News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I was gifted a new car... UPDATE!

Started by miller, March 06, 2011, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The name of the aftermarket supplier on the aero conversions to the El Camino was Choo Choo Customs.

miller

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 09, 2011, 07:23:38 PM
often catching up with replys from the "latest posts on the forum"  i didn't see the pics of your envisioned choo chooo mullett mobile whatever till i actually came on the thread and saw the pics sorry,..
So, why's it called a "Choo Choo"?..  :shruggy:   :lol:

Brock empty your indox!!!

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

miller

Well I finished my work term at Chicago (off to Germany on the 31st for school!), and I was able to haul the El Camino back to my house. I found that I can source the doors, and fenders for around 200-300 Total, and 100 for the tail gate. The engine runs well, and the transmission shifts reverse and forward without hesistation. The interior needs to be redyed, but overal is in good condition. The headlights and radio work, the blower fan needs a relay and then the HVAC system will be in working order. There is some pin holes on the bottom right corner, but the major work will be in the bed of the truck. The bed itself isn't bad, but the sides of the bed are. I think it can be patched simple enough (the bed doesnt have to look that good because I will be ryno lining it anyways.

Overall I think it will be a good project.

PS: I picked the truck up from my girlfriends father at about 8 in the morning. My girlfriend broke up with me at 2 pm... talk about in the nick of time!

greenpigs

QuotePS: I picked the truck up from my girlfriends father at about 8 in the morning. My girlfriend broke up with me at 2 pm... talk about in the nick of time!

:smilielol:

Free makes it a bunch easier to do the work I bet.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

aussiemuscle

QuotePS: I picked the truck up from my girlfriends father at about 8 in the morning. My girlfriend broke up with me at 2 pm... talk about in the nick of time!
Lucky. silver lining and all that.... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Brock Samson

i guess the last owner threw up on the dash eh?..  :lol:  :icon_smile_wink:

miller

Quote from: aussiemuscle on March 23, 2011, 10:47:35 PM
Lucky. silver lining and all that.... :icon_smile_blackeye:

I think just about anyone would take the girl over the beat up pickup truck, but I could see it coming. She was just ready to move on. I tried to keep it going, but if she isn't happy with the relationship then the last thing I would want to do is tie her down. With me going to Germany, I think she felt it was in her best intrest to cut ties and move on rather than wait it out with little contact from me, and who can really blame her.  I talked to her father about the situation before I picked the El Camino up, and he said he hopes everything works out but I can still have the car. True I wish I could have both, but instead I have a rusty old car, which I named Alison (just a little jab at her because she always hated the elky).

Aussiemuscle, do you own that ute? I love it, I would like to think that would be what the Ranchero would look like if it was kept into production.

Brock, what are you talking about, that is the luxurious wood grain! :nana:

doctor4766

Hey don't worry bout the Fords.. This is what the El Camino should be lookin like now Miller.
Fortunately the boys at GM here in Oz still make them.

PS. You might recognise the lines of your last GTO
Gotta love a '69

aussiemuscle

Quote from: miller on March 24, 2011, 12:18:51 AM
Aussiemuscle, do you own that ute? I love it, I would like to think that would be what the Ranchero would look like if it was kept into production.
This is my ute, daily drive too
Ford Falcon XR8 (yup v8, Boss 260 (333 cui) BF 2007)

TK73

What a crazy-ass lookin car!!

G-D that would be fun to OPEN UP on your LONG roads!!!!
:drive:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!