News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner paint

Started by Dukeboy, February 28, 2011, 03:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukeboy

Has anyone ever attempted to use Herbs new interior paint on a headliner? I would love to replace mine, but not sure if I should try. The color seems right (saddle). Any feedback would help.

Neal

twodko

Hey Neal,

I dunno about spray painting any headliner with any kinda paint. Headliners are fairly cheap and if you can get one in the color you need beats trying to paint the one you have. I had my HL installed by a pro when I had the seats done but plenty of members have installed their own. Run a search on HL's here for info on DYI. Good luck and let us know how you did.  :cheers:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dukeboy

I actually have a headliner to install that came with the seats I bought, but I'm not sure if I can install a new one and get it to look right. Trying to save money too. Still thinking about it.

Neal

68coronetGLwannabe

I just recently painted the interior of my 4 door fury. Painted everything but the seats. Bought a quart of a special interior paint from NAPA, it has a flex agent in it. Mixed it like normal paint and sprayed it on. I went from green to tan and you would never know the interior was ever green.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

doctor4766

Yeah I've used vinyl dye in the past on an old Falcon headliner and it worked very well and lasted for many years. Still looked good when I sold the car too so I wouldn't be afraid to use it Dukeboy.
It's not an easy task to fit a new headliner so give the dye a shot before you go to the trouble of removing the front and rear glass. That in itself may lead to more expense and dramas than you bargain for.
I had someone fit my Charger headliner for me before I fitted the glass and even then it looked a pain. You can always fit the new one if you ever need to have the glass out of the car.
Gotta love a '69

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

CornDogsCharger

My friend recently used Herbs vinyl dye on his headliner and loved it.  He said it matched perfectly to the original color and went on well.  I haven't personally tried it yet though.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee