News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger - Long Awaited Update...

Started by 72Charger-SE, March 12, 2011, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger-SE

Satin black on back side of wheel.  Looks better in the light but I was in a hurry this morning...   :o

ACUDANUT

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 16, 2015, 09:18:36 PM
Nice low-buck improvement! I don't recognize what those are off of.

I like the wheels. They seem like new type. Are they uni-lug ?

72Charger-SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 17, 2015, 03:16:42 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on March 16, 2015, 09:18:36 PM
Nice low-buck improvement! I don't recognize what those are off of.

I like the wheels. They seem like new type. Are they uni-lug ?

Thanks ACUDANUT...  Yes, they are uni-lug.  I plan to use locktite to keep them tight (per my brother's recommendation).  I too am unsure on the type.  I looked on the wheels for any identification number or manufacturer and haven't found one?  I bought them from a guy a year or so ago.  He had already blasted them and ended up selling his project car (68 Charger).

RallyeMike

I am and admirer of low buck ingenuity. Anyone can buy a finished product out of a catalog.

Hopefully you will be able to find some center caps that fit.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

72Charger-SE

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 17, 2015, 09:03:47 PM
I am and admirer of low buck ingenuity. Anyone can buy a finished product out of a catalog.

Hopefully you will be able to find some center caps that fit.

RallyeMike..  the tires came with chrome center caps.  I plan to paint them 'car color' but I am not sure...  

Here are some more photos of tonight's efforts...  The close ups show reflections of my fingers and the camera... 

All four wheels are done..  I will be ordering some Cooper Cobra GT's later this week...  275/60/15 Rear & 245/60/15 Front

Ghoste

72Charger-SE

Ghoste

Then I would do the center caps the same color as the wheels (or black). :Twocents:

72Charger-SE

Ghoste

I'm sure no matter what you choose the car will look good of course.  I was merely giving a personal opinion.

72Charger-SE

Progress has been made on my car... the questionable repair areas have been blasted and properly repaired.  Next step paint engine compartment, interior, inside trunk and all window edges. 

72Charger-SE

Tonight I sanded, primed, painted & clear coated the center caps for the wheels.   The 245/60/R15s should be in later this week (hopefully)...   :2thumbs:

72Charger-SE

Sadly I was not able to meet up with the body work / paint person this weekend due to scheduling conflicts.  ; (

Nothing to update at this time. 

72Charger-SE

Update on Paint...  1st coat of paint is going on...   :icon_smile_big:   :2thumbs:

JB400

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

72Charger-SE

Update...  due to my wife's health we are selling our current home and are moving to a new home later this month.  Sadly the new home does not have a second garage or other building to work on the Charger at this time.  :o   

SO...   

I will have to build a new garage  :2thumbs: sometime in the next year (depending on finances) before any further updates on the Charger will happen.   I am hopeful a garage will be built sometime this year but we will see how things go. 

Moving to the one story home with main floor everything will make my wife's health issues less of a hindrance to her and is the best decision for our family.

Baldwinvette77

Awww man, i hope everything works out for you, her and the charger

VegasCharger

Well you just never know, the move may end up being a blessing in disguise.

Good luck to your wife's health and your new home :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Family has to come first. Sorry to hear this,but you are doing what you need to for your wife. I hope everything goes smoothly in the transition .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Yes, sorry about the Mrs.  They come first. Keep us updated on the new garage.  We all love a Garage of our own.  :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

Sorry to hear. Good luck with everything.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

Good choice, the needs of your family should always take precedence over a hobby.  :2thumbs:

72Charger-SE

The move to the new house is complete...  :2thumbs: The old house SOLD the day we signed the paperwork on the new house (May 21) so that is taken care of as well...  PRAISE THE LORD!  The house we bought had an unfinished basement.  Well.. NOW the basement of the new house is fully finished (we did all the work (less the plumbing of the jet tub and shower)...  SO...  I have a 28'x40' slab of concrete scheduled to be poured the week of August 16th.  I AM VERY EXCITED!!!   Reviewing quotes on the garage...  probably will end up doing that ourselves to save $...  We will see....