News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 CHARGER Build, TONIGHT - 9PM, TUES. 3/29- Discovery Ch., Desert Car Kings

Started by BIGBLCK11, March 29, 2011, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobs66440

I just finished watching the episode where they restore a '65 T-Bird and they had this. A guy pulls in with this '66 Charger looking for a brake booster. Pretty cool. (For a second there I thought it was Steve!)

They ended up taking a booster out of the parts car below...

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Patronus on April 06, 2011, 09:37:21 AM
Fine fine fine. Just get rid of the DRAMA!! I've got enough of that on my own, I dont need to see some guy saying, "how are we ever going to get done?" with some shitty grin on... :Twocents:

Ditto! :yesnod:

I have enough drama in my own life, i don't need anymore watching a car show!

BBD

Mikesmoparperformance

Which episode is it 10? I would love the watch it  I am curious about it :scratchchin:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

bobs66440

I'm not sure of the episode number...and I deleted it from the DVR...sorry.

az69rtcharger

That Charger belongs to Rich Krasner here in Phoenix Arizona, I'm not sure if he is a member here on the forum

Mikesmoparperformance

I got it! episode is it 10 it was :2thumbs: I was nice to see but why the hard thing in find parts? Those guys can't look I can find most of the parts there where missing :cheers: But they found most parts :2thumbs:

But the vinyl top that thing was hideous and was nowhere near original :o
Terrible! The paint was no good very bad! :o
Wrong bucket seats :slap:
And man a 19.57 in the 1/4 mile?! And they said that was respectable :rotz:
And then the engine a Junk yard 383? No shit it did 19.57 sec that blok is gone! Terrible
But overall fun to watch I feel bad for the Owner the had buy that car! :smash:
Did you look ad the driver door!! it was send closed ad all :o Those guys suck  :eek2:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Brock Samson

bill440rt

According to my decoder book I don't think he cared much for it. Just a hunch.  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BB1

Delete my profile

69chargerrt440

Sorry if a repost, but I dont think they included labor in all there work on the 68 Charger.  :shruggy:
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

Lennard

::) I wonder how you and Brock would do on a Dutch forum.  Grow up, it's to easy to make fun of people from another country that are enjoying this board but not "own" the language. :slap:

Mikesmoparperformance

I can read it :smilielol:

Is this better this way sorry about that :o

I got it!  It was episode 10 :2thumbs:   It was nice to see the episode, but why the hard thing in finding the parts? Those guys can't look for parts I can find most of the parts, that where missing for the car, but they found most parts for the car :2thumbs:

The vinyl top that thing was hideous and was nowhere near original :rotz:  Terrible! The paint was no good very bad!   :rotz:
Wrong bucket seats for the car :slap:   :smilielol: And man a 19.57 sec run in the 1/4 mile?! And they said that was respectable :rotz:
The engine was a Junk yard 383? No shit it did a 19.57 sec run terrible  :lol: But overall it was fun to watch. I feel bad for the Owner the had brought that car!  Did ya'll look ad the drivers side door!! it was not closet ad all  Those guys suck  :eek2:  
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Lennard on April 16, 2011, 02:18:17 AM
::) I wonder how you and Brock would do on a Dutch forum.  Grow up, it's to easy to make fun of people from another country that are enjoying this board but not "own" the language. :slap:

Well said thanks! :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Kern Dog

What is so wrong about expecting a higher standard for English skills? Far too many people are sliding by with crappy sentence structure, poor spelling and a disregard for decent punctuation. I can understand a few typos, but skipping words and the aforementioned English crimes make reading these posts difficult. So what if the guy was Dutch. Who cares where we all  originate? We are on a site that uses ENGLISH, and members should use it correctly.

Lennard

Why is it that nobody is making these remarks to Nacho? Is it because he has more knowledge about Third Generation Chargers then most people here?
And why is it that nobody is making these remarks to Bobfirst? Is it because he is reproducing the '69 Charger grill that a lot of people here need?
In other words... if you bring something to the table it is excepted to have (as you call it) "crappy sentence structure, poor spelling and a disregard for decent punctuation." If not, you get commends like yours almost everytime you post. This forum is on the World Wide Web so there are people from all over the world on here, it shouldn't matter if some of them aren't spelling as good as you do. It is the love for the Charger that unites us on this board...

moparstuart

Quote from: Lennard on April 19, 2011, 10:47:16 AM
Why is it that nobody is making these remarks to Nacho? Is it because he has more knowledge about Third Generation Chargers then most people here?
And why is it that nobody is making these remarks to Bobfirst? Is it because he is reproducing the '69 Charger grill that a lot of people here need?
In other words... if you bring something to the table it is excepted to have (as you call it) "crappy sentence structure, poor spelling and a disregard for decent punctuation." If not, you get commends like yours almost everytime you post. This forum is on the World Wide Web so there are people from all over the world on here, it shouldn't matter if some of them aren't spelling as good as you do. It is the love for the Charger that unites us on this board...

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  I cant spell or type worth a darn , but there is no way you will ever shut me up .   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

genlee1970

I saw the episode, most of the episodes actually, and I like them. Sure, some of it is contrived like the Barracuda back glass. And some is comical, like a rare Chevelle SS and hard to find SS emblems, but for the most part I find it enjoyable and am thankful for the return of some automotive programming on Discovery Channel. I've got sub-basic cable, Discovery being the best channel I get, and I thought I was doomed to a life watching extreme crab fishing,tree cutting or gold mining. Desrt Car Kings isn't perfect, and unfortunatley producers will stick with what has worked in the past,milk it for all they can and then dump it. That's why all these shows seem to follow the same format with the drama. Every car guy I know wants to see more hands on work on these shows but that's not what they're giving us at the moment. So I watch for the automotive content, to see all the cool stuff they have kicking around thier yard, for a laugh or two, and maybe some inspiration. If I want to see an engine getting built, welding, sanding, or other actual work, I turn off the TV or log off of Dodge Charger.com and go out in my garage and do some welding, sanding etc.

I did have issue with them showing the 68 turning a 19 second quater mile, even though they did show a disclaimer stating that the ET would normally be lower. Still, that makes us look bad.

As for the DVAP guys not giving a member here top dollar for their parts, well.... If you want top buck, don't sell to them, sell it to a private party. How can they pay you top buck and then make a profit, that's just common business sense.

Neal_J

I saw the show earlier this week with the wife.  As I nitpicked details on the car, she reminded me that the program's introduction says their goal is simply to return cars to the road.  Fair enough, they strive to renovate not restore cars.   I too could do without the drama of a pointless deadline.  But my biggest grip of these shows remains the clear formula.  I stopped watching Overhaulin for the same reason - it became boring. 

bull

Like all of these "reality" shows there's very little reality to them. But the one reality of Desert Car Kings is they don't do very extensive restorations, if you can call it that.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Neal_J on April 27, 2011, 02:29:57 PM
I saw the show earlier this week with the wife.  As I nitpicked details on the car, she reminded me that the program's introduction says their goal is simply to return cars to the road.  Fair enough, they strive to renovate not restore cars.   I too could do without the drama of a pointless deadline.  But my biggest grip of these shows remains the clear formula.  I stopped watching Overhaulin for the same reason - it became boring. 

I als got bored with Overhaulin back then. Im glad I did now,cause Im not bored of it anymore and there are some that are still new to me. I enjoy watching again.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

greenpigs

I missed some of the begining but the Chevelle SS 396 was not bad looking, however they said it had a 454 & the Draglites killed the resto look they were jonsing for. You can not tell me they didn't have a set of rallies too put on, even if not correct for the year it is better than the aftermarket rims when trying to look stock.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mopar0166

But man a 19.57 in the 1/4, thats pretty bad!  i think it was the driver mostly.  my 318 car does better then that, and that had a 383.  i know theres a weight difference but that jsut seems really bad

ChgrSteve67

I watched it last night for the first time. That green was horible.  I can understand why they didn't paint it black with the body work that was done.
And to put a old tired motor in it. (330HP yeah right). I could not believe they did the body work and painted it then later took out the headliner to find all of the rat droppings. unbelievable. To spend time on a car you have not completely looked at and inspected.

I hope the kid that got the car is signed up for auto class becasue he is going to need it to keep that car on the road.

And to race a tired 383 car against a modern HEMI car. Of course the 383 is going to get its but kicked.
I'm sure if they power braked the car or reved the motor and dropped it in gear to launch the whole drive train would have been left on the ground. Which probably explains the slow run, they didn't want to push the car to hard figuring it would not hold together.

ACUDANUT

That 68 still looked better than the 2011 "Charger". :Twocents:.....Why would you go to a junk yard for a brake booster, when you can get a new one at the parts store anyway. ?