News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting new challenger size comparison.

Started by WM23N1, January 03, 2006, 07:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

BLACKWOLF

more Motor=BIGGER CAR! plus, the engine isn't stuffed up under the dash and windshield.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

andy74

oh yeah,and [word unbecoming of a DC.com member] general motors :flame:

Language edit......what happened to the new years resoultion?

WM23N1

Quote from: andy74 on January 03, 2006, 09:09:34 PM
oh yeah,and [word unbecoming of a DC.com member]   general motors :flame:
looks like chrysler  [word unbecoming of a DC.com member] us with a 4 door charger

69charger2002

amen to that. my local dodge dealer has 11 now. small dealership. poor guys.. they just sit and sit. i make fun of every damn one i see on the road.. they probably have no idea why. mostly soccer moms and 30 somethings who for some reason think it makes them cool. don't know why i harass them, i guess it relieves inner stress i have built up from hatred that they produced it the way they did
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger_Fan

Quote from: andy74 on January 03, 2006, 09:09:34 PM
oh yeah,and [word unbecoming of a DC.com member] general motors :flame:

Language edit......what happened to the new years resoultion?
Couldn't quiiite make it that 3rd day. :haha:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

Well,  in todays terms the chally is gonna still be baised on a large car (LX) platform, not a midsize B-bod or A-bod compact like the originals were.. (baracuda) like if the original chally was baised on a C-body... it's just gonna be a bit shorter wheelbase... so it's actually gonna be quite big compared to the mustang which is baised on the Jag x-type / lincoln Ls platform...
but the new camaro should be baised on the new GM international rear-wheel drive mid-size platform... i think it's a German Opel... but it's also suppose to underpin the new GTO and a Caddy too.

Daytona R/T SE

I hope it is a BIG car :yesnod:   Mopar hasn't made a decent sized two door car since they axed the Dodge Magnum in '79 :flame:   If I can fit my 6'4" 300 lb fat white ass in it, I might just be in the market for a new car in '08   ;D

Brock Samson

ChargerBill

I was looking at those comparisons at top and they just didn't look right to me. Someone just slapped them together without making accurate measurements...and whoever did it left the Camaro too small, the Mustang too small and the Challenger WAY too small. I used MM and came up with this:

Also, keep in mind, if the '06 Mustang here had 20" wheels on it like the Chally then the Challenger wouldn't look nearly that much bigger...but obviously someone wasn't too concerned with comparing apples to apples.
Life is a highway...

andy74

sorry about the f bomb, but that is a gm site,what did any one expect?friiging camaros didnt sell because you had to fold yourself damn near in half to get in the back seat,and most people actually do use it! they are all just upset that we are finally gettinga  decent looking new car,not that fugly gto,or ferd(,not to mention the 06)

Brock Samson

WM23N1

Quote from: andy74 on January 04, 2006, 12:29:59 PM
sorry about the f bomb, but that is a gm site,what did any one expect?friiging camaros didnt sell because you had to fold yourself damn near in half to get in the back seat,and most people actually do use it! they are all just upset that we are finally gettinga   decent looking new car,not that fugly gto,or ferd(,not to mention the 06)
Did you actually read anything or did you just smash your keyboard when Camaro z28 popped up? Most of them actually like the car "they" just cant believe chrysler is going to make it so big.

Blakcharger440

Yep, I too have been to ummmm..some other boards and found out that Chebby an Ford guys likey it too!
Rather they are a little pissed that Chrysler is actually doing a sweet retro-musclecar rather than their brand.
Oops forgot the Mustang which by the way I think is a pretty good retro design also...just not as good as the Chally if they make it.

Brock Samson

ford has the mustang and chevys building a camaro so why are they pissed again?..

TheGhost

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 04, 2006, 07:32:03 PM
Yep, I too have been to ummmm..some other boards and found out that Chebby an Ford guys likey it too!
Rather they are a little pissed that Chrysler is actually doing a sweet retro-musclecar rather than their brand.
Oops forgot the Mustang which by the way I think is a pretty good retro design also...just not as good as the Chally if they make it.

Most of the brand X guys I've talked to like it, although a few said they would rather wait for the Camaro to decide.  Meh, can't fault them for being loyal.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

FastbackJon

The first comparison had all the cars rear bumpers at the same place, so of course the Challenger looked longer as the length of the front sticking out was more noticeable. Bill's comparison had the cars centered over each other, so you don't notice as much of an overhang from one to the other.

The new Challenger is bigger than the '70 Challenger too.

I'm still a hard core Two Door Charger Supremacist.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

plum500

Just wish it wasn't 2 inches narrower -- but I suppose that's really not too bad, and I still think they did a great job -- and all-in-all it doesn't seem to have that tall bubble look of the LXs. This is (presumed to be) on the LY platform though isn't it? Wheelbase shorter by 4 inches at 116.

Also be interesting to see how flexible (as speculated) this platform will be in terms of production and what other sheet metal it may wear.

andy74

Daytona Guy

I think that this Challenger is freaking awesome. I would buy it in a heart beat. Would not change a thing. When Dodge finally gets it right you have to take your hat off to them. The Imperial on the other hand is the most butt ugly thing I have ever seen, but then again they are being consistent to the 70's era of ugly Imperials (barges/boats)

ChargerBill

Quote from: FastbackJon on January 05, 2006, 03:34:20 AM
The first comparison had all the cars rear bumpers at the same place, so of course the Challenger looked longer as the length of the front sticking out was more noticeable. Bill's comparison had the cars centered over each other, so you don't notice as much of an overhang from one to the other.

The new Challenger is bigger than the '70 Challenger too.

I'm still a hard core Two Door Charger Supremacist.

John, the bumpers aligned wasn't the only problem. Whoever did the size comparison before didn't use proper measurements. The red boxes I superimposed were actually all created first (without the pics of the cars) and THEN I resized the cars to make the center hubs line up directly on the corners of the red box.

Yeah, the concept is a bit larger than the '70 Challenger - the '70's wheelbase is 110

Life is a highway...

yellowcuda

dang...another car that will squeeze so tight in the house garage that I have to open the garage door to walk to the other side. :(

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Ghoste

That's too funny Shelley.  My garage at home has been carefully marked out so I know exactly where to park the Charger and leave enough room to get around the front and work on either side.  And just get the door closed.