News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is this piece called

Started by sparkybr74mr, April 03, 2011, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkybr74mr

Can anybody tell me what this plastic piece is called that covers the top grill to the top corners of the begining of the radiator support. I've looked for it in my parts catalogs and cannot find it. I've seen it on a few cars such as this one that sold on e-bay.

jaak

Daytona R/T SE

That ain't plastic.

It's metal.

'68 and '69 were very similar.

'70's don't have 'em.

sparkybr74mr

That explains it. Someone at one time drilled holes through the inside of my inner fenders and I was looking for something that might cover it up

six-tee-nine

I get the picture... You have a '70....

Altough I'm not a '70 guru, I believe the grille support on them was different than the '68 / '69 ones. So thats maybe why you are mistaken on the parts ID.

Time to get the welder out for those holes.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

six-tee-nine

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight I never asked myself why, but thats the reason a '70 has that kinda bent body color piece of plate between the rad support and the grill, its to hold the latch
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...