News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SV1 Carb looks awsome!

Started by Wicked72, June 09, 2011, 08:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

I have been putting together my parts list for my build and ran into the SV1 while trying to find a good blowthru. This things looks so awsome and the youtube vids are impressive.
http://www.prosystemsracing.com/svseries.html
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

RallyeMike

Wow. I had not heard of these. Looks .....   violent.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

frederick

Wonder what the fuel distribution would be like at anything less than WOT.

Ghoste

Wonder also what throttle response would be like?  That sure is a wild looking thing!

drifter69

Looks mean. What is the price range on these. Do you think they will hang around longer than Demon did? I have also never heard of them. I do not race, so mabey I am the weird one. Looks cool anyway. :shruggy:

morepower

Well throttle response would be better. The NHRA top fuel and funny car have used a 3 blade injector bonnet, and some use a single blade. One is for better top end (3 blade) and one is for better take off and reaction time (single blade) so I think it would be a very responsive carburetor, it looks cool. and you wouldnt be able to run a dual plane.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

Ghoste

I guess I look at that big hole and figure it would need to move a lot of air very quickly in order to have any kind of throttle repsonse.  Like sticking a 650 or an 850 Holley on a 383. :shruggy:

morepower

Yeah I could be wrong. But an 850 also has bigger fuel jets than the 650. Maybe someone with more experience on this issue can chime in. Most of the new car intakes have one single butterfly. But they also do not have gas going thru it. It's really hard to say how it'd be. I was just going off of what I heard John Medlen say.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

Ghoste

I'm certainly not the expert either.  I was just thinking along the lines of fluid dynamics but there is most likely more to it than my extremely limited knowledge of that field.  This carb also alledges to its being designed around the venturi first so I'm sure they have taken all of that into account.

HPP

If you really want to be different, why not use a Predator carb. Variable venturi design that flows what the engine demands. Been around a long time too. Can't vouche for their performance or use though.

http://www.predatorcarb.com/home.html

morepower

Some people love those predator carbs and some are like eh didnt work the way i thought it would. its tough because you dont know if the one that didnt work the way it was supposed too was used and incomplete or whatever. and the ones that worked good...did they work better than a stock carb? or over an HP holley 4150? its really tough. I stick to the holley deisgn carb's. I know them. They work. They make power. They suck fuel. I love them. haha.

HPP

Yeah, the predators seem to be a love/hate relationship. I've always been curious about trying one, but not brave enough to fork over the $500+ to try one out.

Ghoste

For some reason I thought Predator was no longer around.  Didn't Ford or someone try the variable venturi thing on an oem carb?

Wicked72

Ghoste

Interesting.  There are a few other vids of SV1's in action there that I checked out as well.  Good link.

Cooter

For $1200.00, the SOB better damn sure work.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Wicked72