News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-67 Charger spoiler

Started by rcharvip, March 12, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcharvip

Was the hemi spoiler ever offered on the 66-67 Chargers as a factory option or were they only available through the parts department? Thanks

Ghoste

67 Hemi Charger.  Some sources say they all came in the trunk for the dealers to install.  There are photos of them being installed on the line but they are all Chrysler supplied photos reported by some to be staged in order to convince NASCAR that it was a production item.

A383Wing

66 Hemi Charger also..but only 8 of them....and the center section only

$24.95 over the parts counter in 67...

I have a few reproductions left

Bryan

rcharvip

Were the ones installed at the factory black or body color?

A383Wing

only black if car was black....otherwise, body color

Ghoste

In other words, all body color.  Bryan, do you have any documentation on those 66 cars?  All of my info on the spoiler begins well iinto the 67 model year.

dodgeboy67

i see that classic industries sells it now too

A383Wing

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on March 16, 2011, 05:20:23 PM
i see that classic industries sells it now too

I would like to see a link on that...there are only 2 people selling these...and they ain't one of them

A383Wing

OK..just talked to Bob...he sold them 3 at once with a small discount....basically those are our spoilers he is selling....they ain't making them

Bryan

bull

Wow, the 1967 price is a lot more attractive than the 2011 price. :o

A383Wing

Quote from: bull on March 18, 2011, 09:32:26 AM
Wow, the 1967 price is a lot more attractive than the 2011 price. :o

yea...and in the 70's...rear tail light lenses were $30 per side....now they are about $500 a set

Ghoste

The Hemi part of the package has increased a little too.  :D