News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pitman arm length

Started by Ryan, April 14, 2011, 11:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Does anyone know what a stock pitman arm should measure? Trying to figure out why mine is hitting the header. TTi tells me 5 1/4" center to center yet mine measures 6" center to center. As far as I know this is a stock arm on my car. Is tti wrong or do I somehow have a quick ratio arm on my car?

Thanks
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

pipeliner

I happen to have my stock 70 PA in my house and it measures 5 1/4.So TTI is right.Not sure about the fast ratio.

Ryan

Thank you.

Wonder how I got this 6" arm.

2014 viper TA

67tbird

Hi Ryan I've got my old pitman if you need a core, or you can use it in a pinch to get by, you'll probably want to measure how big your sector shaft is, that the pitman attaches to, if someone put a newer steering box on it you will need 73 or newer pitman-lots cheaper and stocked by most parts stores. Dave 636.290.1273

67tbird

You also might want to check idler arm length, if they aren't the same it could bind or cause alignment issues, if your center link looks straight your probably OK. Somebody could have put a police steering box on your car(good thing).

Ryan

Idler arm is shorter, just noticed that.
I'm pretty sure I have the 73-up box. I thought the pitman arm on that was supposed to be the same length as the older arms?

2014 viper TA

67tbird

could it be off something like an Imperial? Dont know enough about the other types  to help you there sorry, Dave. Need the "old pro NACHO's help on this one!