News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Took my 68 to the scales / 68 Charger /440/auto. "CAR ON A SCALE"

Started by skip68, October 15, 2009, 05:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

The drivetrains on these cars are beasts.  The unibodies themselves really aren't that terribly heavy in the big picture, but it's ridiculous to be pushing around literally 800 pounds worth of engine & tranny in the nose.  

Guys who mess with small 4-banger or 6-banger foreign sports cars will complain about the weight disadvantage of installing an all-aluminum smallblock V8.

greenpigs

BUMP

Anyone else have their Charger weighed on a scale & care to share what it was & all the options or what if anything was done to remove weight?

I read in a post of Ron's the Black Pig weighs 3850 & 4100 with him in it.

I can't wait till the weather warms up so I can get mine weighed to see what it is at. Allways had a thing about lightening up my cars & they all were boats.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

G-man

Dunno what my options are fully but... I do know the basics which I hope give the ball park figure?

1968 Charger
383ci
727 Auto on the column
Front wheel disc, rear wheel drum
Vinyl Top
Open End 8-3/4 Diff
Power Steer
NO-air con, No electric windows etc.

Weighed 1670kg (what is that converted to lbs?)

Everything is stock/original cast iron everything.

Kern Dog

My 70 Charger R/T clone weighed 3844. It had a stroked 440 with aluminum heads, intake, and radiator. It has a full repro interior, HD 1 inch T bars,  ss leaf springs, 1 1/8" front sway bar, 7/8" rear sway bar, 8 3/4 axle, 4 wheel disc brakes and a 727. Oh yeah, 18x9 front wheels and 18x10 rear.

daveco

Quote from: G-man on March 10, 2011, 02:52:16 AM
Dunno what my options are fully but... I do know the basics which I hope give the ball park figure?

1968 Charger
383ci
727 Auto on the column
Front wheel disc, rear wheel drum
Vinyl Top
Open End 8-3/4 Diff
Power Steer
NO-air con, No electric windows etc.

Weighed 1670kg (what is that converted to lbs?)

Everything is stock/original cast iron everything.

1670 X 2.20462 = 3681.7154
R/Tree