News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 CHARGER Build, TONIGHT - 9PM, TUES. 3/29- Discovery Ch., Desert Car Kings

Started by BIGBLCK11, March 29, 2011, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBLCK11

I thought I saw a post on this, didn't find it searching.  Quick reminder, although it is on in 20 mins.  :P

NHCharger

It was a 68. That show is stunningly awful. 16k for that perfumed pig.
I'd love to see the look on the new owners face as he watched this show.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

BIGBLCK11

:eek2: Oh, great.  I just dvr'd it, title said 69.  I have yet to watch it.

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

HOTROD

The tail lights were ??? That's what you get when you make a car in the junk yard !! :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap:
What the Hell-Dumass !

BrianShaughnessy

::)              Watch at your own risk.    :eek2:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BIGBLCK11

terrible one

What a solid example to start with. Can't believe one of the guys at the beginning complainin said something like "this ones a rough as they come!"  :pity:

gasoline_24

I liked the vinyl top that thing was hideous and was nowhere near original.  I did want to tell them parts are not that hard to find it will just cost you a fortune.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

terrible one

HA! Just got to the end of it. Loved the close ups of the muddy rear valence corners lol! But man a 19.57 in the 1/4 mile?! And they said that was respectable :rofl: Ah well either way it was entertaining  :2thumbs:

68X426

Left Coast time here, just finished it. A POS if you ask me. They just slapped it together. Buyer beware.

I about died laughing when the old guy said how great that they "still keep making Chargers after all these years". Typical Chevy dweeb. :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

36 Dodge Brothers

Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

az69rtcharger

DVAP owners are Ron and Jason are "Dicks", they are the Arizona equivalent of HLPAG, and the cars they restore are done poorly, look at the 68 Charger they did, wrong bucket seats and head rests, they forgot to put the Charger Script back on the Roof, threw in a junked 383 that they had sitting around the yard, look at the ET that the Charger ran at the track, 19 second quarter mile, what a joke.

Years ago the son Jason came over and tried to buy some parts I had laying around and I laughed him out of my garage for what he offered me.

It just goes to show you you can market "Crap" if you have the right connections

Sabre

When I saw this episode tonight I had high hopes.  What can I say, it was definitely a rush job. IMO lots of cut corners in getting it "restored."  When they put that 383 in it looked used and abused. :eek2:  

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Kern Dog

What is HLPAG ?
You guys are a tough crowd! Did anyone expect a rotisserie restoration with grease and pencil marks? Paint daubs? Paper tags on the proper parts? Come on! The show is about drama. Most of the car build shows use the same episode formula. Mopar guys see the flaws in this car, sure. This isnt Barrett-Jackson. Even those guys push incorrect cars. THEY command far higer prices though.
Look at it this way: Its a show about cars bought cheap, built cheap and sold fairly cheap. Corners WILL be cut. Yeah, I saw the rear valance. The taillight lenses looked like flat red plastic too. They used a 69 hood which is slightly different from a 68. The slow ET could be due to crappy gears, single exhaust, stuck advance weights in the distributor, worn out 2 barrel carb.... nothing too hard to change. The new owner will probably change a few things as most of us do. I'm happy that his dad didnt stuff him in a Honda with a 5 inch fart pipe and a worthless spoiler on the decklid.

NHCharger

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on March 30, 2011, 02:14:56 AM
You guys are a tough crowd! Did anyone expect a rotisserie restoration with grease and pencil marks?

No. It's just disappointing to watch considering these guys have the parts and connections to do the job right if they wanted to.
If you watched the show you'll notice all the car shots are quickies. They never focus on the car in one spot for any length of time except for shots that are further away so it's hard to get a good look at the body lines. I did notice they mudded in the rear corners on the valance but with a time frame that they have you need to cut corners. Why don't they do a 5 week build and spend the time to do it right, or at least a little better?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1969chargerrtse

I DVR'd it also.  I will say the point is to drag something out of the yard and put it back on the road.  Yes they did a sloppy job, I noticed poor paint and panel fit from my old TV, but I think the prices reflect the job and overall another American classic is back on the road.  I could see the orange peel also.  :hah:
My one complaint is the ugly green color, and white letter tires would of been nice.  They did a 69 GTO, that also came out o.k but could of used the stripes down the side.

Oh, PS.  I liked the new Charger.  Don't hit me.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

I watched a few episodes over the past few weeks and realized that these guys are just about turnaround. Get them running and looking decent and move on.

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on March 30, 2011, 02:14:56 AM
What is HLPAG ?
You guys are a tough crowd! Did anyone expect a rotisserie restoration with grease and pencil marks? Paint daubs? Paper tags on the proper parts? Come on! The show is about drama. Most of the car build shows use the same episode formula. Mopar guys see the flaws in this car, sure. This isnt Barrett-Jackson. Even those guys push incorrect cars. THEY command far higer prices though.

I thought Graveyard Carz was doing a decent job of a show with some quality in the car..  :Twocents:
http://www.graveyardcarz.com/main.html
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71ChallengeHer

magnum

It was awful to say the least. I couldn't believe they stuck that dirty engine in. The rear valance corners were horrible, looks like the same green they used on that ford pickup :rotz:. Same for the GTO. I think its cool that they are putting muscle back on the road but just expected better quality I guess :Twocents:.   
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

bobs66440

Quote from: NHCharger on March 29, 2011, 09:09:05 PM
I'd love to see the look on the new owners face as he watched this show.
That's what I was thinking when I watched the episode where they "straightened" the frame on the GTO.  :o I guess that's the risk of buying at an auction... ::)

7chargers

Darn! Forgot this show moved to Tuesday nights, tried looking up some of the episoide but to no prevail.. I guess I will have to wait for a few weeks to see it on the discovery channel video's. Yeah I hate to say it but that show is really kind of a joke but then again they got us all to watch it so who gets the last laugh :hah: DVAP?? 

moparstuart

anyone else see they had picture of both of mikes cars   Mr angry and angier  in the show  ?

There whole deal is to sell car at there little auction with no reserve , I dont think if they did perfect restorations they would ever make a dime .  There cars are just drivers and the prices they get reflect the quality  of the work .  I would at least like to see them rebuild the drive train they put in them .  but it is what it is .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE