News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Friend's '70 resto

Started by TeeWJay426, January 04, 2006, 12:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeWJay426

A good friend of mine is nearing completion of what has turned out to be a 12+ year odyssey..... due to multiple factors. Thought I'd share a few of the 'almost there' pics; they really don't do the incredible bodywork justice, and he's still missing a few detail items, the most obvious the front bumper which is still at the platers, but I'm in awe of how it has turned out (not to mention a little jealous....)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Blown70

TeeWJay426

Some more- a little background on the car; it is a '70 R/T, with the matching numbers drivetrain, and done in the original color scheme; he added many options along the way, basically making it the car he would have ordered new, if he had been able to.

694spdRT

Very nice car!

Is it a 440 4bbl automatic?

Edit: I see you posted more pics.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger_Fan

Wow, a sunroof car to boot! :thumbs:

Looks like a real beauty for sure.
I don't know if I've ever seen a grille on a 70 without the bumper before. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TeeWJay426

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 12:46:20 PM

It's not an original sunroof car- that's one of the options he added! Bought two complete Charger roofs with sunroofs to make this one!

tomonty

:drool5:  Dang...that looks awesome
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DC_1

Looks great!......is that all factory?.......I mean it has sunroof, J81 spoiler, A/C, only thing missing is a 6 pack or hemi!

Blown70

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on January 04, 2006, 12:48:49 PM

It's not an original sunroof car- that's one of the options he added! Bought two complete Charger roofs with sunroofs to make this one!

Sydmoe from above.

Tom

Charger_Fan

Oh, I see. Well that's just fine by me, he built it for HIM & that's what counts. :yesnod:
Looking at those other pics...he really did a top notch job on it!

Is he much on an internet gabber like us? ;D And is he gonna register that baby on the '70 site?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

DC_1

guess i should read all the post first.... ::)

DC_1

Is that console custom?.....I have never seen anything like that before.

TeeWJay426

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 01:16:41 PM

Is he much on an internet gabber like us? ;D And is he gonna register that baby on the '70 site?

To my knowledge, he isn't registered on any forums. Doesn't even have a computer at home.

Quote from: Sydmoe on January 04, 2006, 01:21:23 PM
Is that console custom?.....I have never seen anything like that before.

It is a custom console to house the stereo, and is completely removable for shows- just has to tuck his electrical connection plug up under the dash. And he claims he WILL drive it.... he will probably have to, since he has neither a truck nor a trailer, and no funds left to purchase either because of the resto!

70charginglizard

and no funds left to purchase either because of the resto!

That sounds familiar....lol
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on January 04, 2006, 01:29:59 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 01:16:41 PM

To my knowledge, he isn't registered on any forums. Doesn't even have a computer at home.

No wonder that resto took so long! :icon_smile_big:       J/K
Do you think he'd let you e-mail the info for his car to the registry site?

TeeWJay426

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 02:40:40 PM

I will ask!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on January 04, 2006, 02:49:50 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 02:40:40 PM

I will ask!
Thanks Man, I know Chris & Don would sure like to add it to the pile.
I'm sorta surprised one of them hasn't replied here yet. :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

That is a beautiful car! :2thumbs: Once he get the front bumper one, you gotta post more pics!   :yesnod:

I like his idea of the removable console and stereo.  :thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Spike

Tell your friend his Charger looks awesome :2thumbs: Great job on making a car with the options he wanted.

Chris G.

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 03:07:56 PM
Thanks Man, I know Chris & Don would sure like to add it to the pile.
I'm sorta surprised one of them hasn't replied here yet. :icon_smile_big:

Dang CF, a brotha's gotta work sometimes, but thanks for mentioning us.   :P   :thumbs:

That is one gorgeous car!   :drool5: I'm actually shocked he didn't opt for the hood treatment. That's probably the only thing he decided against. Look forward to more pics and hopefully he will register.   :yesnod:

Blakcharger440

Its refreshing and cool to hear of another Charger owner that is not afraid to add an option. I added A/C to my 70 Charger RT 440 4spd car cause I wanted A/C
Mine is not a numbers matching car anyway...Still looking for the matching engine.
And yeah I know you couldnt have A/C with a RT 4spd car but mine has it now! Kudos!

viper r/t

Nupe

WOW!   Gorgeous car!

I love the removable stereo idea too.     :icon_smile_cool:

'79 Lil'Red Express.