News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A retro touch I think the new Charger should have

Started by Ghoste, March 24, 2011, 12:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Looking at the latest version of the four door Charger I have admitted that the retro touches they gave the car were a big improvement in my opinion.  However there is one touch I think they missed and could have easily done, they should have given it the same fuel filler door that they put on the Challenger.  I suppose the other way of looking at it is that the fuel filler door they chose instead is a throwback to the first gen Charger.  :ahum:

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Ghoste

I hear you and I didn't really want to get into another bashing of the new Charger.  I'm frequently one of the worst for doing that but I wanted to give Dodge props for trying to improve it (in my biased opinion) but wondering if that one more detail couldn't have been added?

mpdlawdog

I like it but it does need the classic gas cap....I would love to see what they did with the front grill!!!

I just looked at the pic and I am totally dispointed....change that dam grill and make it look like a charger!!  I will never own one.  Too bad the couldnt have done it in a 2door
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Ghoste on March 24, 2011, 12:14:07 PM
Looking at the latest version of the four door Charger I have admitted that the retro touches they gave the car were a big improvement in my opinion. 

Same here.........

....but that aint saying much.
I am Dr. Remulac

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ghoste on March 24, 2011, 12:14:07 PM
Looking at the latest version of the four door Charger I have admitted that the retro touches they gave the car were a big improvement in my opinion.  However there is one touch I think they missed and could have easily done, they should have given it the same fuel filler door that they put on the Challenger.  I suppose the other way of looking at it is that the fuel filler door they chose instead is a throwback to the first gen Charger.  :ahum:

I agree 100%. I thought they exact same thing when I first saw the new Chargers. It wouldn't take very much considering they are making the item already for the Challenger.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Khyron

they also need to weld those 2 back doors up before I give an inch from my hate for the thing.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

LeeBoy

Quote from: Khyron on March 24, 2011, 05:05:02 PM
they also need to weld those 2 back doors up before I give an inch from my hate for the thing.
:iagree:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

terrible one

I just can't stand the fact that they added the retro body lines and touches, even the rear lights/ tail panel but just HAD to leave that POS grill. THEN a few months later announced that starting in 2012 they're doing away with the crosshair grill.  :shruggy: :slap:

DustinSimmonds

Quote from: terrible one on March 24, 2011, 07:17:09 PM
I just can't stand the fact that they added the retro body lines and touches, even the rear lights/ tail panel but just HAD to leave that POS grill. THEN a few months later announced that starting in 2012 they're doing away with the crosshair grill.  :shruggy: :slap:
Well maybe they will change the grille for the 2012 or 2013 models. I have to agree with Ghoste, The new touches are a world of improvement! In my opinion, this is a car that does deserve the Charger title. I would like to see some things changed like the gas cap and grille, but hey something to hope for from the new model!  :2thumbs:

UH60L

I think they were too far along in production to change the grill on the 2011 model when the decision was made.  Thus I think the 2012.5 or 2013 will look better, grill wise.  I hope, and have given Dodge my opinion, that they consider a retro inspired full width "charger" grill, to include flattening out the top of the fenders/hood, so it stops looking like a ram truck finally.

I love what they did with the challenger grill, but could you imagine how cool a retro styled full width grill would look on on the 2011 sedan , maybe even with hidden headlights?

I agree with the OP, that a retro gas cap (like the second gen charger had) would be great too, and not that hard to change in the big picture.  I also agree that the 2011 is a HUGE step in the right direction for this car.  The next step is now the one I'm interested in......

That said, there will only ever be ONE "second generation" of dodge chargers, and it was from 1968 to 1970.  I have read on other sites (and maybe this one too) people talking about the 2011 second gen... Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.   People refering to the 2011 sedan as a "second gen charger" is kinda like refering to "ice ice baby" (1989) as an original song (IE, Queen, "under pressure" 1981).

Happy Friday and good weekend to all.  Drive-em if you got-em.   :icon_smile_cool: