News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barn stored 68 Charger

Started by keepat, March 27, 2011, 02:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

I good friend is selling his 68 charger and today we drove down to see it at his brother farm. He has stored it there for over a year and has owned it for over 5 years. He is the 2nd owner and the car has a cool history. If I buy it I'll pass on the story, it is a 383 2b auto, column car that runs and drives great! The car is in good shape with rust free frame rails front & back and great floors. Rust free doors & front fenders but the right front was in a fender bender and would need to be replaced. All of the S/S trim is excellent but the left drip rail. The grill is in great shape as is the hood and left side quarter. The lower right quarter, trunk, and back window need replacing/work. Check the pictures out and please let me know what you think it is worth?
Thank You!

Pat

LeeBoy

wow, looks like a nice unmolested car. Seat covers don't appear to be original. I would not hesitate to buy that one. Keep us posted
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

resq302

aside from the little bit of rust or whatever that is on the lower quarter, that thing is in VERY nice shape for an unmolested car.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Patronus

I would hate to resto that. MUCH cooler original.. :Twocents:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Brock Samson

and that's the one the europian want to send overseas and flip.. not original seat pattern.. but looks ok for a project.. not to restore but to buff out...

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69 OUR/TEA

Looks like a nice car,is it being said that it is a survivor????Looks like it had has a repaint and detail under the hood.Needs a green vinyl top!!!! :2thumbs:

LeeBoy

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 27, 2011, 06:25:51 PM
Looks like a nice car,is it being said that it is a survivor????Looks like it had has a repaint and detail under the hood.Needs a green vinyl top!!!! :2thumbs:
Not survivor, unmolested. Nobody has tried to make an R/T clone out of it or messed with the drivetrain, or put a vinyl top on it stuff like that.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

keepat

No survivor! 1 maybe 2 repaint, seats recover (not correct) and yes it had a vinyl top at one time. But I'm not looking for a survivor as I have no plans to keep, build,or restore an original car! 
Thanks!
Pat   

A383Wing

dual exhaust on a 2bbl motor ain't stock either...but I would buy it and keep it as OE as possible....looks like a great car to own

Just 6T9 CHGR

Pat, that pic on the road with the yellow line is killer!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

pipeliner

Needs a green vinyl top!!!! :2thumbs:
Im sorry but IMO green vinyl tops have no place on green cars  :puke:

HOTROD

What the hell change a dam good car that has lasted this long wish mine looked that good, hell no on the vinyl top  :brickwall: :Twocents:
What the Hell-Dumass !

69rtse4spd

Looks good, buy it & just drive it & have fun!. :2thumbs:.

A383Wing

Quote from: pipeliner on March 27, 2011, 08:56:48 PM

Quote from: HOTROD on March 27, 2011, 09:13:30 PM
What the hell change a dam good car that has lasted this long wish mine looked that good, hell no on the vinyl top  :brickwall: :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

Wow, what an awesome looking '68! :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

I'm going to hang onto a couple of those pics and hope one will work for the 2012 calendar. Would you please ask him if we can use a pic of it for the calendar and PM me his name and location? Unless you buy it in which case I'll use your info. :2thumbs:

charger Downunder

Nice car i love that color. I wold love to have that with a crate 426 and 5 speed manual. :2thumbs:
[/quote]

1969chargerrtse

Few Charger's do not have a vinyl top, I'd leave it off also.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargermike

beautiful charger. just keep it the way it is. :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

And Green should only be painted on Tractors and Tanks.  :D

69 OUR/TEA

Geuss I have bad taste!!!  :shruggy: But triple green, to me,looks awesome!!!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 27, 2011, 08:31:43 PM
Pat, that pic on the road with the yellow line is killer!  :cheers:

I've never seen a road with just one yellow stripe down the center.   :ahum:  

Any Charger picture with snow in the background is ...   :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:

And since no one gave their opinion on value, i'll start out with $15k to $18k...  :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 28, 2011, 09:10:11 AM
And Green should only be painted on Tractors and Tanks.  :D

:smilielol:   I can deal with green on the outside but green on the inside should be left to things with exoskeletons.

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 28, 2011, 10:14:51 AM
And since no one gave their opinion on value, i'll start out with $15k to $18k...  :Twocents:

Nice and original maybe, but green interior makes it practically worthless to me so it's hard to assign a value. Though I will say that I have seen several 3x green 383 cars sit for quite some time before they sell. The column auto only makes it sit longer. Full docs and wonderful sheet metal to boot.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

keepat

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 28, 2011, 10:14:51 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 27, 2011, 08:31:43 PM
Pat, that pic on the road with the yellow line is killer!  :cheers:

I've never seen a road with just one yellow stripe down the center.   :ahum:  

Any Charger picture with snow in the background is ...   :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:

22 reply's and only one opinion on the value.  :slap:
Thank You for your  :Twocents:

Pat

BIGBLCK11

I'd say 15-18k too.  It is nice and complete.  The market is down, but you see project cars for 10-15k, not that they sell for that.  I am assuming this is a survivor with original paint?  I guess the issue is, unless you want a fairly base model in green, you would have to choose to change a survivor car and alot on here would not change it.

hemi68charger

Hey Pat..
I would go on the high side of $20k in today's climate............  great looking car..............

Awesome pictures.. If I was to win the lotto today, that barn/garage looking structure would be the bomb..   :2thumbs:

Oh, by the way.. Thanks for your numerous pictures on the GV thread.. It helped me with my Daytona, which is enjoying the benefits now...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JPL

Troy

Hmmm, depends on the end goal. These are my honest opinions after owning a whole pile of 68 Chargers and trying to sell several cars over the last couple years.

It's a 383 2bbl (2nd most produced configuration after 318), green (one of the most produced and despised colors), column shift (most hated), and non-A/C. Definitely low on the rarity/desirability scale. It has been painted at least once so it's not a "survivor" in the strictest sense. Needs front fender, trunk pan, passenger lower quarter, and rear window channel work so it will need painted along with anything else that turns up during this process. The dash and door pads look nice in the pictures but the seat covers and some interior parts will need replaced. After that the flaws in the trim/grill will stand out. I can see pits in the taillights and faded/peeled plating in the interior. The vacuum for the headlights has a problem (probably broken switch).

After doing all this the car might be worth low-mid $20s. In it's current state and in this market I'd guess $10-12k (I haven't seen any $10k disassembled "projects" actually sell in a long time but I have seen drivable cars selling for under $15k rather often). The bonus is that it's drivable and complete which makes it a good value (better if you leave it "as-is" and enjoy it!). *If* a person started on "restoring" this car they'd only save some sheet metal costs and some parts replacement - but, make no mistake, almost everything would need touched in some manner. Sadly, this is the type of car best suited for modifications. I'm surprised it lasted this long without a 440 transplant! It's incredibly hard to find a good "base" for a project and this would be a great one - if the price is right.

Sure, some people would want to leave it original (and I probably would too) but it's value is in the ease with which it could be turned into something more desirable - say a wicked resto-mod OR an R/T clone that you can drive (or a Hemi car bought in an envelope) without suffering the disapproval and scorn if you did the same to a rarer car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

66FBCharger

I like the fact that it is complete. I would leave it alone and drive it and enjoy it.
I agree with the fact that it is not a highly desireable Charger (for me at least). I am not a huge fan of triple green, column auto, 2 bbl. cars. If I had the oppurtunity to buy it, I would probably pay in the 10K-15K range. It would be a good car to take the family to cruise nights,out for ice cream,etc. :Twocents:
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

NHCharger

Up here that would fetch 15-17k with in a week.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

PocketThunder

Well there you have it!  I was right from the start at $15k...  :icon_smile_big:   
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68 RT

I would say around 15k too. Would mostly depend on were you are selling it at. Ebay you would more than likely get top dollar. My  :Twocents:

keepat

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 29, 2011, 10:04:21 AM
Hey Pat..
I would go on the high side of $20k in today's climate............  great looking car..............

Awesome pictures.. If I was to win the lotto today, that barn/garage looking structure would be the bomb..   :2thumbs:

Oh, by the way.. Thanks for your numerous pictures on the GV thread.. It helped me with my Daytona, which is enjoying the benefits now...  :2thumbs:

Its great to hear that a few pictures can help another member. I know how others posts have help me in the past so its nice to contribute.
Thank You!
Pat 

pipeliner

Id go 15k on that baby if I had the xtra $$$.

surmanajaja

I´d give 11000 for it. but its probably worth 15-16, maybe more if you are lucky and the "right" person from Germany or somewhere sees it on ebay and decides its the perfect one for him/her..

I actually would prefer a bench seat and pay more for it..but of course what i really want is a four-speed..

I wouldn't change it.. It has lasted this long so why change it now. It's in good shape compared to many and pretty soon it will be rarer then resto mods and clones after all the base cars have been converted..... How many original base cars still exist in original form ? My :Twocents: 

Brock Samson

I guess Petri leaned how NOT to buy a charger....  :rofl: