News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Side Pipes?

Started by DustinSimmonds, March 06, 2011, 03:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustinSimmonds

Well we will wait patiently, and thanks for the support! I have some other crazy mods i'm CONSIDERING for my Charger, i'm just really iffy on them right now!  :shruggy:

jaak

This pic was posted in the Charger pic thread yesterday....

Jason

ChargerĀ“69

Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

Richard Cranium

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on March 10, 2011, 11:57:10 PM
Well we will wait patiently, and thanks for the support! I have some other crazy mods i'm CONSIDERING for my Charger, i'm just really iffy on them right now!  :shruggy:

Would that consideration include any of these.............

I am Dr. Remulac

XS29J8

I cringed when my buddy showed me these pics of his CHARGER 500 and he wasn't done yet, before it was stolen in 1982. A rebel Flag & numerals were about to be applied....... :scratchchin:

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

troutstreamnm

Quotebefore it was stolen in 1982.
or rescued? (I hope)  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

TruckDriver

Quote from: jaak on March 13, 2011, 03:36:01 AM
This pic was posted in the Charger pic thread yesterday....

Jason

I love that!  :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Brock Samson

i wonder if those pipes are dummies?.. where's the rest of the Cat. hardware?... does look cool..

troutstreamnm

I believe the side pipes on the 09 Challenger are real and functional.  I remember there were lots of comments...some very negative...from the guys over at the Cuda-Challenger site.  The owner was trying to recreate a look of a car he had back in the 70's.   :shruggy:
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

mikesbbody

Quote from: Shakey on March 09, 2011, 08:27:29 AM
I've always liked side pipes and thinking back to all the cars I would draw in class as a kid, they were always there!  I think they'd look great on any Charger.   :yesnod:

Hey! I would do the same thing as a Kid too!  :cheers: but I would add a big Ass Supercharger too  :lol:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 13, 2011, 12:25:23 PM
i wonder if those pipes are dummies?.. where's the rest of the Cat. hardware?... does look cool..

Not all places require cats or emission tersting. Over half of Wisconsin has no emission testing. So that would be easy to do here. Heck, I don't have a cat on my pickup truck.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

DustinSimmonds

Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 13, 2011, 05:29:09 AM
Quote from: DustinSimmonds on March 10, 2011, 11:57:10 PM

Would that consideration include any of these.............

Ha, not quite! More like giving my '72 a gas cap similar to the 2nd gen and tilt the rear window to give it wings like the 2nd gen.
These are things that I am just thinking about, coffee table talk.

moparstuart

:popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Midpenmopar

Speaking of sidepipes...........Just had them made for the roadrunner!   :cheers:
Reality is only an illusion caused by a deficiency of alcohol.

Midpenmopar

This is how they looked before being ceramic coated matte black.    ;)

68X426

Returning to the same question as earlier: how do you and a passenger not burn skin on those pipes? Especially a lady along for the ride?

Somebody's home made solution:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparstuart

Quote from: Midpenmopar on July 19, 2012, 11:16:26 PM
Speaking of sidepipes...........Just had them made for the roadrunner!   :cheers:
cool  rene need to put those on his daytona
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Midpenmopar

Quote from: 68X426 on July 19, 2012, 11:34:09 PM
Returning to the same question as earlier: how do you and a passenger not burn skin on those pipes? Especially a lady along for the ride?

I get asked that same question  everytime someone sees i installed sidepipes. I will tell you i can put my hand on the shields no matter how hot the pipes are and it's cool to the touch. They never get hot or even warm! :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

I have to admit, they do look good on your Road Runner but still not my thing personally.

Homerr

This thread has some of the most awesome photos, and by that I mean absolutely terrible.    :hah:

BigBlockSam

QuoteThis is how they looked before being ceramic coated matte black.

very cool . i'm putting side pipes on my daytona. thank you for the pic of the s pipes thats a good idea the way you did that  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Midpenmopar

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 20, 2012, 10:49:22 AM
QuoteThis is how they looked before being ceramic coated matte black.

very cool . i'm putting side pipes on my daytona. thank you for the pic of the s pipes thats a good idea the way you did that  :cheers:

I have more detailed photos if you would like to see them on the sidepipe install.

Wicked72

the red 71 looks good actually and the roadrunner is badass.  :popcrn:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Midpenmopar

Quote from: Wicked72 on July 21, 2012, 08:20:51 AM
the red 71 looks good actually and the roadrunner is badass.  :popcrn:

Thanks you very much for the positive comment! :2thumbs: