News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Side Pipes?

Started by DustinSimmonds, March 06, 2011, 03:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

Well, at least it's not a 68-70 Charger that's getting funkified.
I am Dr. Remulac

greenpigs

You will have issues with burning your legs before the pipes get ripped off. I don't know how the roads are for Nacho but you would have to be jumping hills or 4X4'ing to mess up the sidepipes. As long as you do like Nacho sugested and make sure they are tucked up tight the pipes should stay put.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

DustinSimmonds

Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 08, 2011, 02:38:50 PM
Well, at least it's not a 68-70 Charger that's getting funkified.
Hey, cool your jets. Its not like i'm putting a mural on it and a disco ball.  :slap: Also, I'll make sure they fit on it just right. If it wont work i'll just not bother with it. I think they would look nice, but if they are gonna be too much hassle then i'll just forget about it.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: greenpigs on March 08, 2011, 07:55:18 PM
   I don't know how the roads are for Nacho

actually, down here there are LOT of bumps sometimes in middle of nowhere to slow down the speed. I know some headers owners hating the headers now ( actually hating the bumps, but they won't get damage, ), soooo.. Side pipes won't be less

Maybe thats why I'm thinking on that ?

Anyway, I think they will loo more cool, being more into the body.

Think also on the suspension on Sports cars ( vettes, Vipers ) is a lot stiffer than our cars, so easily to get some damage on our cars.

( PS: lot of BAD CONDITION ROADS too down here... and when I say bad conditions, THEY REALLY ARE )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Lennard

Quote from: JPL on March 08, 2011, 12:29:15 PM
LOVE sidepipes......only on my Viper though

Same here, only on my Vette, on my Charger... never.

tan top

each to their  own !!  :yesnod: think thay look crap on a charger  or any mopar !! leave them for the chebby dudes  :yesnod:  or corvetts & stuff  :yesnod:  , thats where they belong  with A/C cobras etc  :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Shakey

I've always liked side pipes and thinking back to all the cars I would draw in class as a kid, they were always there!  I think they'd look great on any Charger.   :yesnod:

As far as the folks that cannot post their opinion without taking a shot at anothers persons opinion, that's more common on other sites and not here.  Let's try to be adults.

Brock Samson

wow that vette is a real mash-up,.. was it wrecked and you customised it?..  :2thumbs:

Rizzo

b]and I can't imagine what the interior looks like[/b].
[/quote]

The interior was stock.

Lennard

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 09, 2011, 10:28:43 AM
wow that vette is a real mash-up,.. was it wrecked and you customised it?..  :2thumbs:

It wasn't wrecked but it was a worn out piece of sh*t with damage every where so I took the body off and made it better then new... my way.

Charger´69

Quote from: Lennard on March 09, 2011, 02:01:54 AM

Nice Vette!!!  :drool5: :2thumbs:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

Brock Samson

Quote from: Lennard on March 09, 2011, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on March 09, 2011, 10:28:43 AM
wow that vette is a real mash-up,.. was it wrecked and you customised it?..  :2thumbs:

It wasn't wrecked but it was a worn out piece of sh*t with damage every where so I took the body off and made it better then new... my way.

Go on....     :popcrn: 

TruckDriver

Quote from: Charger´69 on March 09, 2011, 12:38:45 PM
Quote from: Lennard on March 09, 2011, 02:01:54 AM

Nice Vette!!!  :drool5: :2thumbs:
:iagree: I LOVE older Corvette's! Nice car! :2thumbs: :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

I had to find these pictures, of the Charger models I build back in the late '70's - early '80s. Both '69's were General Lee's that I redid (shows you how long I been tired of looking at GL clones  :lol: ) The Red Charger is a 1/16 scal car, as well as the Black '74. I eventually redid the black Charger, painted it blue metallic, and that is where the side pipes on the red '69 came from.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Richard Cranium

Time to break out the M-80s again.
I am Dr. Remulac

TexasStroker

I say go for it...all of this stuff comes down to one thing...YOU the owner.  If you like it, make it happen.  As mentioned before this is nothing permanent and if you don't like the looks or sound pull them...you can trade for something, or have nice wall art.

I've never seen a Charger in person with side pipes, but I've seen a Coronet wear a pair and look awesome...To me it comes down to the car and the build etc. 

Once upon a time I ran side exit...everyone said it sounded great, but I couldn't stand it...sounded like a 650 bike imo.  Something to do with the sound waves, tip, exit angle, tire, etc. 

Bottom line, your Charger do what you want...I really like the blue 3rd gen that was shown here..
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Lizey

all of the kids in my neck of the woods (me included) run "side pipes" on everything, in the sense that the exhaust tips stick out the side in front of the rear wheels like the AAR Cudas. doesnt matter if its an S10, Ranger, Acclaim, Cavalier, hell one kid has them on a minivan! so i love sidepipes, but i guess im kind of biased on the subject.  :shruggy:
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

daveco

Quote from: Lizey on March 09, 2011, 04:51:16 PM
all of the kids in my neck of the woods (me included) run "side pipes" on everything, in the sense that the exhaust tips stick out the side in front of the rear wheels like the AAR Cudas. doesnt matter if its an S10, Ranger, Acclaim, Cavalier, hell one kid has them on a minivan! so i love sidepipes, but i guess im kind of biased on the subject.  :shruggy:

I think most people know those as "side exits".  "Side pipes" are exposed all the way down the side of the car.
R/Tree

troutstreamnm

QuoteTime to break out the M-80s again.
:smilielol:  You crack me up!  To be honest, all of my models ended up in a firery explosion when I was a kid.  It was just the life cycle of models for any red-blooded kid having fun!  :icon_smile_cool:
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

FlatbackFanatic

side pipes are cool... If you want to put them on your car, why not.  :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

DustinSimmonds

I used to love destroying my toy cars as a kid!  :coolgleamA: I hope I can find some good side pipes that actually fit along the whole length of my car, from the back of the front wheel well to the back wheel well.

Lizey

:brickwall: :brickwall:
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Aero426

Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 09, 2011, 02:18:12 PM
Time to break out the M-80s again.

I have an original MPC kit I can volunteer as long as you shoot video.  I can probably find some side pipes to add to it in my parts box too.   :smilielol:

-
-
-
-
-
Just kidding guys...

Richard Cranium

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on March 09, 2011, 07:52:26 PM
I hope I can find some good side pipes that actually fit along the whole length of my car, from the back of the front wheel well to the back wheel well.

You can always saws-all these off & mount them horizontal...............

I am Dr. Remulac

greenpigs

Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 09, 2011, 08:48:55 PM
Quote from: DustinSimmonds on March 09, 2011, 07:52:26 PM
I hope I can find some good side pipes that actually fit along the whole length of my car, from the back of the front wheel well to the back wheel well.

You can always saws-all these off & mount them horizontal...............

Perpendicular :slap:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free