News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with checking out a Charger in Rockford IL.

Started by bakerhillpins, March 02, 2011, 10:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

All

As the title says, Anyone in the Rockford IL area that could check out a car for me? I can compensate for gas/time/etc. Respond here or PM me. This is a rather time sensitive situation so please let me know when you would be available when you respond.  :cheers: If you can view the car during before the weekend that is a huge bonus!!

Thanks!
Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

tsmithae

I am based in the Rockford area but won't be back there until the 13th or so...
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

TUFCAT

Three million an episode take it or leave it!!!  ....oops, wrong thread.  :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: tsmithae on March 02, 2011, 10:12:00 PM
I am based in the Rockford area but won't be back there until the 13th or so...

I suspect that it will not wait that long. If I can't get someone in there before you get back Ill PM you.

Thanks
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 02, 2011, 10:17:33 PM
Three million an episode take it or leave it!!!  ....oops, wrong thread.  :2thumbs:

Hey, are you trying to get this thread locked?   :boxing_smiley:      ;D
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

472 R/T SE

Surprised that General Lee factory hasn't beat you.  Good luck.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 02, 2011, 10:24:18 PM
Surprised that General Lee factory hasn't beat you.  Good luck.

Thanks! I'm stressin right now..   :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

To top it off I am up at 4am tonight to catch a flight to FL on business.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

PocketThunder

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 02, 2011, 10:27:40 PMTo top it off I am up at 4am tonight to catch a flight to FL on business.

Just have your flight re-routed through Chicago for 4 hours....  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 02, 2011, 10:58:00 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 02, 2011, 10:27:40 PMTo top it off I am up at 4am tonight to catch a flight to FL on business.

Just have your flight re-routed through Chicago for 4 hours....  :scratchchin:

Can't, I have to be in Gainesville at noon to unload the equipment from the semi.

Ill be there until the 11th so I could reroute the return trip if needed.  :scratchchin: [edit]  I think I am getting ahead of myself... solve the first problem and then move on to the others.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

A car that fits like 95% of my wanted list and the last one (last spring) like this went in under 3 days.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

nvrbdn

im 5 hrs away by st. louis. tryin to talk the wife into a road trip, she's not being too cooperative yet. :smilielol: im still tryin
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 02, 2011, 11:24:08 PM
im 5 hrs away by st. louis. tryin to talk the wife into a road trip, she's not being too cooperative yet. :smilielol: im still tryin

WOW dude, that's a haul just to check out a car!  :yesnod:  Don't get yourself into too much trouble with the Mrs. I am to talk with he owner again tomorrow in the AM to see what his viewing schedule is.

Thanks!  :cheers:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

nvrbdn

well, mopar city is in rockford also :2thumbs: mabey someone closer will jump in though.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 02, 2011, 11:46:39 PM
well, mopar city is in rockford also :2thumbs: mabey someone closer will jump in though.

:2thumbs: for the effort! If it's meant to be it will all work out!  Thanks.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

PocketThunder

Here you go, this member is in Rockford.  bronzeonsteelies  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2448

Start e-mailing every guy in this thread if you dont have someone yet.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,54761.msg608163.html#msg608163

you can thank me later..   :icon_smile_big:
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

rustafarian

I'd be glad to help
bob 708-860-5776
I can go Friday AM
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

TheAutoArchaeologist

bakerhillpins

Guys

I just got back to my Hotel room from the field - where we have no net access.

Quote from: Devil on March 03, 2011, 04:04:32 PM
The craigslist ad is gone?  Did you buy it?

Well, that explains why he didn't answer/return any of my calls today. Lost another one. That Sux..

Everyone that was willing to help ----- Thanks, I appreciate your time!   :cheers:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

This isn't the first time (its actually the 4th time) and it probably will not be the last.  :-\  One of these days a deal like that might actually show up close enough to me that I don't have to try to "work something out".  :P

Ill get my Charger someday!  :drive:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

472 R/T SE

I don't know how many times that happened to me.  Always a day late & dollar short.   A couple times I paid services' to go look at rides only to have the seller move the car.

Crazy part being I was looking at cars out east.  I got a new Hemmings (no internet back then) & found my 4 gear R/T 150 miles away.  I jumped all over it & by the weekend it was in my garage.

PocketThunder

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 03, 2011, 06:57:41 PM
Guys

I just got back to my Hotel room from the field - where we have no net access.

Quote from: Devil on March 03, 2011, 04:04:32 PM
The craigslist ad is gone?  Did you buy it?

Well, that explains why he didn't answer/return any of my calls today. Lost another one. That Sux..

Everyone that was willing to help ----- Thanks, I appreciate your time!   :cheers:

What the Firetruck!!!!!!    :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  Next time buy it right away and worry about seeing it later....  i'm spent.....  :-X

bakerhillpins

What do you want man?   :scratchchin:  I don't buy it fast enough....   :RantExplode:  or I buy it without looking at it and I get blasted for stupid shopping.  :slap:

Ya sound like the wife...  :smilielol:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

472 R/T SE

I know that after a while a person starts getting desperate.  Just stick with your morals & don't settle just because.

You're the one that's spending the money.  Never know, it could take another week or years from now.