News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A few pictures of my Charger

Started by terrible one, March 21, 2011, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Well, today it was 80 degrees outside so I decided to give my Charger its first bath since getting it on the road. This is probably the best it can look and even though its a beater it's looking pretty good!  :coolgleamA: Anyways, though I'd share :2thumbs:

charge69

Beautiful '68 you have all cleaned up on this beautiful day !!!!

Skyview69

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I wouldn't call that a beater man...I'd call it bad ass  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:

Patronus

R6?  Those 15" slots??
seems everyones blooming this time of year, she looks real nice!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bakerhillpins

Quote from: terrible one on March 21, 2011, 08:29:24 PM
This is probably the best it can look and even though its a beater it's looking pretty good!

Looks pretty darn sweet to me.  :2thumbs:  Some of us don't even have a Charger to take out in the sun!   :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

grdprx

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

terrible one

Patronus,

Yep, they are 15s. And it's actually a Rustoleum spray paint called "Regal Red"  :P Originally, the car was R4 red though (331 "Charger Red" in 1968)

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I really appreciate it  :cheers:

firefighter3931

Looks good & runs hard....it ain't a beater, it's a Hot Rod ! :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikesbbody

That's no Beater! lookin' good!  :2thumbs:

greenpigs

Nice to see it has a hood. :icon_smile_big:

Not much left but drive it, now the fun begins.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Hemidog

Kern Dog

I see a decent looking old school car. I'll bet its fun to drive, huh?
You call it a beater.  Sometimes a man can have more fun with his car when it ISNT perfect. You can drive it in the rain and not freak out. You get a door ding and still have a nice day. Enjoy!

472 R/T SE

Are those the wheels you were polishing on?  The "Dodge" script looks killer.   :2thumbs:

You've done a nice job turning it into a looker, you should be proud!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Skyview69

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 23, 2011, 12:41:37 AM
Are those the wheels you were polishing on?  The "Dodge" script looks killer.   :2thumbs:

How did you polish those wheels?  I need to polish mine!

terrible one

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on March 22, 2011, 01:53:07 AM
I see a decent looking old school car. I'll bet its fun to drive, huh?
You call it a beater.  Sometimes a man can have more fun with his car when it ISNT perfect. You can drive it in the rain and not freak out. You get a door ding and still have a nice day. Enjoy!

Thanks man, damn right it's fun lol. And I totally agree with you. After working around freshly restored and in progress cars and having to be so tedious and careful it's great to come home to my own car and be able to lean over the fender, set tools on the inner fender, etc. It IS fun having a car that's not perfect, but being a college student I had no choice and I'm just lucky to have one on the road.

Are those the wheels you were polishing on?  The "Dodge" script looks killer.   :2thumbs:

You've done a nice job turning it into a looker, you should be proud!

Thanks and yep, they sure are! They didn't even hit the road but just sitting had them a bit dull compared to when I first polished them up. I cleaned them up good in this picture but they aren't as shiny as I'd like, so it's time for another round of polishing sometime. As far as the Dodge logo, that's one of my favorite little touches. Sadly, they are stickers and don't look good up close since they have a clear portion around the lettering if that makes sense. I'd like to find someone to cut a nice pair in vinyl so that they will actually last and look good but that's on down the list  :coolgleamA:

terrible one

Quote from: Skyview69 on March 23, 2011, 11:50:13 AM
Are those the wheels you were polishing on?  The "Dodge" script looks killer.   :2thumbs:

How did you polish those wheels?  I need to polish mine!

Hey bud,

Here's the thread I did when I polished up the back ones: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22768.0.html

Not sure if it mentions it in the thread but the basic procedure is to clean the crap out of them with some simple green and a scotch brite or a stiff bristled brush, whatever. I actually remember using this stuff called Wesley's bleach white that a friend had and it worked really well for the initial cleaning. Anyways, then the time consuming part begins. Start with a coarse sandpaper depending on how bad the wheel is. If there are a lot of pits, etc. to get out start with 120 or even something coarser. Once the wheel is free of defects, you can start working your way to a finer grit, like an increment of 120-280-400-800-1200-2000. Really that's a lot of sandpaper and time but it all depends on how good you want the outcome to be.  :cheers:

HITMAN 149

hey bro....
you are WAY ahead of the scale!!! you are driving it & enjoying it!!!! im sooooo jealous!!! but also soooo happy for you bro!!!! keep up the good work!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

69 Bama R/T

The only beater I see is a rice beater. :2thumbs:

tan top

:coolgleamA:   Red 68  with slots   awesome look  :coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Back N Black

Car looks great! All the hard work is worth it in the end.  :2thumbs:

41husk

I would say it is a beater.  Infact it is so bad you should save yourself all the embarassment and just give it to me :icon_smile_big: 

honestly it looks like a very nice driver and I bet you get a lot of looks and enjoyment driving it. :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68blue

Nice car!  :2thumbs: Nothing like those warm early spring days, no bugs.

chargermike

its a cool looking charger. i like the fact that it is not another boring make it look factory car. beater no hotrod yes. love the red and the old school 5 slots. very retro. looks like a true 70s old school charger. hope you have many happy miles in it. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

Terrible, you gonna put those stripes on?.. might i suggest you find a more scenic location and shoot some pics in the morning or late PM with out the house shadow cutting across the front on the car... BTW: that engine compartment is a ting of beauty!!  :2thumbs:

terrible one

Thanks again everyone  :2thumbs: :cheers:

I'm glad I got the 70's/80's retro look across  :coolgleamA:

terrible one

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 27, 2011, 01:39:38 PM
Terrible, you gonna put those stripes on?.. might i suggest you find a more scenic location and shoot some pics in the morning or late PM with out the house shadow cutting across the front on the car... BTW: that engine compartment is a ting of beauty!!  :2thumbs:

Thanks Dave! Now the hard part is keeping it that clean. I'll definitely try to get some shots at a better location, theres a beautiful spot called Coronado Heights about 20 minutes down the road from me that I'll have to get to. Sadly we're back in the 30's with some snow today  :rotz:

As far as the stripes, it's cool that you remembered, from my old signature. I'd really like to put them on, but now that I'm at this rental and don't have my old spot back home spraypainting the car here would be a big hassle, and with the Kansas wind it truly is hard to find a good window to spraypaint outside in. I'm still a big fan and still save any picture of that paint scheme I can. Maybe when I've got my own place again I'll paint them on. I really think it'll look good  :yesnod:

troy.70R/T

Nice car. Not a beater in my opinion. LOVE THE SLOTTED MAGS.  :2thumbs:

madmike

Terrible One:

Your car looks good!  I have a car similar to yours, condition wise.  It ain't perfect (and maybe I can't afford to make it perfect), but it looks good!  And, I definitely plan on driving mine, when I finish assembling it.  I see you posted various questions in electrical, and I'm doing similar work in that area as well.

Smoke'em till the wheels fall off!
Mike

71ChallengeHer

The Charger is looking really good. You should be very proud of all the hard workk you put it to it. :2thumbs:

Skyview69

Quote from: terrible one on March 23, 2011, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: Skyview69 on March 23, 2011, 11:50:13 AM

How did you polish those wheels?  I need to polish mine!

Hey bud,

Here's the thread I did when I polished up the back ones: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22768.0.html

Not sure if it mentions it in the thread but the basic procedure is to clean the crap out of them with some simple green and a scotch brite or a stiff bristled brush, whatever. I actually remember using this stuff called Wesley's bleach white that a friend had and it worked really well for the initial cleaning. Anyways, then the time consuming part begins. Start with a coarse sandpaper depending on how bad the wheel is. If there are a lot of pits, etc. to get out start with 120 or even something coarser. Once the wheel is free of defects, you can start working your way to a finer grit, like an increment of 120-280-400-800-1200-2000. Really that's a lot of sandpaper and time but it all depends on how good you want the outcome to be.  :cheers:

Thanks for the tips man.   I have two chargers both with slots...that's gonna be 80 hours of polishing or so....damn   :brickwall:  If I get them to look as good as yours it will be worth it  :2thumbs:

Mopar440+6

Looks great TO! After 4 years you're driving your Charger and mine is still sitting in the shed with no quarter panels. I'd say you're doing alright...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

terrible one

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on March 28, 2011, 08:09:45 PM
Looks great TO! After 4 years you're driving your Charger and mine is still sitting in the shed with no quarter panels. I'd say you're doing alright...

Hey bud, thanks!  :cheers: Man long time no talk huh? Hard to believe it's been that long since we were first chattin' and I was just dreamin' about it being at this stage  :yesnod: Thanks for the kind words and at least you've still got a Charger, right?  :2thumbs: