News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Championship Game"?????

Started by Danny Gutierrez, January 04, 2006, 09:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny Gutierrez

I know I'm in the minority here, but just how does this qualify as the Championship game?  I don't remember USC or TEXAS getting here by proving themselves in a playoff!!!  No playoff means no championship!!!!  Heck, even NASCAR has a "playoff" nowadays!!  ;D
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

hemi68charger

Quote from: danny gutierrez on January 04, 2006, 09:01:09 PM
  I know I'm in the minority here, but just how does this qualify as the Championship game?  I don't remember USC or TEXAS getting here by proving themselves in a playoff!!!  No playoff means no championship!!!!  Heck, even NASCAR has a "playoff" nowadays!!  ;D

???   One thing is that both teams are the only undefeated teams....  That's a start.. The next is the so-called BCS.... Throughout college football history, there have been rankings........, Coach's, AP, etc...... Well, they now just use this to come up with a money-making machine called the Championship Game..........  1 versus 2........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Danny Gutierrez

So noboby cares?  Let's just let college football go on about it's usual business of giving us false champions without proving themselves!?!?!?!?!  Does anyone agree with me?
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: danny gutierrez on January 05, 2006, 01:27:08 AM
  So noboby cares?   Let's just let college football go on about it's usual business of giving us false champions without proving themselves!?!?!?!?!   Does anyone agree with me?

I hope not.  The bowls should go back to their traditional format.  I don't care how many split titles there are, there's too much history there to mess with it.

TeeWJay426

Quote from: Vainglory on January 05, 2006, 01:29:51 AM

I hope not.  The bowls should go back to their traditional format.  I don't care how many split titles there are, there's too much history there to mess with it.

I hope you're kidding.... there was rarely ever any clear-cut 'champion' with the previous clusterf*** of bowl games prior to this 'new' format. They can at least get a little closer to having somebody crowned as a 'champion' now, although until they adopt some sort of actual playoff format, there is still some significant subjectivity to it.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Shakey

Here I was thinkin' you folks were talking about this championship game.

http://www.tsn.ca/