News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could have the job you wanted, what would it be and why?

Started by ChargerBill, January 03, 2006, 02:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I would be a Stunt Cock.   Unfortunately I'm genetically challenged. :icon_smile_big:

HAZZARDJOHN

:haha:

"To the Orgazmobile!....
I mean... My Buick Century!"   :lol:
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

4402tuff4u

Quote from: AllBlueRT on January 04, 2006, 03:22:12 PM
I really enjoyed what I was doing before I became a para.  
Crane operator, on call 24/7 due to the crane I was on.   My crane was brand new at a little over 2 million and was a blast to work, made life so much easier versus some of the junk I used to be on.   Going downtown with it was always a kick in the pants.   There's landmarks all over the city that I've been a part of.   I miss the comradarie of my co-workers.   Good money too, potential for over 100k but I liked my weekends when I could get them off, so 80k was enuf.   Anything over 50 hours you're giving to the government anyways.

Retired life being a house dad was OK for the first few months.   I enjoy the heck out of my daughter but I look forward to the weekends now.

What city is that? I have my NYC and NY State crane operator's license. I have operated Link Belts, Manitowoc's, American's, P&H's, Mantis and Terex. I don't do that as my primary job, but since I'm involved in construction and had some experience, I took both tests and passed both. Just have them in case I'm laid off and project engineering is slow at the time. The Operating Engineers union here need licensed operators pretty bad, but I'm staying were I'm at for now. I like my weekends too! :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger_Fan

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on January 04, 2006, 01:09:40 PM
Then I am going to apply. I WILL get a job there and I will have a nice 4 mile commute! :icon_smile_big: and have a job that I love, and be able to snowmobile to work in the winter! :icon_smile_big:
Cool! When you get there, tell whoever is in charge of the stinkin' accessory catalogs to pull their heads out & make one that's readable! :flame:

Oh & the proper pronunciation is "Polarass". :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

General_01

Philanthropist!!!<sp?> :icon_smile_big:

I think my dream job would have been to be a math teacher. I never did finish college or get any degree, but I do/did like math. Maybe I'll get a bug up my butt and go back to college for that. I am already planning to use my tuition assistance program at work to go to college for a Business Administration degree. Maybe I will try to use my own funds and take classes towards a Teaching degree at the same time.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

last426

Quote from: General_01 on January 05, 2006, 09:44:36 PM
Philanthropist!!!<sp?>
I think my dream job would have been to be a math teacher.

Math is such a great thing.  I got the book Innumeracy right in front of me (this is just a simple lay person's math book).  I really regret not having the mastery of math to view it as art.  From what I understand, with a deep understanding comes a whole new perspective and respect for the beauty of it.   Kim

General_01

I always liked math in school. Don't know why, I just did. I think if I get serious about doing this, I will have to refresh my algebra and calculus knowledge. I still have books from my high school calc class and my college calc books from 20 years ago.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

adauto

I do have the job I wanted.. Auto Recycler, although people used the "J" word back then. Wanted to do it for years, growing up across from a "filling station"... you younger guys wouldn't be framiliar with that term. I got hooked on cars really early. Job suits me just fine Pretty much do what I wanna do when I wanna do it. I can tell people to F*** Off an Get Out if they get outta line. I have alotta fun most days Go to Vegas a few times a year, got a cool ride or two and make $$$$$$

Other than that it's annoying as hell........
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Bluebeast

A set/construction designer for movie sets (sci-fi preferably).
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

Brock Samson

4402tuff4u

Have you taken the new National test.     It's slowly gaining steam.   It will eliminate the guys who want to carry 2 trade cards just because.   It's putting even more responsibility on the operator's shoulders.   I use to tell the carpenters and laborers that if I screw up they call your next of kin, if you screw up all you do is just cut a new piece of wood. :o

I've heard about the national test when I was at the OE union hall registering for the NYC test several years ago. If I was in the union and operating everyday for a living, I'm pretty sure I would be more familiar on what's going on with the national license. If it becomes available for me to take it, I will. The NYC written test was pretty involved with electrical, hydraulics and load graphs. The practical/field test was a walk in the park. Like I said, I keep the license's to be a bit more diversified in case I need employment - something to fall back on. It's fun too to play with the big toys too - cranes have always caught my attention. Same with aircraft.
...and absolutely about responsibilities laying on the operator's shoulders. It amazes me how many operators I've worked with do not confirm the loads they are lifting and check the cranes load charts. They rely to much on the Super's judgement. I sometimes check our Super's judgment with lifting some loads and I have found many that try to go beyond the envelop and not taking wind loads or barge listing on a barge mounted crane - serious stuff!! :icon_smile_dead:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

bull

Novelist, writer of fiction, whatever you want to call it.

Dale The Bold

Underwear model.  It would be just like when I was unemployd, except that someone would be taking photos of me sitting around in my underwear, and I'd get paid.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

psykicpup

18 months ago i got a temp job (while waiting for job i have now) in local hospital
with the E&A team social Workers
it was purely admin but i felt like I made a difference
mostly it was steering people towards thge right line(or medical treatment)
but if felt right & good..

they run out of funding so my job went...
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Drop Top

If you call, Living on 150 acres thats paid for. Waking up in the morning. Walking across your back yard to your shop. Restoring all differant kinds of muscle cars and building street rods. Coming and going as you please. Deciding what your going to do that day. Spending other peoples money on beautiful cars. Then I guess I have my dream job. But I ask you. If you really enjoy what you do, is it really a job?

Don't get me wrong. It wasn't just handed to me. I have worked hard all my life and started very young. Also, its not always fun and games. But for the most part I enjoy my life. The best is just around the corner.

Mefirst

My dream job -Helicopter pilot

Then again I do enjoy my job as a Intencive care nurse, but right now my job feels more routine and I feel like im not lerning anything new, maby its time to do something else, maby change what ward i work at. ER would be interesting for a while, but I dont like the stress and that you dont have enough time with the patients there. Working as an ambulance medic would also be an interesting option...

/Tom

Figgy

My dream job would be a race car driver in NASCAR. Something more realistic would be a lawyer.

NHCharger

When I was young I thought about being a stuntdriver. I grew up driving  boats and minibikes, started driving a car at 13, a friend had 100+ acres of field and wood roads so we had lots of places to get in trouble. I got myself in and out of situations with cars and boats that would make my friends eyes pop out.  In my street racing days (2 miles chases, not this 1/4 mile stuff) my 280Z killed any muscle car that I raced (sorry :icon_smile_blackeye:).

Dream job= rock star. The thought of taking a shower while 7 naked beautiful woman wash me down brings a smile to my face. :icon_smile_approve:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

haueter66

Im a Deputy Sheriff in Ohio.  I love my job, but it would be nice to have a high paying job someday to help support my mopar addiction...