News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone hear of this televsion deal?..............>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, January 04, 2006, 12:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of T.V. programming do you watch?

Broadcast (NBC, ABC, Fox, WB, UPN, etc.)
2 (5.9%)
Cable
15 (44.1%)
Satellite
15 (44.1%)
Tivo/DVR
1 (2.9%)
WTF is a TV?
1 (2.9%)
TV on DVD
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Johnny SixPack

Well, it's actually a poll about television watching habits.

The older I get the less I find myself watching TV, and definitely find myself being picky about what I'll actually make a point to sit down and watch.

Besides taking the poll, please feel free to post a list of watch you do watch. :2thumbs:

Here's mine:

Currently on the air-

The Office
Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica
Nip/Tuck (flame away, but Kelly Clarkson is freakin' hot!)

I catch American Chopper, Overhaulin' and Rides from time to time, but it's really hit-or-miss with some of their episodes.

Other than that I don't watch much T.V. still on T.V., as in if I like a show I'll just buy the DVDs and avoid the frackin' commercials.

Shows on DVD-

Airwolf (cheese, I know, but it's got explosions and stuff!)
Baa Baa Black Sheep (Corsairs rock!)
Battlestar Galactic (old series)
Dukes Of Hazzard (Daisy's shorts and the General sell it)
Family Guy (Stewy kills me)
Firefly (another great show killed by the morons @ Fox)
King Of Queens (a modern day, "Honeymooners")
Knight Rider (it's got a talking car in it, come on!)
M*A*S*H (well, before ol' Alan become a brooder)
Magnum PI (fear the moustache!)
Monty Python's Flying Circus (three words, Fish Slapping Dance)
South Park (respect mah authora-tie!)
The Kids In The Hall (still need the DVD, but that show rocks)
The Office (UK version)

There's other stuff in there, but that's a fair representation.

Post away!

Johnny

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

694spdRT

I like some of the network shows but, I mainly watch off the satellite channels.

Some of my favorites are the HBO mini series shows like Deadwood, Rome, Carnivale, Sopranos, and Band of Brothers. My wife and I watch these and find it helps us spend time together. I also find myself watching the Discovery Channel, A & E, and Sci Fi a lot. I like that show called Ghost Hunters(TAPS).

I also watch some of the Home Improvement shows like Hometime and This Old House and some on HGTV.

Then, of course, I watch any car stuff that looks remotely interesting.

It seems I spend more time in front of my monitor watching this board than the TV though.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Johnny SixPack

Band of Brothers was amazing T.V.

Good call! :2thumbs:

Definitely a show I need to pick up on DVD.   :yesnod:

Checked out Ghost Hunters a couple times and it's pretty cool.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

694spdRT

Quote from: formula_440 on January 04, 2006, 01:03:33 AM
Checked out Ghost Hunters a couple times and it's pretty cool.

Yeah, some episodes are kind of boring and overplayed but, they have a good one every now and then. It makes my wife's eyes water when she gets scared and I get a kick out of that more than anything. ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rare69

definitely speed Channel and the outdoor channel. when i get to watch what i want.

Charger4404spd

Arthu®

Striving for world domination since 1986

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Charger4404spd on January 04, 2006, 06:46:24 AM
History
Discovery
National Geographic
A&E
Speed

Me too, also trying to keep up with the "Lost" series on NBC. They keep repeating the episodes...I'm starting to lose interest.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Doc74

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on January 04, 2006, 09:31:14 AM
Quote from: Charger4404spd on January 04, 2006, 06:46:24 AM
History
Discovery
National Geographic
A&E
Speed

Me too, also trying to keep up with the "Lost" series on NBC. They keep repeating the episodes...I'm starting to lose interest.

One week to go to the new ep, it's been a while.
Altough it's a bit too teenie at times and plays freely with the myth, I try to watch Smallville which too should be returning somewhere next week.
Same story again for a third time but CSI NY ain't too bad, nothing to stay home for though but I like the setting more than Miami.
I keep going back to the dvd's and like Johhny I find myself watching many of the old stuff again.Hasselhof was an 80's icon for all the wrong reasons but ya gotta love the talking car !   :thumbs:
Just watched the complete Fawlty Towers, again, Open all Hours with the late and great Ronny Barker, good stuff.
Band of Brothers is excellent to combine with the Call of Duty/Medal of Honor games too  :icon_smile_big:

RD

anything on discovery, tlc, or history channel, but the main two are SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TK73

No cable or regular TV, just blockbuster movies... don't miss cable at all...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TruckDriver

I never watch any regular network shows at all unless it is something about NASCAR. Everything I watch is on cable and I am picky as to what I watch. These are the regularly watched channels by me...

Speed
Food Channel (I like cooking shows) BAM!
TLC
Discovery
History
Weather Channel (occasionally)
CNN
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

I like My Name is Earl, comes on just before the office, just moveed to Thursday.  Does anyone know if American Hot Rod is still on?  I haven't seen it in months.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

I've got Dish Network's satellite & like the service & price compared to cable. I can't get a single channel with a roof antenna, so I need a pay service because of where my house is situated. I don't watch much of anything regularly, except movies & most of the HBO series. I can't stand commercials, so if I have a regular broadcast channel on, I'm usually scanning up & down the remote. I'll watch something until a commercial, then flip to another channel & forget to go back.

I hardly buy tapes & DVD's except for a few concerts. The only DVD I bought all of last year, was Stevie Ray Vaughan at Montreux. I'd consider getting a few Monty Python DVD's, but I can't see spending money on them since my father had taped a commercial free marathon of the show from PBS. I'd rather buy some music CD's or go see a live concert.

The older shows I always liked & stand out over others, (& sometimes watch a rerun of) were:

Monty Python's Flying Circus
All in the Family
Sanford & Son
Gilligan's Island
MASH
Baa Baa Blacksheep   (Met Robert Conrad at the NY Auto Show back then too.)
The Kids in the Hall     
Combat
The Rat Patrol
The Carol Burnett Show
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Doc74

Quote from: 41husk on January 04, 2006, 11:14:14 AM
I like My Name is Ear

I knew there was something else I watch, goes to show how important tv is...
It's a good 20 minutes fun though.

HAZZARDJOHN

Here are the only shows I watch:

Dukes of Hazzard (obviously)
Rescue Me (My favorite new show, I watched the premeir adn have been hooked ever since, Have the first season, waiting for the 2nd to come out on DVD)
Overhaulin (C'mon I am a car guy! I met Chip last year and he is the Nicest guy and even took time to chat with my Dad for a few minutes)
Rides (same reason: I'm a Car guy)

T.V. on DVD
Dukes again
M.A.S.H. (grew up with that show, although it did go down hill after they took Clinger out of a dress)
Northern Exposure (I have no I dea why I like this show but I do)
Knight rider (Not that into it at this age, but I loved it when I was a kid so I have the DVD's)
Family guy! (I have all the seasons on DVD! This is a really funny show)
Chapelle Show (one of the funniest shows ever)

That's all. I really am too busy to watch too many shows, but these are what I watch if I have time! ;D

~HJ

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Ponch ®

"Television? No Good Will Come Of This Device. The Word Is Half Greek and Half Latin" - C.P. Scott
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

Family Guy...  that show really is a riot!

i get home at midnight so i see only an hour or so of tv a night..

Rescue Me   gripping though I can't seem to ever catch it...

The Shield    same...

Adult Swim on the cartoon network,..  i dig Harvey Birdman and the Venture Bros..

usually the discovery channel and history channel to fill in the blanks

and our local PBS channels on occasion

and we have a local cable channel that plays alot of local amature bands... it can be a real hoot to see these bands...  :yesnod:
some are quite good and some?.. well. they are so bad it's funny...
I think it's kinda cool that five years after we played that show they frequently rerun our three songs... That feels really good..  :laugh:

one thing i've noticed is how the movie stations show the same movies over and over and over for days on end...
I can't figgure why with all the movies ever made they only seem to play a dozen movies... what's that all about?..

4402tuff4u

Oh, I also like the Spike channel. 007 marathon over the holidays was pretty cool. I miss the Man Show too. The Japanese extreme eliminations ( I think it's called) is funny sometimes.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Old Moparz

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 04, 2006, 02:25:56 PM

Adult Swim on the cartoon network.

Hey Strat, I just saw this one New Year's Eve & it was pretty funny. I went to Albany, NY for a concert & fireworks with the family & we stayed overnight. My 6 y.o. daughter watched it with me, but I didn't know where some of the humor was going to go, so I tried changing the channel so my daughter wouldn't start asking questions. She got upset, so we watched it. Nothing too crude, just a lot of it went over her head.   :lol:

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 04, 2006, 02:25:56 PM

one thing i've noticed is how the movie stations show the same movies over and over and over for days on end...
I can't figgure why with all the movies ever made they only seem to play a dozen movies... what's that all about?..

It's probably all about what's popular like the radio.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Charger_Fan

I watch a little broadcast TV...like maybe 2 hours total in a week. I'm too friggin cheap to pay for TV. I do pay for video's though sometimes...my kids pay for most. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Johnny SixPack

The Venture Bros rock! :2thumbs:

Good call, Strat. :cheers:

And Brock Sampson even owns a "69 Charger.   :icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:

Ponch ®

Quote from: formula_440 on January 04, 2006, 04:14:38 PM
The Venture Bros rock! :2thumbs:

Good call, Strat. :cheers:

And Brock Sampson even owns a "69 Charger.   :icon_smile_big:

Harvey Birdman rolls in a 71 Road Runner

the cartoon network actually had that for sale a couple of years ago for something like $70K

greenpigs

Quote from: TK73 on January 04, 2006, 10:45:11 AM
No cable or regular TV, just blockbuster movies... don't miss cable at all...
:iagree:

I don't rent movies, every couple weeks I will buy a few movies or TV shows on DVD. Our cable bill was $45 a month so I spend at least that a month. So I am getting a collection of movies\shows and the latest 5 are:

1) Kolchak The Night Stalker -NICE with LOADS of cool 70's icons..Mr Howel..Boss Hogg..Klinger..Ponch..etc $35.99 Best Buy
2) Joe Dirt..some POS swiped my other copy.     $9.99 Best Buy
3) Monsters Attack - 13+ hours of Japanese rubber monsters.. $6.99 Best Buy
4) 40 Year old Virgin - Christmas gift
5) Action Jackson - $3.95 on Evilbay
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Johnny SixPack

Since it seems like a lot of us skip the broadcasts altogether, I added 'T.V. on DVD' as an option. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: greenpigs on January 04, 2006, 06:23:55 PM

I think I'd last about 12 minutes watching that. :image_294343: :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 07:33:31 PM

Well don't let yur wife find out or she's gonna be hella jelious...

TruckDriver

Boy, you got some real stamina if you can last that long :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 04, 2006, 08:35:25 PM

Boy, you got some real stamina if you can last that long :D

:smilielol:
Johnny's Herd: