News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barn stored 68 Charger

Started by keepat, March 27, 2011, 02:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBLCK11

I'd say 15-18k too.  It is nice and complete.  The market is down, but you see project cars for 10-15k, not that they sell for that.  I am assuming this is a survivor with original paint?  I guess the issue is, unless you want a fairly base model in green, you would have to choose to change a survivor car and alot on here would not change it.

hemi68charger

Hey Pat..
I would go on the high side of $20k in today's climate............  great looking car..............

Awesome pictures.. If I was to win the lotto today, that barn/garage looking structure would be the bomb..   :2thumbs:

Oh, by the way.. Thanks for your numerous pictures on the GV thread.. It helped me with my Daytona, which is enjoying the benefits now...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JPL

Troy

Hmmm, depends on the end goal. These are my honest opinions after owning a whole pile of 68 Chargers and trying to sell several cars over the last couple years.

It's a 383 2bbl (2nd most produced configuration after 318), green (one of the most produced and despised colors), column shift (most hated), and non-A/C. Definitely low on the rarity/desirability scale. It has been painted at least once so it's not a "survivor" in the strictest sense. Needs front fender, trunk pan, passenger lower quarter, and rear window channel work so it will need painted along with anything else that turns up during this process. The dash and door pads look nice in the pictures but the seat covers and some interior parts will need replaced. After that the flaws in the trim/grill will stand out. I can see pits in the taillights and faded/peeled plating in the interior. The vacuum for the headlights has a problem (probably broken switch).

After doing all this the car might be worth low-mid $20s. In it's current state and in this market I'd guess $10-12k (I haven't seen any $10k disassembled "projects" actually sell in a long time but I have seen drivable cars selling for under $15k rather often). The bonus is that it's drivable and complete which makes it a good value (better if you leave it "as-is" and enjoy it!). *If* a person started on "restoring" this car they'd only save some sheet metal costs and some parts replacement - but, make no mistake, almost everything would need touched in some manner. Sadly, this is the type of car best suited for modifications. I'm surprised it lasted this long without a 440 transplant! It's incredibly hard to find a good "base" for a project and this would be a great one - if the price is right.

Sure, some people would want to leave it original (and I probably would too) but it's value is in the ease with which it could be turned into something more desirable - say a wicked resto-mod OR an R/T clone that you can drive (or a Hemi car bought in an envelope) without suffering the disapproval and scorn if you did the same to a rarer car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

66FBCharger

I like the fact that it is complete. I would leave it alone and drive it and enjoy it.
I agree with the fact that it is not a highly desireable Charger (for me at least). I am not a huge fan of triple green, column auto, 2 bbl. cars. If I had the oppurtunity to buy it, I would probably pay in the 10K-15K range. It would be a good car to take the family to cruise nights,out for ice cream,etc. :Twocents:
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

NHCharger

Up here that would fetch 15-17k with in a week.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

PocketThunder

Well there you have it!  I was right from the start at $15k...  :icon_smile_big:   
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68 RT

I would say around 15k too. Would mostly depend on were you are selling it at. Ebay you would more than likely get top dollar. My  :Twocents:

keepat

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 29, 2011, 10:04:21 AM
Hey Pat..
I would go on the high side of $20k in today's climate............  great looking car..............

Awesome pictures.. If I was to win the lotto today, that barn/garage looking structure would be the bomb..   :2thumbs:

Oh, by the way.. Thanks for your numerous pictures on the GV thread.. It helped me with my Daytona, which is enjoying the benefits now...  :2thumbs:

Its great to hear that a few pictures can help another member. I know how others posts have help me in the past so its nice to contribute.
Thank You!
Pat 

pipeliner

Id go 15k on that baby if I had the xtra $$$.

surmanajaja

I´d give 11000 for it. but its probably worth 15-16, maybe more if you are lucky and the "right" person from Germany or somewhere sees it on ebay and decides its the perfect one for him/her..

I actually would prefer a bench seat and pay more for it..but of course what i really want is a four-speed..

I wouldn't change it.. It has lasted this long so why change it now. It's in good shape compared to many and pretty soon it will be rarer then resto mods and clones after all the base cars have been converted..... How many original base cars still exist in original form ? My :Twocents: 

Brock Samson

I guess Petri leaned how NOT to buy a charger....  :rofl: