News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

06 daytona

Started by charger96, March 21, 2011, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger96

looking at buying a daytona 06. just getting a few things checked . feels like there is something loose in front suspension. any idea's or things to be aware of? thanks

ITSA426

The LX body cars have problems with tie rod ends, but I've not seen it on the Daytona.  I've got almost 60,000 miles on my Daytona and all is still tight.  I don't know anyone with a Daytona that has replaced them but that's probably coincidence.  We've replaced them on my wife's 08 SXT and my son's 06 SXT.  I think they're great cars but this isn't the site to talk about them.  I saw a new Charger today and think it looks sharp. 

UH60L

Nothing personal OP, but asking that question here is like walking into your local church and asking which prostitute you should visit.  (IE, it may not go over well) (you may want to try chargerforums.com as they are all about the 4 door sedan, whereas this site as all about the dodge charger (no, the real one :icon_smile_wink: ))

Just a heads up, and good luck with your purchase.    :popcrn:

aussiemuscle

Quote from: UH60L on March 22, 2011, 10:36:37 PM
Nothing personal OP, but asking that question here is like walking into your local church and asking which prostitute you should visit.  (IE, it may not go over well) (you may want to try chargerforums.com as they are all about the 4 door sedan, whereas this site as all about the dodge charger (no, the real one :icon_smile_wink: ))
"Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers". Like it or not, the new charger exists and turning away new members based on your opinion is not the best way to foster a welcoming harmonious forum.

Brock Samson

General ly the guys here are pretty brutal with the new charger folks, unless it's some girl who posts her pic... that thread made me laugh,. a lot...  :smilielol: there has been some improvement, :shruggy: slowly though,..

UH60L

Quote from: aussiemuscle on March 24, 2011, 12:06:22 AM
Quote from: UH60L on March 22, 2011, 10:36:37 PM
"Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers". Like it or not, the new charger exists and turning away new members based on your opinion is not the best way to foster a welcoming harmonious forum.

Tell me one thing I wrote that isn't true.  As Brock said, people are pretty brutal.  I was attempting to inform this individual that this site is for the most part dedicated to the older chargers, specifically the pre-1974s from my experience.  I was trying to not be brutal about it.

I guess I should have been an a-hole and said "get out of this forum you big dummy!" (Fred Sanford style).  Sheesh!

As for your opinion, you have your and others have theirs.  For many of us, there hasn't been a dodge charger produced since 1974.  That's our opinion, and not even Dodge can change that.  (well, they can, the question is.....will they?  Call me crazy, but my guess is 2014 or 2015)

As I posted in several other threads, the 2011 sedan is a huge improvement, but there's that word again...."sedan"........that's not to say it isn't a nice car or fast or conveniant.  It's just having an identity crisis, like a lot of 45 year-olds!!!    :smilielol: :lol: :icon_smile_big: :rofl:

Hope that last part made you laugh.  Have a good weekend.