News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new potential '69 RT/SE owner. good deal?

Started by kaj, March 04, 2011, 07:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipeliner

Quote from: 69chargerrt440 on March 05, 2011, 06:36:21 PM
Quote from: terrible one on March 04, 2011, 08:41:00 PM
Hope this isn't the place that did the work!

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=7708431

Yeah the rear valence corners are really iffy. I'd lean more toward bad metalwork than owner's preference for them being filled. The whole lower quarter body line looks so much more rounded after the wheel well opening than before it! And the trunk . . . that better be BEFORE they touched it!  :eek2:

BTW: Let's move this to Charger discussion!

The rear valence looks to have bondo in it. If theres bondo there theres probably bondo somewhere else. My dad and I have restored many 69 Chargers. I agree to take a magnet and put it anywhere on the body, if it doesn't stick you got a problem.
Thats a good idea because nobody on this site owns a Charger with filler in it :lol:

kaj

i kinda figured all older cars HAD to. i'm told they come from GM that way at times and if you have replaced any sheet metal, it HAS to have filler. or i could be wrong. :)

i half expected people to talk me out of it.. then ask me for the guy's number. hahaha.

anyway, i'll keep searching. i'll have a '69 one day!  :cheers:

69charger2002

looks like you made a wise move passing on that car for 10,500. not a steal based on what i'm seeing..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

kaj

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 06, 2011, 08:07:39 PM
looks like you made a wise move passing on that car for 10,500. not a steal based on what i'm seeing..

one day i'll have a General Lee just like the one in your signature. :)