News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will fuel line work for power steering return line

Started by 67tbird, March 28, 2011, 04:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67tbird

trying to save a nickel buying return line, 72 charger.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I wouldnt.... theres "fuel line" & "power steering line" for a reason  

My :Twocents: (which doesnt add up to your nickel though...)  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

67tbird

yeah, looks like fuel line is a fudge wider guess I'll b waiting for another Rockauto shipment.

terrible one

If it's return line no need for special order! Go get a couple feet of "transmission cooler line" from the parts store. It'll set you back less than $1

resq302

I agree.  Trans cooler line should be the same as power steering return line.  Fuel line is completely different.  If you have one of each, you will see that the trans/power steering line is thicker and harder to bend vs. the fuel line.  I think it has to do with the oil and degrading the rubber.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

67tbird

Went to Danco auto and he called it "power steering/transmission line" whole 5.30 with clamps and taxes, definitely heavier duty and smaller inner diameter than fuel line. 6T9Charger, my nickel is in my pocket, I aint got any sense(permanent short circuit btween shoulder blades) who with any would join a Mopar site with the handle 67tbird?(Ive got 3 passwords I can remember without peeing myself) thanks all, Dave

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T