News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pics of my new 69 spoiler, splitter still to come

Started by v21hemicharger, March 09, 2011, 10:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v21hemicharger

Well after much work and some help from a fiberglass guy, the spoiler part is done.  Part came out nice and have a good mold.  Not even thinking about making others for now, in a mad rush to make Vegas.  Still have a little trimming to do since I made the mold a little big in case other cars had a little variance.  I still have to paint it, going body color, and make the carbon fiber splitter for it, but that may not happen in time for Vegas, I am will trying.

v21hemicharger

And if you're wondering 275/40/18's.  One more...

G-man

nice work... but.... i dunno if it does much for looks staying that way... its a LITTLE big, looks like it will be good as a snow plow  :lol:

At least you have room to play with. Can always cut, once toomuch is cut, thats when there is a problem.

Nice charger and interesting colour, I like it. :2thumbs:

v21hemicharger

Had to take another look at it because of the snow plow effect, but on the ground it doesn't look big at all.  Once the sides are painted body color it should help.  Standing 3 feet in front of car you really can't see it.  will have to take some pics on the ground.  Mike

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

speedfreak68

:2thumbs: I like it!! I'm wanting to build something similar for my car, but i want to do it with aluminum. Heres a link to mine, http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63123.0.html

troutstreamnm

I applaud your effort and initiative  :2thumbs:  Just to give you my first impression (for what that's worth) it appears to be at least 25% too large and could benefit from softer edges and corners.  :Twocents: What is your main objective with this spoiler, looks or function?
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Piston_Freddy

Looks gay, like the wheels. Then again, I hate all pro touring(especially silver) cars.
Max rim size:15"

twodko

Good work and clever fabrication but I have to agree with several members here...........it doesn't look good. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

LeeBoy

Quote from: twodko on March 10, 2011, 11:57:45 AM
Good work and clever fabrication but I have to agree with several members here...........it doesn't look good. :Twocents:
:iagree:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

tan top

Quote from: LeeBoy on March 10, 2011, 01:03:16 PM
Quote from: twodko on March 10, 2011, 11:57:45 AM
:iagree:

:yesnod: :iagree:  sorry to say dude  clever stuff & nice work but don't look good  , to me !   :down:            :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

speedfreak68

Quote from: Piston_Freddy on March 10, 2011, 10:55:13 AM
Looks gay, like the wheels. Then again, I hate all pro touring(especially silver) cars.

Wow Freddy, Glad to know that we are all mature around here...  :slap:

Brock Samson

I'm gonna reserve my judgement and any pronouncements about it's sexual orientation intill i see it all wheels on the ground, remember "Angrier" has big honking spoiler up front too... does look pretty over the top in those pics..  :shruggy:

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: speedfreak68 on March 10, 2011, 01:20:35 PM

Wow Freddy, Glad to know that we are all mature around here...  :slap:
I can only say nice things around here? My bad! :slap: Will not comment any other pro touring or resto mod threads here! That's a promise!
Max rim size:15"

TexasStroker

I'm interested in seeing it painted...that can really change the looks.  I think it has to be seen from the ground (front-on and side) before you can really tell what impact it will have on the styling. 

If you sell them I'd be interested in seeing a prototype dressed in black and with the "corners" cut for a second variation. 

The splitter can really dress it up too...I'm all for the owner doing what they want to their car.  You can't go wrong with 100% stock, but something different is nice imo.  I believe there is a good carbon fiber guy in Houston somewhere...The splitter alone may really make the paint-match look well.  Definitely keep us posted on how it turns out!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

v21hemicharger

Man. harsh.  Just couldn't bring myself to the old 69 Camaro spoiler.  You have to have a little vision.  Painted the harsh edges will blend and looking at it on the lift does it no justice especially with the reflection of the valance.  In person I really like it and when I mocked up a splitter it really improved it.  It is more functional but probably a little high for track days.  It's about 8" off the ground now with probably 2 more inches to go down after the motor is in.  I do have some brake vents going in as well, but not til after Vegas.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Did you decide if you were going to put the V21 back on the car?

I like the wheel choice.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

v21hemicharger

This isn't the hemi car, but it will have the v21, not sure if by vegas.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

clanton

This looks like a gambling situation here. I say it is way too low, it will scrape and crumble under the car.  :Twocents: on it.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

Your going to LOVE my car when it's done.....it's going to be pro touring AND silver :stirthepot: :D

v21hemicharger: Not a huge huge fan but it definitley has good potential and I like the idea behind it. It's just too big for my taste.  It definitley needs to be darkened up but you said it's going carbon fiber styled or something so we'll see what that does. Like I said, not a huge huge fan but I like the idea! It's all about making a car your own and making it a one off... :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

greenpigs

It could be the contrasting color that makes it look even bigger, after some paint & things blend it may look better. If we all did the same thing how boring would that be?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free