News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yearone 11" rotor and hub for 1966-69 B-body models with 4-piston calipers.

Started by MORFF, March 07, 2011, 08:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

Ok I just want to make sure these 11" rotor and hub for 1966-69 B-body models with 4-piston calipers. part number BN144. Will Work with my calipers I have Bendix 2937722 calipers both are the same number. Not sure if these where what came with my car but its what was giving to me when I bought car. My car was a 383 big block se 1969 charger. I also need to find dust sheilds and pads tks guys

found this for dust shields from yearone will this work for me. Correct type and gauge steel. Also has original part number stamping of 2823227. part number DBS69 Disc brake dust shield pair for 1966-69 B-body models.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

TKS hell ya save alot but do these rotors come with wheel studs like year one. now have to find a place to restore my calipers. and find pads tks again for info
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Ok pipeliner gave me a link and saw this on the brake dust sheild store PETE'S MUSCLE CARS Item number: 320240140447  
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/62-74-Mopar-Complete-Disc-Brake-kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a8fccc09fQQitemZ320240140447QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
for 670.00 can you tell me if this set up is better or the same as my bendix 4 piston set up. Because i am going to spend more to rebuild calipers and brake booster assembly. Looks like a good deal just want to make sure brake power is same as the stock bendix  set up tks.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

pipeliner

I would say any kind of upgrade is better than factory.I didnt realize those 4 piston calipers for the 69,s were so expensive to do.I bought 2 reman. A1 cardone with lifetime warranty for my 70 for $40 at Advanced lol.The only thing I personally dont like about that kit is the way the brake booster is made,other than that I wouldnt be afraid at all to go with that kit.Just make sure those are good rotors with the vents.

MORFF

Tks again pipeliner it proubly wold not be that much if i did not have to change all seals and replace all pieces to my whole brake system that why mine is so expensive.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

dustininwy

Quote from: MORFF on March 07, 2011, 08:39:57 PM
Ok I just want to make sure these 11" rotor and hub for 1966-69 B-body models with 4-piston calipers. part number BN144. Will Work with my calipers I have Bendix 2937722 calipers both are the same number. Not sure if these where what came with my car but its what was giving to me when I bought car. My car was a 383 big block se 1969 charger. I also need to find dust sheilds and pads tks guys

found this for dust shields from yearone will this work for me. Correct type and gauge steel. Also has original part number stamping of 2823227. part number DBS69 Disc brake dust shield pair for 1966-69 B-body models.

Those are the correct rotors (BN144) for 4-piston bendix calipers. Yearone has the 1pc rotors that are better than the two pc.
I had my caliper done here: http://calipersonline.com/, they completely rebuild them with Stainless Steel Sleeves, new pistons, seals, boots, and bleeders. All internal passages are cleaned, and all threads are chased. They have a lifetime warranty.
Calipersonline does good work and the turn around was fairly quick too, less than a month. I just sent mine in to be redone, because he didn't have any cores at the time and then I didn't have to worry about the core charge either.

MORFF

Tks I am getting some money soon going to get my calipers done by them as well.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Ok got my rotors from year one look nice. On the hub piece looks like tooling marks but other than that look nice. For the people who went with the one piece rotors and hub from year one. Is there any surprises for me do they work well with the stock  4 piston bendix calipers thanks guys.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

more pics of rotors. the 2of 2 marks is the second mark on first rotor. The 1 of 1 mark is the same mark on both rotors thats why though tooling mark. Just wanted to know if i should worry about these marks. or if they are tooling marks.

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

67tbird

I dont know much about disc brakes, but with that tooling mark in it I'd be worried about it being out of balance, if you know somebody with an old school bubble balancer I'd check it out.

Ghoste

I found a set of NOS rotors for my car about 3 year ago and I'd have to go to the shop and pull a wheel to be sure but I don't recall any marks like that on the hub.  Your one of one pic may be on mine but that second pic looks a little suspect. :Twocents:

MORFF

here is the mark one of one see on year ones web site so that mark must be good calling them today about other mark.  http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?input=bn144&SM=1&SC=
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

Well, if the one piece design is anything like the one that Mitchell Motors redid a few years ago, you will have to machine lathe down the hub area to clear the caliper once the caliper is mounted to the spindle.  Ive even heard that the repro rotor for the two piece set up requires some machining too. :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

MORFF

Got off the phone with year one said mark was just a casting flaw and will not effect the rotor posted a pic on there facebook page made it easier to show them with pics. So that makes me feel better I just wanted to make sure they would not crack said would change one for one if wanted.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Dustininwy talk to Mark from http://calipersonline.com mine should be comming in a week. Now I got a question My stainless hard lines look ok where would you go to get the steal braided line to go to the caliper. I also need the (D19) brake pads where would you go for that. I am going to look at my bearings for the rotors in the front if good going to reuse them but if not where would you go for them?thanks guys

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Got my calipers from  http://calipersonline.com man look nice take pics soon all I have left to come is my 1.03 Torrsion bars from Hotchkis nice now if that BMW would get out of shop I can start making the underneath look good as the body guy finishes the rest.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

pics
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

http://calipersonline.com said if want original bolts to mount each side of caliper let him know if you do not let him know he puts new bolts in, I wanted to get new bolts do not trust a bolt 43 years old. Need to get the braided steal line and fitting to go to steal line.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

One thing I see right off the bat is that the new bolts they put in, the end ones had the head tapped out for bolting the mounting bracket for the steel line to rubber line.  I had to change mine out in order to mount that up.  Its not really that big of a deal but I wanted it on there since thats how it came originally.  Looks great otherwise. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

MORFF

OK dont have those bolts anymore maybe can modify the bolts that are on them now? hopfully or can I buy those bolts from somewhere. I need to find fittings and the line to go to the hard lines anybody know anybody that has the fittings and lines I need TKS. I wanted to go steal braided to stainless hard line if posible.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

I think I remember seeing them on Herb's Parts when I was surfing his site one time.   http://www.herbsparts.com/products.asp?cat=387    I think I got all my stainless steel brake and fuel lines from The Right Stuff.
Brian

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi