News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tall Drivers

Started by RamZCharger, March 15, 2011, 02:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamZCharger

I am 6'4" and looking at options to better . . . fit in my 68 Charger.  Basically a lowered seat, and lengthened seat track, and possibly a tilt column.  I have heard the Corbeau GTS II seats sit about 2" lower than stock, can anyone confirm this?  Are there any proven modifications for us taller drivers.  Very much appreciate any guidance.   :cheers:

ACUDANUT

I'm the same height. No problem's driving my 70 Charger 4-speed. However, my seats foam is original '68. :shruggy:

RamZCharger

Sitting in a 68 with a recently re-upholstered passenger seat my head was on the roof.  I'm sure the foam and springs will settle some, but I'm looking for a little more comfort.  Driving around in my worn seats I was a tight fit, have to believe I'm not the first to run into this issue.

For my 65 Mustang I built rails to move my seat back about 7 inches, now if you're under 6 foot you cannot reach the pedals.  I'd like to do something a little more elegant on the Charger.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

WHITE AND RED 69

I have the GTS II seats and I dont think its 2 inches lower. I'm 6'1" and my head is close to the headliner, but its got a bit better now that my seats are broken in. When they were new they had no give to them. Corbeau can cut down their seat brackets to make it lower if you want.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

RamZCharger

Thanks for the response White and Red.  Do you by chance have a picture of your brackets or estimate how much of a drop would be possible?  I called Corbeau and they basically told me I would have to find a fabricator to modify their brackets, and advised I could probably only drop them 1.5".  This seems conservative . . . 

Anyone else?

ChargerST

Check under your seat tracks for spacers. Some cars came with them others didn't. My car doesn't have these round spacers and have no problem fitting in the car (I'm 6'2").

Check for these spacers and remove them: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-70-Mopar-Roadrunner-Charger-Super-bee-Seat-Spacer-/110659778920?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c3d63968

twodko

Our 69 had 1" spacers under both seat tracks. I'm 6"1", after my seats were done I was dusting the headliner too. Pulled the spacers out, the new foam has settled and I have a good inch to spare now.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!