News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Do You Carry and Conceal

Started by chargerboy69, March 02, 2011, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancamp

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 04, 2011, 08:44:14 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 04, 2011, 05:30:52 PM
Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 04, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Ive had my 12 judged many times, favorably.  :lol:

I have a modest 3 inches but most women can't take it that wide.
all this and no one has mentioned carrying a magnum or shooting blanks yet.

mikesbbody

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 04, 2011, 07:11:00 PM
hahahaha lmfao!!!  :smilielol:
ohhh yesssss i have stories... but just like charger steve alluded to... those are stories over some beers... not really a public forum!! muahahahaha
:cheers:

Fair enough  :lol: Everyone send Hitman some of these  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  :lol:

ACUDANUT

clanton

When Im back in the States I carry, a Beretta Cheatah, and a switchblade. I like the beretta INOX, so I'll be getting one of those. I use Glazzers, on the .380, to make sure they feel it.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

twodko

This just in...............Add Steve to the "funniest lines" list.  :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 04, 2011, 08:44:14 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 04, 2011, 05:30:52 PM
Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 04, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Ive had my 12 judged many times, favorably.  :lol:

I have a modest 3 inches but most women can't take it that wide.

I once met a girl who told me "I only date guys with 9" ones". I said "sorry hun, but I aint cutting 3" off for you or anyone"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ac_knight

When I am on duyt with the PD, I carry a Glock 22 .40cal.  When I work security at the AMC movie theater I usually carry my Great Uncle's Colt .357 Trooper, that he carried way back ago on duty.  As a a concealed carry my wife carries a S&W 642 .38, I actually am looking at trying to get a Springfield EMP 1911 or a Para Warthog.  I am not a big fan of the Kel-tech or the Ruggr, and I dont like a 380.  When I never really concealed carry.  I usually just carried my Glock 22, but like I said I am looking into a small 1911 type pistol.  

As for the carry without a permit thing, I cant agree with all that.  Here in Indiana we have the option to open carry, so I like having the ability to check a permit to make sure it is all legal.  I am fine with the whole open carry thing, and I am a fan of private citizens carrying, as long as it is legal.  

As a holster you might look at a Crossbreed Supertuck, they are really nice.  I know a few people that swear by them.  My father -in- law carries his in a elastic holster around his chest, and he likes it.  It does make it hard to tell he is carrying.  

Mainly I would say to go and get a pistol that is dependable, and a Glock is definately that.  Do some research on line, then go to an arms dealer to actually hold the weapons.  It is one thing to like a weapon when you see it on the net, and another to actually get it in your hands.  You definately need to train with it, take it to a range and put alot of rounds through it.  You need to know how the thing works, and be able to do it under stress.  I have never pulled my weapon and pointed it at someone without there being stress involved.  

This is just my  :Twocents:

CB

Quote from: ac_knight on March 05, 2011, 04:12:05 PM
When I am on duyt with the PD, I carry a Glock 22 .40cal.  When I work security at the AMC movie theater I usually carry my Great Uncle's Colt .357 Trooper, that he carried way back ago on duty.  As a a concealed carry my wife carries a S&W 642 .38, I actually am looking at trying to get a Springfield EMP 1911 or a Para Warthog.  I am not a big fan of the Kel-tech or the Ruggr, and I dont like a 380.  When I never really concealed carry.  I usually just carried my Glock 22, but like I said I am looking into a small 1911 type pistol. 

As for the carry without a permit thing, I cant agree with all that.  Here in Indiana we have the option to open carry, so I like having the ability to check a permit to make sure it is all legal.  I am fine with the whole open carry thing, and I am a fan of private citizens carrying, as long as it is legal. 

As a holster you might look at a Crossbreed Supertuck, they are really nice.  I know a few people that swear by them.  My father -in- law carries his in a elastic holster around his chest, and he likes it.  It does make it hard to tell he is carrying. 

Mainly I would say to go and get a pistol that is dependable, and a Glock is definately that.  Do some research on line, then go to an arms dealer to actually hold the weapons.  It is one thing to like a weapon when you see it on the net, and another to actually get it in your hands.  You definately need to train with it, take it to a range and put alot of rounds through it.  You need to know how the thing works, and be able to do it under stress.  I have never pulled my weapon and pointed it at someone without there being stress involved. 

This is just my  :Twocents:

Thanks officer!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

KS71owner

I'm saving up for either a Springfield XD subcompact or a Beretta PX4. At this point I'm not sure which one I'd rather have, I like them both. The Walther PPS is really nice too, but I have pretty big hands so I like a wider pistol. After I figure out the firearm I want to carry I'll take my class. One of my coworkers carries a Glock 22.

ac_knight

Quote from: CB on March 05, 2011, 05:42:36 PM
Quote from: ac_knight on March 05, 2011, 04:12:05 PM
When I am on duyt with the PD, I carry a Glock 22 .40cal.  When I work security at the AMC movie theater I usually carry my Great Uncle's Colt .357 Trooper, that he carried way back ago on duty.  As a a concealed carry my wife carries a S&W 642 .38, I actually am looking at trying to get a Springfield EMP 1911 or a Para Warthog.  I am not a big fan of the Kel-tech or the Ruggr, and I dont like a 380.  When I never really concealed carry.  I usually just carried my Glock 22, but like I said I am looking into a small 1911 type pistol. 

As for the carry without a permit thing, I cant agree with all that.  Here in Indiana we have the option to open carry, so I like having the ability to check a permit to make sure it is all legal.  I am fine with the whole open carry thing, and I am a fan of private citizens carrying, as long as it is legal. 

As a holster you might look at a Crossbreed Supertuck, they are really nice.  I know a few people that swear by them.  My father -in- law carries his in a elastic holster around his chest, and he likes it.  It does make it hard to tell he is carrying. 

Mainly I would say to go and get a pistol that is dependable, and a Glock is definately that.  Do some research on line, then go to an arms dealer to actually hold the weapons.  It is one thing to like a weapon when you see it on the net, and another to actually get it in your hands.  You definately need to train with it, take it to a range and put alot of rounds through it.  You need to know how the thing works, and be able to do it under stress.  I have never pulled my weapon and pointed it at someone without there being stress involved. 

This is just my  :Twocents:

Thanks officer!

Yep, always glad to help

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 05, 2011, 10:26:42 AM
Desert Eagle 44 Mag Semi-auto.

A friend of mine conceals a .50 cal DE...      he's big enough to pull it off...   6'9 Marine...         

I personally carry (rarely conceal carry due to living in the republic of California) a glock 19 in 9mm...      just something to carry...        I don't like my Sig 226 for carrying...   pretty heavy and bulky for the job...       

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mauve66

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 02, 2011, 09:10:48 PM
GLOCK 26 compact 9mm holds 11rounds!! if you can't get em OR put em down with the first 10... save the last 1 for yourself!!! lol

the zombies are coming.............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Old Moparz

I keep a think rubber band around my wrist so it never far from reach & always ready.  I also carry a handful of paper clips broken in half, & always the jumbo size clips. I always took the time to file the end down where you break it because it lessened the chances of the rough end scraping your finger when you fire the clip. If anyone has ever squeezed a lemon into a drink when you have an open cut, then you definitely don't want that burning sting going on.

The small paper clips have a higher velocity & are more accurate if the wind is calm, but it's been my experience that the jumbo paper clips can leave a nice welt upon impact. The person who gets shot & gets a good welt will never forget that impression when he stares down an outstretched rubber band with a jumbo clip ready to launch.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

redmist

Quote from: TXcharger70 on March 03, 2011, 02:14:14 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on March 02, 2011, 07:44:48 PM
a Taurus 45\410 PUBLIC DEFENDER "the Judge" with a laser site.  :coolgleamA:
Now thats a gun. Thats a mean SOB

Those things are TERRIBLE.. haha!!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

doctor4766

Hard to imagine just what sort of society you all are living in when you need to carry guns on a daily basis.
Yeah we get a few lowlifes down here in Oz too but gees I gotta tell ya, I'm so glad we aren't living in the wild west like it seems you are.
Gotta love a '69

Shakey

Quote from: doctor4766 on March 07, 2011, 05:58:37 AM
Hard to imagine just what sort of society you all are living in when you need to carry guns on a daily basis.
Yeah we get a few lowlifes down here in Oz too but gees I gotta tell ya, I'm so glad we aren't living in the wild west like it seems you are.

That was kinda the point of my question earlier in the thread - "how many have actually had to pull out your gun".

I really don't think there is a "need" to carry a gun, most just feel better that they do.

Me personally, I don't need to carry a gun and if the area where I was living in warranted it, I'd move away.

chargermike

I HAVE NEVER HAD TO PULL MY GUN. would not unless i feel my life is in danger.  but carry a gun in case i need to. this is america were our worthless JUDGES not the police let crimanals go because they want money instead of justice. america where illegals and pussy gang bangers run free. AMERICA where local police are to busy giving money tickets instead of stoping crime. AMERICA where the crimanals have more rights than the people they harm. and to the cop who is not in favor of concelled carry. YOU SEEM TO HAVE MANY GUNS ON YOU ALL THE TIME. i dont trust the police to protect me. it takes 10 minutes to respond i could be dead in that time. the second amendment says i have the RIGHT TO OWN A GUN. i should never need goverment permission to carry a weapon.  i will give up carrying a gun when the goverment can protect me. and that will never happen. i am not a gun nut and have no love for guns. i dont bragg that i have one and never show it to anyone. its there just in case.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

I don't brag that I'm a Police Officer (Deputy Sheriff) aka "cop", but others do.  :nana: BTW it's never gotten me laid...Just the opposite..
All the hotties are wanting the naughty boys it seems...You should see these girls who come visit Inmates.  :brickwall:

Troy

I think the point is that you're less likely to need the gun if you're carrying one. Criminals prey on the (perceived) weak and defenseless. Just because people are carrying guns doesn't mean it's a lawless free-for-all. Not everyone carries a gun or even exercises their right to own one. I have several guns but have never been in a situation where I felt my life was threatened.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Troy on March 07, 2011, 10:13:05 AM
I think the point is that you're less likely to need the gun if you're carrying one. Criminals prey on the (perceived) weak and defenseless. Just because people are carrying guns doesn't mean it's a lawless free-for-all. Not everyone carries a gun or even exercises their right to own one. I have several guns but have never been in a situation where I felt my life was threatened.

Troy

Not even when you're at Carlisle & see some of those NOS prices?  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Troy

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 07, 2011, 10:29:47 AM
Quote from: Troy on March 07, 2011, 10:13:05 AM

Troy

Not even when you're at Carlisle & see some of those NOS prices?  :lol:
Those are entertaining!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

NHCharger

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 06, 2011, 06:25:24 PM
A friend of mine conceals a .50 cal DE...      he's big enough to pull it off...   6'9 Marine...        

6'9" and he needs to carry? Damn, I'm 5'6" and carry nothing but a large knife when I'm traveling.
Only time I wish I was carrying was in St. George, GA. A very large black dude entered my motel room at 5:30 AM demanding money while I was packing to leave (I was traveling alone). Lucky the only weapon he was brandishing was a Bud kinger. I managed to talk my way out for only 5 bucks.  
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Shakey

Quote from: NHCharger on March 07, 2011, 12:24:24 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 06, 2011, 06:25:24 PM
A friend of mine conceals a .50 cal DE...      he's big enough to pull it off...   6'9 Marine...        

6'9" and he needs to carry? Damn, I'm 5'6" and carry nothing but a large knife when I'm traveling.
Only time I wish I was carrying was in St. George, GA. A very large black dude entered my motel room at 5:30 AM demanding money while I was packing to leave (I was traveling alone). Lucky the only weapon he was brandishing was a Bud kinger. I managed to talk my way out for only 5 bucks.  

Can I make a suggestion - next time, spend a few extra bucks and stay in a nice hotel in a nice part of town!   :yesnod:

BTW- good job in smooth talking your way out of it!   :2thumbs:

ChgrSteve67

Understand I don't carry all of the time, only when I feel it is necessary.

If I need to take my wife to the bank at night to make a large deposit for her clients.
If I need to run an errand in the part of town people shouldn't be unless armed. (Gang Land)
When I go hunting / Camping
If I here noises outside and need to investigate.

If I don't want to advertize I conceal, if I want to advertize then I carry my 45 or 9mm on my hip or carry my 12 gauge.

I think you get the idea.

clanton

Quote from: Shakey on March 07, 2011, 07:27:48 AM
Quote from: doctor4766 on March 07, 2011, 05:58:37 AM

That was kinda the point of my question earlier in the thread - "how many have actually had to pull out your gun".

I really don't think there is a "need" to carry a gun, most just feel better that they do.

Me personally, I don't need to carry a gun and if the area where I was living in warranted it, I'd move away.

3 Brandish, 1 getto rat, 2 road ragers..
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.