News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did anyone watch Letterman last night? (Tues, 3 Jan)

Started by Afflyer, January 04, 2006, 10:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

This will come to no surprise to many of you, but if I'm not flying my regular night missions, I'm sitting at home at 7PM, watching the "Factor" on FOX news channel each night I can.   Last night, Mr. O said that he just wrapped up an appearance on "Late Night with David Letterman".   He said, with slight restraint, that we shoudn't miss the show that would air later in the night- and to make sure you "tape the show, use your Tivo, DVR, or whatever you have- as it's one not to miss."  

I'm not one who watches Letterman- I might catch him once or twice a month at best.   I don't feel his show is funny, such as his opening monologes, attempts at humourous skits and the like.   Last night was no exception.   Whathehell was hilarious about a dude running around as if he were on fire- but he couldn't be, because the show "couldn't get a permit"?   ??? And the stupid bit about the damn cat diailing 911.   :image_294343:   Weak.   I did think the skit with the blonde who had to smoke a forbidden cigarrette was pretty funny though.   At least her reaction to taking a first hit after saying she was giving up the tobacco was "reallllly good" was worth a laugh.   :lol:

Anyway, on to my point.   Before Bill O'Reilly stepped out on the stage, Letterman took his little stabs at him with his quips as if they were a makeshift shiv.   And the crowd, clearly on his side of the fence, loved it.   :rotz:

But wait, this was just the beginning. When returning from a commercial break and just seconds before Mr. O came out, my wife and I witnessed something exceptionally disrespectful by Letterman- and with full intentions of "getting one over on him".   Letterman took the eraser end of a pencil and stirred his guest's cup of coffee as if it were a swizzle stick.   Did you catch that smug, shit-eatin' grin on his face when he did that?   :icon_smile_evil:

From the moment Bill O'Reilly walked onto the set, tension could be seen on Letterman.   He was clearly not comfortable having O'Reilly in the seat next to his desk.   Almost from the beginning, Letterman was disrespectfull, discracefull and a downright smug prat from the Left.   Everything from discounting O'Reilly's concern over the loss of Christmas traditions by the secular progressives in this country, fully supporting the blasphemous remarks of "Freedom Fighters" by Cindy Sheehan, to saying that 60% of whatever O'Reilly says on the "Factor" is CRAP- when Letterman's never even WATCHED the show...I was appalled by the behavior displayed by Letterman.   My wife, Monique, who- I might add- is a Democrat, was also appalled by Letterman, saying- "I'm ashamed to associate myself with the likes of people like Letterman- he was totally disrespectful to O'Reilly- especially with his "swizzle stick" prank- that's just WRONG."   And to top it all off; O'Reilly picked up the previously mentioned coffee cup to wet his whistle, asking "Is this mine"?   The look on Letterman's smug face and the crowd's cheering- my mouth hit the floor.  

Now folks, I must say, regarding the interview with Bill O'Reilly- I was quite shocked and taken aback by the whole thing.   I honestly thought that there would be good humoured banter between the two and laughs shared by everyone all around- a bit of edgy, sharp quips tossed about between the two.   I expected just that.   What I saw was something very different.

This was just meanness.   And quite frankly I'm surprised O'Reilly didn't walk off the stage.   Thank God he didn't (and he wouldn't or couldn't back down from fighting the good fight).  

My respect for Letterman has slipped over the past several years.   After last night, my respect for him has reached an all time low- save for the only thing he and I have in common; we are both from Indiana and that his Alma Mater is my hometown college of Ball State University, in Muncie.

I can't wait to watch the "Factor" tonight to see what is said about the so-called "interview" by Letterman, last night.   It was more like a pie-throwing bout by Letterman.

Hell- even Bill O'Reilly said it himself; "I respect your opinion- PLEASE respect mine."

The look on Letterman's face said- F$%K YOU O'RIELLY!

:nono: on you David Letterman.   Shame on you.

Now- bring on the rebuttles.   C'mon TK and company.   Let's talk.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TK73

That was actually WAY too long for me to read... can I get the "cliff notes" version?  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

my73charger

Laying all politics asside I gotta say that David Letterman sucks.   I have never been able to figure out how his show stays on the air.   He is not funny, and looks really stupid trying to be funny.   Plus, I cannot stand looking at him...everytime I see that gap in his teeth I get the urge to kick a field goal.

It doesn't surprise me that had had yet another classless show.

Afflyer

Quote from: TK73 on January 04, 2006, 10:56:29 AM
That was actually WAY too long for me to read... can I get the "cliff notes" version?   :icon_smile_big:

:laugh: Sorry TK- I got on a roll.  Wow...it is a bit long huh?!   :laugh:

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

RD

afflyer,

your points are very good.  the stuff letterman did should not have been done.  I do not think one's political viewpoints will discount common courtesy as which was NOT displayed by letterman last night.

anywhoo... i like late late night with craig ferguson anyways.  he is one funny scottish feller!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TK73

Quote from: my73charger on January 04, 2006, 11:19:36 AM
Laying all politics asside I gotta say that David Letterman sucks.  I have never been able to figure out how his show stays on the air.  He is not funny, and looks really stupid trying to be funny.  Plus, I cannot stand looking at him...everytime I see that gap in his teeth I get the urge to kick a field goal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TK73

OK, I read the whole damn thing.  I don't like letterman, no opinion on the whole issue.

I did look up this "secular progressive" thing.  Even checked out the dictionary meanings of both words. 
I like it, where do I sign up?  Can I get one of those "agenda" outlines somewhere??

I am learning so much from you guys on this board...  :icon_smile_big:

Afflyer

Too bad you didn't see it TK.  I think even you might have felt ashamed at Letterman and his parent company, CBS.

Hell- I'll go out on a limb here and say that you might have even felt a bit of sympathy towards O'Reilly! 

Or am I going out too far on that limb?  ;)

Bradley  :patriot:

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Orange_Crush

Quote from: TK73 on January 04, 2006, 11:57:17 AM
OK, I read the whole damn thing.   I don't like letterman, no opinion on the whole issue.

I did look up this "secular progressive" thing.   Even checked out the dictionary meanings of both words.  
I like it, where do I sign up?   Can I get one of those "agenda" outlines somewhere??

I am learning so much from you guys on this board...   :icon_smile_big:

Welcome TK to our secular progressive club TK.   I'll PM you about getting you fitted for your jacket.   I'll also email you a copy of our meeting schedule where we discuss our progress.   

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

RD

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 04, 2006, 12:09:34 PM
OK, I read the whole damn thing.   I don't like letterman, no opinion on the whole issue.

I did look up this "secular progressive" thing.   Even checked out the dictionary meanings of both words.  
I like it, where do I sign up?   Can I get one of those "agenda" outlines somewhere??

Welcome TK to our secular progressive club TK.   I'll PM you about getting you fitted for your jacket.   I'll also email you a copy of our meeting schedule where we discuss our progress.   

well, though I am pretty liberal with my train of thought, I still cannot jump on the secular progressive bandwagon.  I believe in God :D oh darn! NOT
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Orange_Crush

Quote from: RD on January 04, 2006, 12:29:03 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 04, 2006, 12:09:34 PM

well, though I am pretty liberal with my train of thought, I still cannot jump on the secular progressive bandwagon.   I believe in God :D oh darn! NOT

Ahhh, but you see...that's where we get really insidious.  Most of us ARE Christians.  We also have Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Agnostics, and Atheists...but we all unite for one common subversive cause...we unite under the banner of progressiveness.  Secular only means that we believe that religion has no place in matters of government...isn't that EVIIIIL!?!?!

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Telvis

Just add Letterman to the growing list of out of touch Hollywood types that I can't stand.  :rotz:

Lowprofile

Thank God Carson Chose Leno to replace him. :2thumbs: Letterman has always been a sanctimonious SOB. :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

my73charger

Quote from: Telvis on January 04, 2006, 01:09:35 PM
Just add Letterman to the growing list of out of touch Hollywood types that I can't stand.   :rotz:

:iagree:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 04, 2006, 01:35:33 PM
Thank God Carson Chose Leno to replace him. :2thumbs: Letterman has always been a sanctimonious SOB. :yesnod:

actually he didnt. Carson liked Dave and wanted him to take over the Tonight Show, but he chose to stay out of it since he was tired of the whole thing and was retiring anyway. Leno landed the job because of some machiavellian maneuvering by his manager.

Just so happens i'm reading "The Late Shift" right now. It tells the story of how all that stuff went down between Letterman, Leno, Carson and the networks. Its a pretty entertaining read. They made a TV Movie about it a few years back (which ive seen a few times), but I finally got around to reading the book when I found it at a thrift store the other day.

I didn't watch the Letterman show last night with O'Reilly, so I cant opine on what went down. Sounds like O'Reilly got a taste of his own medicine though - at least from the few times I've watched his show.

Truth be told, I can't stand either one of them. Liberal, Conservative or in between, an asshole is an asshole. And that's what those two are.  
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TK73

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 04, 2006, 01:03:25 PM

Ahhh, but you see...that's where we get really insidious.  Most of us ARE Christians.  We also have Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Agnostics, and Atheists...but we all unite for one common subversive cause...we unite under the banner of progressiveness.  Secular only means that we believe that religion has no place in matters of government...isn't that EVIIIIL!?!?!

Ah, so normally I would post the dictionary definition of a word, or words, such as this:

sec ·u ·lar   Audio pronunciation of "secular" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (sky-lr)
adj.

1. Worldly rather than spiritual.
   2. Not specifically relating to religion or to a religious body: secular music.
  3. Relating to or advocating secularism.
   4. Not bound by monastic restrictions, especially not belonging to a religious order. Used of the clergy.
   5. Occurring or observed once in an age or century.
   6. Lasting from century to century.

n.

1. A member of the secular clergy.
   2. A layperson.

The American Heritage ® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright  © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

sec ·u ·lar ·ism   Audio pronunciation of "secularism" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (sky-l-rzm)
n.

1. Religious skepticism or indifference.
   2. The view that religious considerations should be excluded from civil affairs or public education.

The American Heritage ® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright  © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

HOWEVER, as I am so often reminded on this site, the defnitions in the dictionaries are actually not what the true meaning is OR have been co-opted by Liberals to subvert the innocent god-fearing masses...  :icon_smile_evil:

TK73

[PM you about getting you fitted for your jacket.  I'll also email you a copy of our meeting schedule where we discuss our progress. 

For the record; I prefer Buddhism... tastes GREAT, less filling.  :icon_smile_big:

Orange_Crush

Quote2. The view that religious considerations should be excluded from civil affairs or public education.

Idn't that what I just said?

So far, you're net making a very good impression on the cabal's board members TK...

In any case, What size fez do you wear?

TK73

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 04, 2006, 03:39:23 PM
Quote2. The view that religious considerations should be excluded from civil affairs or public education.

Idn't that what I just said?

Eggzactly   :icon_smile_big:

4402tuff4u

I was watching the inside of my eye lids! Too late for me.  :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

RD

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote from: TK73 on January 04, 2006, 03:31:55 PM
HOWEVER, as I am so often reminded on this site, the defnitions in the dictionaries are actually not what the true meaning is OR have been co-opted by Liberals to subvert the innocent god-fearing masses...   :icon_smile_evil:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :lolexplode: :lolexplode: :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

you guys are killing me!

Big Lebowski

Quote from: my73charger on January 04, 2006, 01:41:29 PM
Quote from: Telvis on January 04, 2006, 01:09:35 PM
Just add Letterman to the growing list of out of touch Hollywood types that I can't stand.   :rotz:

:iagree:

Well after all Letterman is a pinhead with the attention span of a nat. This fool wouldn't know we were at war even if he watched a nuke go off in his own backyard. Since Hollywood liberals are rooting for the evil camel sodomizers to destroy America, I hope hollywood gets nuked first.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

73-charger-383

Holy crap guys, the shows supposed to be funny.  -Letterman's a idiot, but thats what he gets paid for.  -Now were banking on Hollywood getting nuked because Letterman picked on O'Riley?? I understand it's hard not to get political  in this day and age, but really....lighten up a little.  I'm definatly not a Letterman fan, but i catch the show every once in a while....he makes fun of Everyone...  The coffee thing was probably a little over the edge, but is it really worth getting your blood pressure up over???

---you wanna really get worked up, you should see what that dick Joe Rogan does to those poor fear factor people....... (i bet he's a democrat too)

RD

Quote from: 73-charger-383 on January 04, 2006, 08:00:09 PM

---you wanna really get worked up, you should see what that dick Joe Rogan does to those poor fear factor people....... (i bet he's a democrat too)

maybe true, but at least he likes mopars! he has a killer 'cuda

TheGhost

Someone want to explain this whole Secular Progressive stuff to me?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

i dont even watch it anymore, only one I still like is conan o'brian's show, and jay leno is just lame
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger1970

I watch Letterman all the time. I totally get his goofy sense of humor. I also saw the show with O'Riley and agree with Afflyer.

It was a surprise to see what a cod-sack Letterman was towards O'Riley. And O'Riley was being polite to Letterman even as he went on being a cock.

I was just wondering, if he has so much O'Riley-hate why did he even have him on the show in the first place?
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

8WHEELER

Quote from: Charger1970 on January 06, 2006, 12:41:26 AM
I watch Letterman all the time. I totally get his goofy sense of humor. I also saw the show with O'Riley and agree with Afflyer.

It was a surprise to see what a cod-sack Letterman was towards O'Riley. And O'Riley was being polite to Letterman even as he went on being a cock.

I was just wondering, if he has so much O'Riley-hate why did he even have him on the show in the first place?

:iagree:  He had him on to do just what he did......... and try and impress his Hollywood ''friend's''    :nutkick:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Chryco Psycho

so far I have never watched a whole letterman show , I saw 10 mins once & shut it off & have never watched him since
so Why do you bother ???

Brock Samson

i can't stand letterman, he's a such a jerk and not at all funny. :rotz:
Jay Lleno's better at his delivery and interviewing but i can't sit thru an entire show anymore.
I do like Conan O'brian alot, he's actually funny...  :yesnod:
I still can't figgure why they make so much moolla,..
It's all a huge advertisment for the so-called latest "flavor of the week".
even the so-called "news" shows tout the latest release like it's earth shaking news.... It's just an ad for the networks...
Shamefull behavior from Mr. Letterman and I'm not at all suprised...
  Where's the Class?..

8WHEELER

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 06, 2006, 02:20:10 AM
so far I have never watched a whole letterman show , I saw 10 mins once & shut it off & have never watched him since
so Why do you bother ???

I did like him the first 8-10yrs he was on, he has gone down hill ever since if you ask me  :shruggy:
And Leno.....two words come to mind ' BROWN AND NOSE '.........Don't watch either one of them for
more than a few minutes anymore.

Dan

ChargerBill

Letterman is like a Dancing Monkey. His Hollywood lib friends want him to be their little clown beeotch, and he has played into the role really well. He had Orielly on just to entertain his friends, not to engage in intellectual discourse or show civility, but to be a smug jerk for all to see. Ask yourself how many times you have seen civility in a situation like this...I expect that you can count the times on one hand...maybe a few fingers. Anytime you are invited to debate your views on a topic be very cautious..it's usually a set up. When i went to UC Davis they invited people like Limbaugh and Armstrong Williams, etc... just to belittle them. The two times I went and saw political debates it was like watching monkeys throw poop at their conservative counterparts...pathetic. I think Oreilly KNEW what to expect, but look what happened, even Lettermans supposed supporters think he's an @$$ now, and Oreilly was the bigger man and maintained his composure. The end result is usually the same...the monkeys end up looking like idiots and the unsuspecting victim ends up looking like a pretty decent person. Lesson: Anytime you invite someone to your house to make them look like a fool expect it to backfire, because it usually does.
Life is a highway...

Mefirst

I wonder if Bill O ´Rilley still enjoyes phonesex? :D

8WHEELER

Quote from: Mefirst on January 06, 2006, 03:03:32 AM
I wonder if Bill O ´Rilley still enjoyes phonesex? :D

I enjoy most any kind of sex   :lol: :lol: :lol: :smilielol:

Dan

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

ChargerBill

Well, that last post was good for a lock...

I'm guessing that either Troy or Chris just haven't been here yet... :popcrn:
Life is a highway...

73-charger-383

What a role model..........definatley someone i look up to................

my73charger

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 06, 2006, 12:42:29 PM
Well, that last post was good for a lock...

I'm guessing that either Troy or Chris just haven't been here yet... :popcrn:

::)

do you really think people here can't handle it? besides, there isnt any profanity on there.

he could be referring to her feline mascot.

Personally, I find the scornful and acrimonious nature of some posts to be more offensive and detrimental to the board than any actual profanity that might be used casually.

ChargerBill

I wasn't "scorning"....where did you get that? Maybe you need to turn your sarcasm detector on... :icon_smile_big: As far as a feline mascot goes...the fact that you brought that up shows that you know exactly what I meant...LOL And c'mon, in context of the soap mitten, do you think ANYONE would misunderstand what he's talking about?... :icon_smile_wink:
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 06, 2006, 02:55:29 PM
I wasn't "scorning"....where did you get that? 

I didnt say YOU were being "scorning". "the fact that you brought that up shows that you know exactly what I meant...LOL"  ;D

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 06, 2006, 02:55:29 PM
  And c'mon, in context of the soap mitten, do you think ANYONE would misunderstand what he's talking about?... :icon_smile_wink:

well, the argument that someone would offer up for editing the post or locking the thread because of it is that "there are young kids reading the board". IMHO, that's precisely the sort of thing that would go right over a young kid's head.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ponch on January 06, 2006, 03:04:07 PM
MHO, that's precisely the sort of thing that would go right over a young kid's head.

Well, not anymore...thanks to us...LOL :icon_smile_big:
Life is a highway...

Mefirst

Damn, I don't get this "hush, hush" about talking about sex.. Kids today probably know more about sex at a younger age than we will ever know.. -Sex is a natural thing, so why not talk about it, kids will learn one way or another, and my opinion is that its better they learn sooner rather than later about it...

Damn, hypocrite society...

So -Yes kids who read this, you can have sex over the phone, but its not "real" its more in your imagination and many people think its fun... Then again some people who get caught having phonesex don't think that its that fun anymore, so be carefull about the when and where you do it...

:Twocents: