News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440+6 Superbird

Started by Old Moparz, March 08, 2011, 03:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Just realized I had this on Photobucket & thought others might like to see it. I took this pic around 1991, it's my friend Craig's 440, 4 speed, 6 pack bird. It still has the original, numbers matching drive train, but the last time it was on the road was over 10 years ago. It needs some frame rail work in the rear as well as some body work. He's had it since 1972.  :2thumbs:

My wife Mary & my friend Craig.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Another one.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

I forget what he told me about the nose on the lime bird, but his brother nailed a deer back in the 70's with it & they replaced it. He said the hood came from Petty enterprises, but I don't recall whether the nose cone was an aftermarket or not. It is steel, though.

He has 2, here's his white one, another 4 speed car but only a 4V car.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Aero426

Is that Craig Rentner's car?

Old Moparz

Quote from: Aero426 on March 08, 2011, 05:42:09 PM
Is that Craig Rentner's car?

Yes, both cars are his. The white one has been redone with new quarters, paint, vinyl top, interior, graphics, suspension, brakes, rally wheels, & a few more things. I don't have any pics of it since it was redone.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Aero426

Here's a photo of Craig's green car from the olden days sometime in the 1970's.

nascarxx29

Well documented back in the day superbird.Thanks Bob
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 08, 2011, 03:24:26 PM
Just realized I had this on Photobucket & thought others might like to see it. I took this pic around 1991, it's my friend Craig's 440, 4 speed, 6 pack bird. It still has the original, numbers matching drive train, but the last time it was on the road was over 10 years ago. It needs some frame rail work in the rear as well as some body work. He's had it since 1972.  :2thumbs:

My wife Mary & my friend Craig.

Hi Bob, I remember you telling me about your friends birds at a cruise night in Fishkill a few years back.
I had a blue 71 Barracuda Conv at the time. I remember you because of your license plate referencing King Crimson,  IN ASPIC I believe it was.
Guess nothing has changed with your friend's birds in the past 5-6 yrs or so then.
At least he has the white one in running condition.

Old Moparz

Quote from: WINGIN IT on March 09, 2011, 04:29:52 PM

Hi Bob, I remember you telling me about your friends birds at a cruise night in Fishkill a few years back.
I had a blue 71 Barracuda Conv at the time. I remember you because of your license plate referencing King Crimson,  IN ASPIC I believe it was.
Guess nothing has changed with your friend's birds in the past 5-6 yrs or so then.

Hey, I remember talking to you & seeing the Cuda, it was blue, right?  :cheers:

Craig's white one came out really nice since it was redone. He just hasn't been out much in the last 2 years.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

greenpigs

How is Craig doing now as far as his health? Don't want to sound cold but I see the wheelchair and was curious if he has MS or was in an accident years ago?   
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Old Moparz

Quote from: greenpigs on March 10, 2011, 12:26:33 AM
How is Craig doing now as far as his health? Don't want to sound cold but I see the wheelchair and was curious if he has MS or was in an accident years ago?   

I spoke to him just before Christmas, he's doing okay.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 10, 2011, 12:21:41 AM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on March 09, 2011, 04:29:52 PM

I had a blue 71 Barracuda Conv at the time. I remember you because of your license plate referencing King Crimson,  IN ASPIC I believe it was.

Hey, I remember talking to you & seeing the Cuda, it was blue, right?  :cheers:

Craig's white one came out really nice since it was redone. He just hasn't been out much in the last 2 years.

All these 2 bird owners  I keep seeing, sheesh. Lucky Dogs.
Maybe you can get him to take the white one out sometime this year, would love to see it ( the green one too for that matter, don't know of any local birds) .

Cool pics Bob, thanks for sharing .