News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ahhhhh that Florida Sunshine

Started by 68RT4ME, March 19, 2011, 10:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RT4ME

It was an absolutely perfect day last Saturday and I couldn't resist going for a ride near the beach here in Fla.'s Treasure Coast. 78 degrees and a nice breeze. Took a few shots of my car. Though the weather is nice most of the time, I just don't get to drive it often enough.

Still haven't gotten around to changing out that dented rear valance. Oh well, maybe someday.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

4cruzin

Certainly looks and sounds like fun . . . Suppose to snow here in Michigan the end of this week.   :eek2:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RECHRGD

Nice car...nice weather.  Judging by your member name, I was expecting to see a '68R/T.
13.53 @ 105.32

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thats a hot ride!  love it!! :thumbs:

We got a 70º tease up here in NY yesterday....back down to 50º today :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

daveco

R/Tree

Ghoste

Looks great.  Where is the "Treasure Coast exactly?  I just spent the last month in various parts of Florida for work and jumped on a plane two days ago so my boss could send me to northern Michigan.  Florida was better.

charge-it

Nice Charger! I used to live in west central Florida (Inverness). I sure do miss the smooth roads and excellent weather. We lived 20 minutes from Big Daddys museum, and lots of monthly swapmeets. I'm now back in my native Maine and every single road here is trashed from the frost in the ground and we are nowhere near to driving season yet. As a matter of fact we only get two seasons up here, July and winter...I swear a move to a better climate is one of the things on my bucket list someday.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

68RT4ME

Quote from: Ghoste on March 19, 2011, 03:26:04 PM
Looks great.  Where is the "Treasure Coast exactly?  I just spent the last month in various parts of Florida for work and jumped on a plane two days ago so my boss could send me to northern Michigan.  Florida was better.

Thanks for the compliments guys. No such luck for me today. The Honey-Do list was a long one. Florida's treasure Coast is an area of Florida stretching from south of Hobe Sound through Stuart, Jensen Beach, Port Saint Lucie, Ft Pierce, Vero Beach to north of Sebastian in the north, including the counties of Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River which are on the eastern side of the state. Daytona is roughly 2 hours north of me here in Port saint Lucie by way of I-95.

It's called "Treasure Coast" because of the number of ships of that wrecked off the coast during the 17th and 18th centuries. They find treasure all the time in the waters around the area. You can drive along the ocean on Alternate A1A or U.S.1 from Jacksonville to Miami if you wanted to. Most roads around here are very smooth. Gotta take advantage while i can as it gets pretty freakin hot around here during the summer. From November through April is my favorite time for cruisin.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

G-man

Ive always liked that orange on your car. Very nice :2thumbs:

jb666

Wow those pictures are great!! The car is definitely beautiful... Good work  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

JT01

Old Greg

vancamp

Steve P.

Love your ride and our weather right now. I have done more work in my yard over the past 3-4 weeks than I think I ever have.... Man it has been beautiful.....   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

DustinSimmonds

Those are the kind of pictures that we show to the 2nd gen owners, so they can see why we love the 3rd gen!  :2thumbs:

Bob T

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on March 19, 2011, 11:29:02 PM
Those are the kind of pictures that we show to the 2nd gen owners, so they can see why we love the 3rd gen!  :2thumbs:

Fair enough, I'm slowly getting converted  :icon_smile_big:

Sharp looking car  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JohnnyBee

hemi68charger

Hey Andy..
Lookin' good....  :2thumbs:  Those times are some of the things I miss about growing up in Florida, the Sunshine and Palms... Oh yeah... You too...   :icon_smile_big:

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mikesbbody

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 19, 2011, 11:00:13 AM
Nice car...nice weather.  Judging by your member name, I was expecting to see a '68R/T.

Who need's a 68, when you have a 71  :2thumbs: nice very nice!  :coolgleamA:

68RT4ME

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 19, 2011, 11:00:13 AM

Thanks again guy's. The car is allot of fun and gets a boatload of attention. Of course theres always that one person who asks if it's a Gen Lee  :brickwall: I guess because it's orange  :shruggy:

The screen name came from when I originally signed on to the site. I wanted and was looking for a '68. I got this car back in '06 and ended up getting a '69 a year later that I'm still very slowly working on. Fact is, it's at a stand still for now. The '71 may go in order to finish the '69 but until then, I'll have my fun with it.

DustinSimmonds

I hope you can finish your '69 without having to sell your '71! My head would explode from the awesomeness of having both in my garage!  :drool5:

Dodge Don

Chris G.

AKcharger