News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disk brakes

Started by MORFF, March 16, 2011, 07:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130493458588&fromMakeTrack=true
ebay item numer 130493458588

Hey guys saw this on ebay like it drilled and sloted brakes I was going to get this set up nice price want your guys oppion. I have 4 piston orginal brake set up bendix  for my 69 charger but everything has to be restored cost more to restore them than this brake kit. Do you guys think this set will work with my car thanks. Was going to go with these up front and stock drum in back.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

lexxman

I think I would stay with your 4 piston calipers. If there original parts?Those calipers look like standard dodge the same is what I got for mine.My 69 had drum all around,but the last owner took the front brake from a 79 la baron.

resq302

You probably would have better stopping ability with the factory Bendix set up.  I have that on my car and would not change it for anything!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

MORFF

OK THANKS FOR INPUT YOU GUYS KNOW GOOD PLACE TO REPLACE EVERYTHING WITH MY CURRENT BENDIX 4 PISTON BRAKE SET UP? THANKS AGAIN
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

do a search on here.  I think calipersonline.com rebuilds them as well as a bunch of other places.  Booster Dewey rebuilds the brake booster nicely.  Master cylinders can be resleeved and rebuilt as well by a bunch of different places.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

lexxman

You may want to check with NAPA..just for the hell of it one day I asked if they could still get parts.And they have listing and availability on stuff like that.