News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is year one wiring complete?

Started by sixpack_sid, March 14, 2011, 10:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I am buying the Year One harnesses from Year One. There is no wiring in my 68 Charger. It was a shell when I bought it. Has anyone bought the wire harnesses from Year One? Are they complee? Do I need any resisitore, flashers or anything else not inlcuded in the kit?
Thanks! Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

BananaDan

First off, check with Bill Evans @ Evans Wiring.  If they make a harness you need, get it from them, they have excellent harnesses.  I have replaced every harness in my car with his, except for two that he doesn't make.  The dash and rear light harnesses are from Year One.  They look good, but haven't been installed yet, but they're the only game in town.  The company that makes them for YO is exclusive to them only.  The only thing you should need are the items the connectors plug into, like light bulbs, gauges, relays etc.  The dash harness comes with a fuse box but you will need to supply the fuses.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

baullz

Lets see if I can remember I did this last fall and I know for sure you will need flashers as they are not included. 

Also if you are using a console with the courtesy lights you have to get that harness seperate.  I think you can get the one with the light sockets itself from year one or Evans but I had to reuse the wiring that connects those lights to the door jamb switches in my '69 with an automatic console. 

Other than that it is pretty much all there for the dash except I think a tach harness is also needed if your added one. 

Oh and if you have a/c that is a couple extra small harnesses too.

Also remember to put the seal on the main bulkhead that goes through the fire wall the first time cause those are a PITA to get out again.

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein