News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pistol Grips for autos

Started by Drache, March 26, 2011, 01:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Does anyone make one that would replace the shifter knob on the '67 Dart? Not a fan of the small little knob and want something different.

This is what the shifter looks like (not my car though)

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

I put one on my SuperBee, I got it from gunslinger and it was the best modification I put on it :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Drache

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 26, 2011, 06:34:55 PM
http://www.duncan-motor-sports.com/3.html makes a cool shifter & handle

I'll probably go with this company rather than gunslingers only because for gunslingers' shifters you need a console bracket to offset the shifter where as the above you don't.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart

here is duncans in my car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

sixty8charger

since there is no more button to push, like the stock shifter... how do you move the shifter? do you just pull it? no more button?
Jayson

moparstuart

Quote from: sixty8charger on March 27, 2011, 08:41:32 AM
since there is no more button to push, like the stock shifter... how do you move the shifter? do you just pull it? no more button?
it a series of moves up and down and slides , takes a little getting used to but works really well

1BAD68

Moparstuart, how quick can you shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd as if you were at the track?
Also is there any chance of missing a shift like going from 1st to 3rd or even neutral?

Drache

Quote from: 1BAD68 on March 27, 2011, 10:52:46 AM
Moparstuart, how quick can you shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd as if you were at the track?
Also is there any chance of missing a shift like going from 1st to 3rd or even neutral?

Duncan also sells a little kit to turn your normal auto into a slapstick shifter with the pistol grip.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Purple68

Quote from: Drache on March 27, 2011, 11:05:02 AM

Duncan also sells a little kit to turn your normal auto into a slapstick shifter with the pistol grip.

The little kit you're talking about is the shifter gate, right? I want to order the handle, arm, and gate but I e-mailed them a couple times and have had no reply. Kinda makes me a little hesitant to order.

Drache

Quote from: Purple68 on March 30, 2011, 11:37:47 PM

The little kit you're talking about is the shifter gate, right? I want to order the handle, arm, and gate but I e-mailed them a couple times and have had no reply. Kinda makes me a little hesitant to order.

Shift-R-Gate yup. And yes Ive received no replies either.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart

Quote from: Drache on March 31, 2011, 08:50:27 AM
Quote from: Purple68 on March 30, 2011, 11:37:47 PM

Shift-R-Gate yup. And yes Ive received no replies either.
Interesting   :shruggy:

1BAD68

Does anyone else have any experience with these that could comment on the above quote?

Purple68

Well, I just got off the phone with Duncan. I ordered the shifter arm w/gate and pistol grip. I don't know why he isn't answering his e-mails but I guess if anyone wants to order it might be best just to phone him.

Hemidog

In my experience Duncan is a great guy, I had some problems with his shifter hitting the ashtray, and he sent me a new one for free  :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,61924.0.html

Purple68

Quote from: Hemidog on March 31, 2011, 02:26:29 PM
In my experience Duncan is a great guy, I had some problems with his shifter hitting the ashtray, and he sent me a new one for free  :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,61924.0.html

That's an interesting thread, I'm pretty stoked to get mine now. Hopefully the parts get here before I take the car out of storage later in April. :yesnod:

Drache

Ok Im planning on ordering a Duncan shifter with the shift-r-gate for $150 plus shipping.

Does it come with everything?

I noticed it said this about the shift-r-arm:

"Shifter Knob sold separately"

So do I have to go and find the actual pistol grip itself somewhere else?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart

he will have to sell you his  pistol grip shifter handle , but it is sold seperately

also if you want to use different style grips , the factory one or any aftermarket replacement for factory must be shaved a little bit down to fit duncans handle  .  

moparstuart

:slap:

Drache

Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2011, 04:05:55 PM
he will have to sell you his  pistol grip shifter handle , but it is sold seperately

Ok then nevermind. It's already hitting $200 with shipping up here to Canada and I could well be paying 14% taxes on top of that. Then throw in the cost of buying the handle and it's just not cost effective really.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Purple68

Mine cost $276.00 for the Shifter arm, gate, and pistol grip from Duncans. To me it was worth it as it's way better looking than the factory set-up. He told me told me that other pistol grips will fit his arms including Gunslinger.

moparstuart

Quote from: Purple68 on June 08, 2011, 06:20:56 PM
Mine cost $276.00 for the Shifter arm, gate, and pistol grip from Duncans. To me it was worth it as it's way better looking than the factory set-up. He told me told me that other pistol grips will fit his arms including Gunslinger.
unless he has changed it , you have to shave the factory grip down about a 1/4 inch on the bottom .  I know from personal experince I also love mine and think its well worth the price

Drache

Quote from: Purple68 on June 08, 2011, 06:20:56 PM

I love the look but it went from about $137.50 (at first what I thought it would cost me) to almost $300 (after learning the shift-r-gate is pretty much suggested, over double the shipping up to canada, and that the actual pistol grip needs to be purchased extra).  :-\
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart