News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'66 Satellite, need advice

Started by Drache, March 11, 2011, 11:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Found this guy recently. It's a 1966 Plymouth Satellite which sadly when purchased was 100% original. The owner replaced the faded carpet and replaced the foam in the seats. He also swapped the front brakes to discs and added an electronic ignition. The original 273 that was under the hid disappeared to be replaced with a '71 440 out of a New Yorker.

Then the whole car was checked over for rust (car came from california) then a rust preventer or whatever was sprayed underneath, inside on the floors, and inside the trunk.

He's selling it because a friend in the US finally decided to sell him his '66 Satellite HEMI for $65,000. The guy who owns this 440 Satellite is almost obsessed with Satellites and refuses to buy a car that is even slightly rusted. In fact every car he owns (from old to new) all came from the "dry States" down in the US.

SUPPOSEDLY this car only has 57,000 original miles on it. Never winter driven nor driven out in the rain. Kept in heated garage.

Sadly the only bad thing is the original paint is on the car and has a few chips in it.  :-\

When I asked how much he would sell it for I was told a flat $9000  :brickwall:

WARNING: The pictures are huge and so I'll only post the thumbnails. If you click the thumbnail and then copy and past the direct link located on the right of the picture and then paste it into your browser you can get the full sized image which really zooms right in.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

I love them, would love to have one too :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

Cooter is building one for his son now..

Manfred318

Thats a really sharp looking car. I had a '66 Belvedere once I wish I still had it too. Ive always liked the body style of the 66-67 Belvedere/Satellite.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Cooter

Nice..Can't wait to see seat covers on the kids car now...It's been 7 years...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mikepmcs

i just hit the link and it said my computer is now infected with a trojan virus.  :'(

on another note, $9000 sounds like an ok deal.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Drache

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 12, 2011, 07:51:55 AM
i just hit the link and it said my computer is now infected with a trojan virus.  :'(

on another note, $9000 sounds like an ok deal.

Sorry mike, there shouldn't be any viruses there as they are just hosted on a well known site. I haven't gotten any warnings or viruses either.  :-\
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dpm68

Drache

I must add this quote from the seller of this Satellite when we were talking about him buying a Hemi '66 Satellite:

"$65,000 is really stupid to spend for an old car but damnit I have the money in the bank and I'm over 60 years old so Im just going to go for it and enjoy driving it!"
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

That's a pretty damn nice looking Satellite :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

clanton

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Drache

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 12, 2011, 07:21:11 PM
That's a pretty damn nice looking Satellite :yesnod:

Besides the rock chips and the two small dents it's pretty nice.  :yesnod:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Ok I need some advice guys. If I want this car Ive got 2 days to make my decision.

Simply put I've explained the car t othe best of my abilities. The only thing to add is if you look closely in the picture you can see a small crease in the quarter panel on the drivers side between the wheel well and the bumper. There is supposedly another crease just like it in the front Quarter Panel on the passenger side.

The seller won't accept a penny below $9000 for the car. So between taxes and the costs of going down to get the car and bring it back I'll be into it for about $10,500. Over my max limit of $10,000.

1966 Plymouth Satellite
Auto
NOT ORIGINAL 440
NOT ORIGINAL 727
Supposedly no rust
Original Paint (although chipped and two dents)
New brakes all around (discs in front drums in rear)

What do you guy's think?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mikesbbody

If this is the Car you REALLY want, then go for it otherwise keep saving and wait for what you want.

68X426

IF (IF!) it is as described and no issues/undisclosed problems, I think it is a killer deal for 9k. Grab it fast. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 68X426 on March 14, 2011, 11:25:03 PM
IF (IF!) it is as described and no issues/undisclosed problems, I think it is a killer deal for 9k. Grab it fast. :2thumbs:

:iagree: Where's it located?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Paul G

$9000 doesnt buy very much. That car looks to be in real good shape, but not perfect. Needs some TLC. Finishing you could do yourself. 66 Sats are not high dollar cars, never will be. I would not let it pass for that price if it was a car I really wanted. Detailed out it would make a real nice show car/cruiser.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

gtx6970

Quote from: 68X426 on March 14, 2011, 11:25:03 PM

Killer deal I'm not so sure. but IF it's as described it's a good deal even at $10,5

key word here is IF it's as described

TUFCAT

I like it a lot... (BUY IT NOW) before somebody else does!