News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NFL Lock Out - Who You Rooting For?

Started by 68X426, March 03, 2011, 12:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

NFL MegaMillionaires versus NFL Billionaires. Rooting for either side? Do you care?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

nvrbdn

im a football freak.  dont want a strike. hockey is ok in a pinch, dont do baseball or basketball. hate golf , love nascar, but when football is over, im chewing fingernails till september. without football you might as well be sliding rocks on ice or rolling big balls at each other. boreing.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TK73

I'm pulling for the fans... only 5 months to preseason   :2thumbs:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Dans 68

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 03, 2011, 01:00:33 AM
im a football freak.  dont want a strike. hockey is ok in a pinch, dont do baseball or basketball. hate golf , love nascar, but when football is over, im chewing fingernails till september. without football you might as well be sliding rocks on ice or rolling big balls at each other. boreing.

Well, I'm a baseball freak (go World Champion Giants!).  I really don't care either way regarding a football strike (there is always college football in a pinch). Hockey is second to baseball (go Sharks). I don't do NBA basketball at all (College ball is the occasional exception). I like golf , used to love Nascar (back in the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" days), and like to watch womens gymnastics; but when baseball is over I'm chewing on my fingernails until the spring. I'll kinda watch Football when the playoffs start. Otherwise no.  :Twocents:.

Heck, I'll go with the owners. And it will be fun to watch the soap opera play out in the coming months.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

greenpigs

Not a big pro sports fan in general but I would go for the players.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Orange_Crush

I hope they BOTH lose

That way I don't have to deal with going to a party and having every third guy walk up to me and ask what the Panther's prospects are this year.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

nvrbdn

i have to agree with one thing though, the money is getting stupid. like pujols for the cards. if he gets 30 mil a year, he would get 40 grand for each time he walks to the plate and basically 10 grand for each pitch based on a four pitch at bat. that is based on playing every game of the year which we all know that wont happen because he will need about 30 days off during the year. now im not just picking on baseball even though there are several players already getting this kind of money, but all the sports are getting huge money. i think hockey is the most sane sport for the money and amount of games played. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Vainglory, Esq.

It's hard to root for either side when the whole thing is the product of a massively flawed legal framework.  But I'd have to say +1 for rooting for the fans.

(Though as far as I'm concerned, April can't get here quickly enough; bring on the baseball baby.)

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

64dartgt

I have to say the GAME. 

There are a number of things wrong right now that they need to fix.  They shouldn't have to pay $70MM for some rook who nevery played a snap, but at the same time going to 18 games without a roster is going to literally hurt people.

The owners have to be more senitive to the fact that the average career is 3 years and the lack of guarranteed contracts mean a player can really can get shafted if he gets hurt.  I doubt we will see guaranteed contracts nor am I an advocate of them (Julio Lugo anyone...anyone?  rats....thankfully the Sox finally got rid of him), but if there isn't some compromise on the rookies to allow the teams to stock more warm bodies at a reasonable price there is no way we get to 18 games.

dodgeboy67

i think they are all too greedy......they should all quit their damn whining

HITMAN 149

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on March 03, 2011, 06:07:58 PM
i think they are all too greedy......they should all quit their damn whining
:2thumbs:
actually did anyone hear what obama said when he was asked what he thought?? (and im NOT starting any type of political debate!!!) but he was right..... there are millions of people out of work.. worrying how they are going to pay their mtg to keep a dry roof over their families heads and feed them!!! these guys are all greeeeeedy!!! (all the sports!!) ALL that money to play a kids game!!!! and the shame of it all is these lil kids look up to them!!! they should be looking up to our troops, and our emergency service workers who sacrifice their lives EVERYDAY to protect people (half of which don't even like us!!! lol)  :angel:
:Twocents:
NY RANGERS, YANKEES AND GIANTS!!! lol
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

dodgeboy67

as far as the players go......i would be willing to bet there are some undrafted free agents who would be willing to play 18 or 20 or more games a season just to be on the field. i understand that its a violent game and all, but at some point the overpaid knuckleheads should realize that they are the ones who chose to play pro football. its not like they dont know the risks.. SO MAN UP AND PLAY..... OR RETIRE

the whole thing is just a steaming pile of BS

whether you side with the league, the players, or the owners.......the bottom line is that none of them can have success without the other 2.....100% split 3 ways is roughly 33.3% each.....

vancamp

get rid of both sides and televise more of the college games

Iceyone

I'm rooting for the vendors selling 10 dollar hot dogs to all the fools willing to pay that much.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal