News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unpopularity of 3rd Gen Chargers, particularly post 71

Started by 64dartgt, February 20, 2011, 11:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie R/T

Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 18, 2011, 08:21:27 PM
thats a good photo. cool... I'm trying to get a feel for the size, (wheel base, OAL, etc.)  drive train. what year is the car in the photo?

Feel this.I have often herd them referred to a an "A" body not sure if that's right

Length 14ft 11.8in
width     6ft  2.2
hight      4ft 6.5
wheel base 105 in
track           59.82
rear             60.22
clearance      5.8 in

Here's the good stuff from an inline 6 {remember 6 inline is fine}

265 cubic inches with 3 x dual sidedraught webers  :2thumbs: with the shortest diff available 3.50
1st 39mph
2nd 61mph
3rd  85mph
4th  134 mph

Standing 400 metres 14.4 {100mph 14.1} with cross ply razor blades for tyres

Turning circle 36ft

fuel capacity 35gallons :coolgleamA: yep that's right the R/T's had 35 gallon tanks for the bigguns

weight app 3090lbs

that should keep you busy thanks for the interest  :cheers:

mikesbbody

2nd Gen's are and always will be the most popular, sought after Charger but that didn't make me want one  :nana: the way I see it is there are 2nd Gen's guy's who like 3rd gen's (but prefer 2nd Gens) and then there's the other Guy's who don't like them at all I personally think 71's were the best of all years, Gens etc  :Twocents: 68-70's just don't do it for me but that's just me  ;D

AKcharger

Only reason I got my 3rd gen was we needed another car and the only other thing for sale at the time was an '87 Yugo...I coundn't afford it so got the '72, what a piece of junk...I'll always regreat I passed that Yugo by!  :D

ACUDANUT

Now that's what I call a perfect and well sought after 3rd gen. !!

DustinSimmonds

Sorry to hear about the Yugo!  :P Maybe you will find one someday!  :smilielol: However, Yugo aside, you can still drive that hidious 3rd gen you got there, or did you throw it in the lake?  :rofl:

stuga

Well,I never got to involved of the p-ssing game on what year or model was better or what car maker was better or who could measure how deep the water is in the urinal was without using your hands :icon_smile_big: But I do enjoy the before and after pics of cars, especially when people  enjoy doing it themself and build a custom car they desire. It's nice to see someone rebuild a American classic that would have been other wise sent to a scrap yard and sold to china.