News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trans wiring help!

Started by sixpack_sid, March 29, 2011, 09:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I have a 68 Charger and I'm trying to figure the wiring to the trans. The trans I am putting in is from a 77 New Yorker 440. The plug that I found with my wiring for the 68 is a round plug with 2 female end and 2 blue & yellow wires going to it. The plug on the 77 trans is a 3 prong male end. The female 2 prong doesn't seem to fit into the male 3 prong on the trans. I did get the original 3 prong wire with the 77 trans. Can I use this wire and where does the other end plug into?
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

Nacho-RT74

since mid 69, the NSS was changed to 3 prongs to drive there also the back up light. Earliers are just one prong to simply provide the ground to the starter relay on P or N.

on 3 prongs NSS the MIDDLE ONE is the one what feeds the ground directly to the starter relay. The outer ones drives positive, being one of them energized allways from fuse block ( while running ), the other one is energized when set in reverse to feed the back up lamps
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

John_Kunkel

Quote from: sixpack_sid on March 29, 2011, 09:28:30 AM
The plug that I found with my wiring for the 68 is a round plug with 2 female end and 2 blue & yellow wires going to it.

That's a manual trans BU light harness.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.