News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quicky speaker grill

Started by RECHRGD, March 24, 2011, 06:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I've upgrade the stereo and put some nice Kenwood speakers in the doors.  I haven't been able to come up with a proper grill yet, so I came up with this until I find something better.  It's a 3 gang "screwless" deluxe switchplate with the center dividers cut out and sanded smooth.  Some flat black paint and a piece of speaker fabric and you have an instant 3x5 cover with no exposed screws and the window crank clears it.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Patronus

is that decora style?  :D what size speakers?    :popcrn:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

mikesbbody

Not bad Bob, I know it's not permanent but I think if it were black (to match the door panel) it would look even better  :cheers:

bobs66440

RECHRGD

Quote from: Patronus on March 24, 2011, 06:58:02 PM
is that decora style?  :D what size speakers?    :popcrn:

Yes, it's the decora style plate.  The speaker is about 5 1/4" round.  The plate is 5x7 not 3x5 as mentioned.  I only cut the door panel enough to match the opening on the plate.

Quote from: mikesbbody on March 25, 2011, 01:43:50 AM
Not bad Bob, I know it's not permanent but I think if it were black (to match the door panel) it would look even better  :cheers:

Actually it does match the door panel quite well, it's hardly noticable.  The flash on the camera picked up too much of the gloss on the panel.
13.53 @ 105.32

mikesbbody

I see  :2thumbs: interesting for me to see what other Charger Guy's are doing regarding speakers etc
One day I may put a stereo in mine and i would like speakers up front not just in the rear shelf.