News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BEST BEER

Started by TK73, March 28, 2011, 10:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

My favorite is COPPER HOOK by Red hook Brewery in Woodinville WA

Of course a nice watery lager is also good on a hot day or with hot dogs and bbq beans...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

LeeBoy

My favorite beer is a cold beer. The only thing that can top that is a free cold beer.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

KSChrgr68

Sam adams boston lager or a cold paulaner oktoberfest

I got my dreamcar in 2010

TruckDriver

Eh, Miller lite or Bud lite. Or anything free ;)

Actually, I rarely drink anymore. If I do, it's usually just one before I go to bed to help me sleep. And even then, I prefer a mix drink or wine cooler over beer.

And that said, I prefer A & W Root Beer  :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Manfred318

My personal choice is PBR :drool5: or Newcastle.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

mikesbbody

I'm not a Drinker, but I'm told Belgium and Thai Beer are good.

Dans 68

The best beer is a Graf-style Vienna lager. The closest existing commercially available (not homebrewed) beer would be Negra Modelo. Very nice with a good mexican dish.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section4/chapter19-4.html
"Vienna
The Vienna style of lager was developed in the mid-1800s in the town of Vienna, naturally. It grew from the Marzen/Oktoberfest styles of Bavaria, but was influenced by the rise of the Pilsener style of Bohemia. Attempts to imitate the Pilsen style had resulted in harsh beers, due to the differences in brewing water between the two regions. The water of Bavaria (Germany) is higher in carbonates than that of Bohemia (Czech Republic). As discussed in Chapter 13, the use of pale malts in alkaline water results in too high a mash pH that extracts tannins from the grain husks. Of course, they didn't know this back then. They did know that they could brew darker beers that didn't have the astringency problems. The sweet amber lager now known as Vienna was the result of their efforts to produce a lighter beer. It became immensely popular and was copied in other brewing countries.

There was a lot of immigration from Central Europe to Texas and Mexico at that time, and of course the people brought their beer and brewing techniques with them. The hot climate were abysmal for lager brewing though, and commercial offerings were poorly regarded. Fortunately by the late 1800s, refrigeration became commercially viable and variations of Old World style lagers became very popular. The principle variation of the Vienna style in the New World is the Graf-Style Vienna, named after the Mexican brewer (Santiago Graf) who developed it. It incorporated a small percentage of heavily roast malt to compensate for the more alkaline water of the region, giving it a deep amber color with hints of red.

OG: 1.045 - 1.055
FG: 1.008 - 1.013
25 - 30 IBUs

Commercial Example: Negra Modelo, Dos Equis
"

Dan (yes - I make my own beer, and have a dedicated refrigerator for my kegs.  :icon_smile_big:)
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

doctor4766

When at home I drink Carlton Mid. It's a local Aussie beer.
If I'm heading out and driving the same.
If I'm heading out and not driving I'm rather partial to your Budweiser.
If I'm in Bali on vacation it's gotta be Bintang!
Gotta love a '69

Just 6T9 CHGR

While I was in Vegas last year, I tried (what I though was) a new beer called Fat Tire Amber Ale on tap.  Instantly fell in love with it but have yet to see it on the east coast.
Seems like its been around for a while though....

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=7c5b394b-d7b7-486a-ac9a-316256a7b0ee

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

vancamp

I drink Shiner Bock at home or if i van get it occassionaly Kostritzer from germany

stripedelete

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 29, 2011, 05:32:19 AM
While I was in Vegas last year, I tried (what I though was) a new beer called Fat Tire Amber Ale on tap.  Instantly fell in love with it but have yet to see it on the east coast.
Seems like its been around for a while though....

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=7c5b394b-d7b7-486a-ac9a-316256a7b0ee

It's in Atlanta - so you'll probably see it soon.

Old Moparz

One of my favorites right now is Dogfish Head Lager, the 60 minute IPA, & not because of the dumb reality show either.  :lol:

At $10 a six pack I don't buy it regularly, so other times I'll buy Blue Moon, Bass Ale, or just try a new one I haven't had.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

doctor4766

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 29, 2011, 07:15:01 AM
One of my favorites right now is Dogfish Head Lager, the 60 minute IPA, & not because of the dumb reality show either.  :lol:

At $10 a six pack I don't buy it regularly, so other times I'll buy Blue Moon, Bass Ale, or just try a new one I haven't had.
Ten bucks for half a D?
Lucky to get a 6 pack of any beer here for less than $15
Much better to buy by the slab....
Gotta love a '69

Charger-Bodie

Root Beer! No actually Nice cold Coca-Cola . Maybe Milk!?

I dont drink. If I did I would probably never have a finished car.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

71ChallengeHer

Bob, We got a new beer in the Beer Store called Old Leg Humper. I think that one might be right up your alley.   :nana:     :rofl: :rofl:

bakerhillpins

I prefer Woodchuck Granny Smith

Harpoon Brewery's White label UFO,

and Miller High Life.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Drache

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 29, 2011, 07:42:55 AM
Root Beer! No actually Nice cold Coca-Cola . Maybe Milk!?

I dont drink. If I did I would probably never have a finished car.

The Old Fashioned type root beer and that comes in glass bottles. Bring a cold one out on a hot day and nothing beats it!  :drool5:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Old Moparz

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 29, 2011, 08:26:23 AM

Bob, We got a new beer in the Beer Store called Old Leg Humper. I think that one might be right up your alley.   :nana:     :rofl: :rofl:

So leg humping reminds you of me?   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 29, 2011, 09:04:37 AM

actully the " Old part "  :D :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

68pplcharger

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 29, 2011, 03:03:15 AM
The best beer is a Graf-style Vienna lager. The closest existing commercially available (not homebrewed) beer would be Negra Modelo. Very nice with a good mexican dish.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section4/chapter19-4.html
"Vienna
The Vienna style of lager was developed in the mid-1800s in the town of Vienna, naturally. It grew from the Marzen/Oktoberfest styles of Bavaria, but was influenced by the rise of the Pilsener style of Bohemia. Attempts to imitate the Pilsen style had resulted in harsh beers, due to the differences in brewing water between the two regions. The water of Bavaria (Germany) is higher in carbonates than that of Bohemia (Czech Republic). As discussed in Chapter 13, the use of pale malts in alkaline water results in too high a mash pH that extracts tannins from the grain husks. Of course, they didn't know this back then. They did know that they could brew darker beers that didn't have the astringency problems. The sweet amber lager now known as Vienna was the result of their efforts to produce a lighter beer. It became immensely popular and was copied in other brewing countries.

There was a lot of immigration from Central Europe to Texas and Mexico at that time, and of course the people brought their beer and brewing techniques with them. The hot climate were abysmal for lager brewing though, and commercial offerings were poorly regarded. Fortunately by the late 1800s, refrigeration became commercially viable and variations of Old World style lagers became very popular. The principle variation of the Vienna style in the New World is the Graf-Style Vienna, named after the Mexican brewer (Santiago Graf) who developed it. It incorporated a small percentage of heavily roast malt to compensate for the more alkaline water of the region, giving it a deep amber color with hints of red.

OG: 1.045 - 1.055
FG: 1.008 - 1.013
25 - 30 IBUs

Commercial Example: Negra Modelo, Dos Equis
"

Dan (yes - I make my own beer, and have a dedicated refrigerator for my kegs.  :icon_smile_big:)

Yeah, I would think love to drink this beer with Selma Hyeck too... :smilielol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 29, 2011, 09:21:16 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on March 29, 2011, 09:04:37 AM

actully the " Old part "  :D :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

OUCH!  :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4cruzin

Here is my current favorite  . . . located in Michigan.  My local hangout got a keg of this upon my request and they say it sells just as good as Bud or Bud Light.   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

General_01

I hardley ever drink, but I do like Killian's Red.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

400/6/PAC

I'm just a Coors Light Man.
:cheers:

BIGBLCK11

2nd vote for Killian's Red or just a Coke.  :cheers: