News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 CHARGER Build, TONIGHT - 9PM, TUES. 3/29- Discovery Ch., Desert Car Kings

Started by BIGBLCK11, March 29, 2011, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 29, 2011, 04:16:56 PM
I watched it last night for the first time. That green was horible.  I can understand why they didn't paint it black with the body work that was done.
And to put a old tired motor in it. (330HP yeah right). I could not believe they did the body work and painted it then later took out the headliner to find all of the rat droppings. unbelievable. To spend time on a car you have not completely looked at and inspected.

LOL, that green was HORRIBLE.  :eek2: The original green was a better choice than they made. I mentioned the same thing to the mrs while I was watching.. Why finish half the car and then take out the crappy headliner.   :shruggy:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Troy

I finally saw bits and pieces of this episode while flipping channels. I couldn't stand to watch all of it. The show is seriously scripted for one thing. The most annoying part for me is that they continually showed the driver's rear valance corner after it was "finished" and it had to be the worst bit of paint/body work on the car - at least I hope it was! There are too many people joining this site with overpriced "perfumed pigs" built by places like this (HLPAG anyone?) that need gutted and completely rebuilt for me to ignore this one. At least these guys don't overinflate the prices or purposely mislead the buyers (live auctions don't hurt). I'm glad to see the car on the road again but I just don't really see the point of half-assing all the work.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

Well, They only had 2 weeks to get it running and sold...If you look at the dildo's fixing it...You just can't expect a 100 point car...Heck, they didn't even know that all the parts they needed are available on the internet. :Twocents:

Troy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 30, 2011, 10:37:06 AM
Well, They only had 2 weeks to get it running and sold...If you look at the dildo's fixing it...You just can't expect a 100 point car...Heck, they didn't even know that all the parts they needed are available on the internet. :Twocents:
That's all BS - it was a self-imposed deadline. What would have happened if it took 3 weeks? Nothing. They *could* have taken a month (or 5) to build it right. It seems like they have sales/auctions on a regular basis so having several cars in the works would assure a steady stream of "finished" cars for the sales. We all know that doing it right costs a lot more than they're willing to spend so they hack it together with mismatched junk and try to make more profit than they would have by parting it out. They're in the parts business so it seems to me like they only build cars on the side.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ccr-host

I feel so much better about myself after reading these comments!  :D

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

six-tee-nine

i also watch the show sometimes, but I et the point. If the spend 3 moths on a resto job, the guys wokring there need to get paid also and in the end the want to make money on these cars.

Have you ever seen an 100% perfect restored car getting sold that actually makes money? Maybe a one time rare care but most guys never get back what they put into their cars.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

ChgrSteve67

I can't watch the show anymore.
2 or 3 weeks to restore a car and moke it reliable and safe to drive is not posible without an army of people in my opinion. I would love to see thier bondo bills.

I would love to hear from the people that have purchased one of these "Restored" cars to know what they think of them. I also have never heard of anyone going to them to perform a restoration.

I have visions of HLPAG all over again.

I have not seen a new episode in a while, did it get canceled?

Kern Dog

I think that they ran their contracted 12 episodes and that was it.

ACUDANUT

FlatbackFanatic

I watched a few of the shows, the Charger one too. It was bad, the son doesn't know crap. He tries to talk a good game, its kind of funny to watch him. I don't claim to know alot about cars, but I know that I know more than he does :lol:. And the old man says a 19 second 1/4 mile run with the Charger is respectable. :smilielol: I think my 4 cyl HHR can do that. :smilielol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Kern Dog

A 19 second quarter? Thats slant six territory. They would have been better off leaving the drag race out of the story. Its incidents like that one that destroy any integrity that they might have.

Rolling_Thunder

Dude...   my Tacoma would beat that thing...    1/4 times are around high 16's...     and that is stock    :rofl:         
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip