News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Small paint problems

Started by 67440chrg, March 10, 2011, 09:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

My car has a 20 year old paint job on it. It has 2 or 3 places where the paint has gotten chipped and messed up the largest is on top and about the size of a pencil eraser. It has ben kept inside and looks great from even 10 feet if you dont know where to look. It needs no body work . I cant aford to have a new paint job put on it and with small kids at home (some of the paint problems) it will be a will until I can. Can a body shop touch up and referbish a old paint job or is it risking haveing what I have look worst.  Thanks

pipeliner

The size of a pencil eraser :smilielol:. Just touch up yourself and drive the wheels off of it.

67440chrg

Ya but I guess I need to have a body scan the color and make the touch up paint I am a pretty decent shade tree mech but other than rattle can I am no painter. It is not a factory color. It has a lot of metal flake in it. It may be too much to hope for to have it look like it did years ago without repainting the whole thing.

elitecustombody

It will be very tough for any painter to match and  spot paint a very small spot with heavy metallic paint, I would try to scan and match the paint as close as possible and just touch up the chips instead of spraying,then just do some buffing with light compound if it's single stage paint, but if it's base/clear, buff it a little more for high gloss. :Twocents: 

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

67440chrg

Thanks it is clear coated. I will have it scaned and try my luck at it.