News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Do You Carry and Conceal

Started by chargerboy69, March 02, 2011, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Thanks to all that responded to my question.  Yesterday I picked up a new Ruger LCP for my carry and conceal.  Very small, and lightweight.  This is one I can just stick in my pocket.  If you go too large, after a while you may end up leaving it at home because it is just to bulky to carry around.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

jb666

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 13, 2011, 10:45:17 AM
Thanks to all that responded to my question.  Yesterday I picked up a new Ruger LCP for my carry and conceal.  Very small, and lightweight.  This is one I can just stick in my pocket.  If you go too large, after a while you may end up leaving it at home because it is just to bulky to carry around.

VERY nice piece. Have you been out to fire a few rounds?? You'll be impressed.  :2thumbs:

chargerboy69

Quote from: jb666 on March 13, 2011, 04:57:17 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 13, 2011, 10:45:17 AM

VERY nice piece. Have you been out to fire a few rounds?? You'll be impressed.  :2thumbs:

Yep nice little gun.  I will order the Crimson Tracer for it tomorrow.

Have not fired it yet, but bought 300 rounds of practice ammo yesterday.  I am hoping to get to the range next week.  My brother is a State Conservation Officer and we can use the range for the troopers anytime we want.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Tilar

The only C&C I have is the second amendment. Here is one I just bought.  9mm, 17+1

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr9/specSheets/3301.html

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

John_Kunkel

"Loaded chamber indicator" or no, I just can't own a handgun without an exposed hammer.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Tilar

Dave  

ck1

I like a hammer to, its a secondairy intimidation factor and with the hammer cocked back the trigger pull is usually easier, like 2 to 3 pounds appose to a heavier pull 6 to 7 pounds, lighter the pull the more accurate, but u can always have the trigger adjusted on any gun.  The little trigger safety on trigger always bugged me on Glocks and it looks like its on this Ruger, makes no sense to me, that's why you keep your trigger finger along the frame, slide tell your ready to shoot, all in all its just personal preference............
CJK

oldgold69

i hear they're coming out with a new gun in honor of obama.  they're going to call it the union worker
it doesn't work and you can't fire it 

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: oldgold69 on April 03, 2011, 11:09:02 AM
i hear they're coming out with a new gun in honor of obama.  they're going to call it the union worker
:smilielol:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

stripedelete

Quote from: ck1 on April 03, 2011, 10:25:47 AM
I like a hammer to, its a secondairy intimidation factor

Don't pull it out unless you're going to pull the trigger. And then you'd better be able to prove that you had absolutely no other option. Or, you is "goin' to da' big house".

In the eyes of the law conceal carry is about defense.  If you have time cock the hammer (in order to intimidate) you had time to run like hell.  Otherwise you're just playing Dirty Harry.  

I also wonder how those who conceal carry "hand-cannons" or guns high ammo capacity, might be viewed by a judge or jury.  Bernard Goetz comes to mind.

Ck1, not picking one you, I'm just throwing out a couple of things that some who CC, and some that might, can consider.  
:Twocents:

Chargen69

there is a lot of police officers who  say they never pulled theirs, i personally hope never to do that.  however, i have been mistaken by a drugs dealers twice as a buyer (camry is a common car) and have been followed most of the way home twice (of course, took measures to loose them), if i cant get away, I'm gonna feel better having it with me.  thing most dangerous thing is gonna be hurting somebody else by not being careful whats behind the target

ck1

Quote from: stripedelete on April 03, 2011, 11:24:31 AM

Don't pull it out unless you're going to pull the trigger. And then you'd better be able to prove that you had absolutely no other option. Or, you is "goin' to da' big house".

In the eyes of the law conceal carry is about defense.  If you have time cock the hammer (in order to intimidate) you had time to run like hell.  Otherwise you're just playing Dirty Harry.  

I also wonder how those who conceal carry "hand-cannons" or guns high ammo capacity, might be viewed by a judge or jury.  Bernard Goetz comes to mind.

Ck1, not picking one you, I'm just throwing out a couple of things that some who CC, and some that might, can consider.  

cool your not picking on me, I was just giving a explanation on why some one would want a hammer on there gun, since my writting skills are poor at best I can see how its miss interpreted like that's why I would like it, it just seems more like a gun with a hammer to me, and I didn't ask for a lecture on the law or what if's scenario's that don't mean nothing tell decided by a jury, so I guess that was directed to some one else that might asked about it?
CJK

stripedelete

Quote from: ck1 on April 03, 2011, 12:56:50 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on April 03, 2011, 11:24:31 AM

cool your not picking on me, I was just giving a explanation on why some one would want a hammer on there gun, since my writting skills are poor at best I can see how its miss interpreted like that's why I would like it, it just seems more like a gun with a hammer to me, and I didn't ask for a lecture on the law or what if's scenario's that don't mean nothing tell decided by a jury, so I guess that was directed to some one else that might asked about it?

Exactly!  Not try rub anyone.  Just a good opening to throw out some food for thought to everybody. :2thumbs: 

Tilar

This is the first pistol that i've had that didn't have a hammer, I was asking to see what the advantage of a hammer might be, if any.

Quote from: oldgold69 on April 03, 2011, 11:09:02 AM

:rofl:

Dave  

John_Kunkel

With an exposed hammer you know exactly what the status of the piece is. Without it you can't be sure.

My latest is a CZ 97B.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Tilar

Nice looking CZ. I have a CZ 222 that I love shooting, and it is VERY accurate. More accurate than my mini 14.
Dave  

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dkn1997

Quote from: doctor4766 on March 07, 2011, 05:58:37 AM
Hard to imagine just what sort of society you all are living in when you need to carry guns on a daily basis.
Yeah we get a few lowlifes down here in Oz too but gees I gotta tell ya, I'm so glad we aren't living in the wild west like it seems you are.

It's all relative to where you live.... I live on Long Island, NY.  I could be wrong, and I can't quote the law, but it seems like basically nobody around here carries/conceals unless it's occupational or off duty cop, etc..  I have a buddy who has a permit.  Not a cop or any occupation where he needs one, He's clean as a whistle, but it took a year and he had to basically provide his whole history from conception till age 40.  He's certainly not allowed to carry and conceal.  I'd bet that if you had access to the numbers, barely anyone carries a gun, including cops/guards/armed couriers, etc... It's easy to look at this thread and say "everyone has one" but I doubt it.  True, there's something like 40-50% of households report having guns, but that doesn't mean handguns or that they necessarily leave the home...  I was just commenting on how many people are actually out there walking around with a rocket in their pocket. 

I don't mean to offend any of you gun owners by asking this, but can you really do it? really pull that trigger?  do you think that 100% of cops could even say yes to that?  They should but even in law enforcement, I'm sure not all men are created equal.
RECHRGED

twodko

My credit card. I also have a Colt semi-auto .45. Nothing more to say on this subject because once something is out there in cyberland its permanent if you get my meaning.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

HITMAN 149

hey bro...
yes i can say up here in the NJ/NY area.... you AREN'T getting a carry permit fast OR easy like some other states!!!! basically ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT carry LEGALLY anyways!!! lol and even WE are restricted to our stupid liberal states gun laws!!!  :flame: my now wife had to leave her WALTHER (that she used to carry down there!!) down in N.C.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

and to the other part of your post.... i agree with you.. it's easy to play monday morning QB & say "OHHHH HELL YEA i would deff pull the trigger!!!" but untill your in that situation YOU JUST DON"T KNOW!!! and also the ramifications for pulling that trigger are astronomical!!! private person OR law enforcement also!!!! i personally can say if it comes down to someone else or ME..... im going home to my family!!!!  :angel:
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

dkn1997

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 06, 2011, 07:38:18 PM
hey bro...
yes i can say up here in the NJ/NY area.... you AREN'T getting a carry permit fast OR easy like some other states!!!! .....

Not when your from Jersey and call yourself HITMAN!   :2guns:
RECHRGED

moparguy01

If I had to choose between pulling the trigger or seeing myself or loved ones hurt, I feel I could pull it.

Like said above, if you have time to announce to someone your carrying, you have enough time to attempt an escape. Another thing I was taught is that if you are in a situation you may need to use it. Call 911 and throw the phone down. Continue to shout that you don't want to fight and to leave you alone. If you do pull the trigger, the police's own recording to back up your story.

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

mauve66

so the law would rather you start to run away and get shot in the back than defend yourself??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

HITMAN 149

hey mauve....
yes basically... as a private citizen (not law enforcement) you have to try and "escape" or "retreat" if you can. NJ law anyways.. yes its ridiculous. but when they investigate the shooting, they will say 'well... you could have ducked into this open doorway right here!!!" lol  :icon_smile_blackeye:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/