News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

correct brake conversion & nose hardware??

Started by r4daytona, March 15, 2011, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Hi all, when I do my car everyone has told me to convert to a single piston system instead of the 4 piston because of servicing and possible parts down the road- especially the rotors.  I've called Jegs and know what the complete kit is they have, but there is a guy selling what looks like the same kit for a bit less.  11" rotors with 5x4.5" pattern, 8" booster and what looks like all other parts needed.  Sorry, not computer savy enough to post the link, bu the item number is: 120695521546  and the sellers name is   fatrodder    Does this seems correct for my daytona or you have any other suggestions.  Also, anybody sell a correct hardware kit for all the nuts bolts and clips for the nose?  Thanks  Tom

pettybird

You have disc brakes now? 

If so, you just need the spindles, rotors, bearings, dust caps, calipers, caliper adapters, lines and pads.  The master cylinder is the same part. 

Fat Man Fabrications and Magnumforce have brand new spindles which use the '73-up rotor setup, which is best because it's the cheapest!  You can piece together a kit for less than what you're seeing online through the parts store.  The only mildly difficult part to source is the caliper adapters--you'll need to get used ones, as far as I know.

Check out your local parts store and price out parts for a '73 Charger. 

OR---contact the seller on eBay and see what he wants if he keeps the master/booster and other parts like that.

Aero426

Tom, if you need the skinny head bolts to attach the headlight buckets to the nose, we have those through DSAC.   They are $20 (set of ten bolts) with shipping included.

r4daytona

I did price out getting a mid 70's brake setup from the junk yard and using the rotors, calipers as cores, then blasting/cleaning the remaining parts for use.  Then priced out the small misc. hardware etc. etc. and it actually was cheaper to buy the kit.  I do not have my booster or cylinder -- I need EVERYTHING.  Just seems more cost effective to buy the complete brake kit, I just want to know what the correct cylinder and booster look like.  AERO, I do have the skinny bolts, they came with the buckets I bought. Thanks though.  I want to know what the other bolts and clips are.  Also, who has the most correct rubber seal kit? Patik?  I'll have to get some pics of my car as it is now to show you. I know there's some that would even consider buying a Daytona as rough as mine is, but it's real none the less and I want to restore it to the best or my ability -- with all our your guys help and knowledge.  Heck, I've even emailed MCG to see if they want to have a story about saving a Daytona. lol   Now that I'm getting one of Janaks headlight doors, I may sell the spare drivers side I have.  It's in easily restorable condition, any rough "ballpark" value of it ???