News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sail panel Charger script removal on 68

Started by Lost Sheep, March 27, 2011, 11:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Sheep

Can anyone explain how to remove my sail panel scripts on my 68 Charger so I can remove the vinyl top and paint the roof.......there is holes tore in the headliner close to the emblems on the inside......I would appreciate pics for a helper guide if possible.
thanks in advance.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

bull

There are speed nuts on the back of the two studs so best I can tell (I've wondered this myself) you've got to take the headliner loose and reach up in there to unscrew the nuts.

twodko

Bull is exactly right. You must remove the package tray then gently lift up the headliner, on both sides, to expose a triangular piece of hardboard. This hardboard is held in place by one spring clip. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the clip out. If you yank on the hardboard it may break. Behind this are the 2 speed nuts Bull referenced. Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!