News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Do You Carry and Conceal

Started by chargerboy69, March 02, 2011, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

I am in the market for a nice little semi-automatic to carry.  I have a Glock, but it is just to large to try to conceal.  I am looking at a Walther PPK/S, and there is not much about the gun I do not like.  I am also looking at a Kel Tec 380, but the grip is a bit short, and I like getting my entire fat hand around the grip. What are you carrying? What do you like/dislike about it? Any particular waistband holsters you prefer to use?
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bull

When I carry and conceal, which is almost never, I have a Ruger P94 .40 that fits in a fanny pack. It's too big though. If I were to carry all the time I'd get one of those 5-round S&W Airweight revolvers. If I were you I'd get a revolver. You don't want to be picking up brass in the dark, if you get my drift.

kr2006

I carry a KelTec 380 as a backup.  It's accurate for the 25 feet that I practice with, I use Winchester Ranger ammo

moparguy01

Being the stout fella that I am I carry a Taurus PT 1911.  For me the size isnt so hard to conceal, its the thickness of the weapon. The 1911 single stack is nice and narrow. I have considered picking up a Ruger LCP, but up north I rarely wear shorts or anything which requires a small weapon to conceal.

As far as holsters go, I prefer leather, and most of mine have been high end custom holsters, Milt Sparks, Mernickle Holsters, etc. My favorite being my Mernickle. I also have most every style I'd never need, IWB, OWB strongside, crossdraw, SOB, and shoulder. To vary what is needed with whatever I'm wearing that day.

And for what its worth, if you go the custom holster route, do not under any circumstances allow a significant other to find out the cost of such things. It won't work out well for you.

CB

The only piece I carry and conceal is the headed one, dressed left in the trouser leg  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ponch ®

Quote from: CB on March 02, 2011, 05:25:25 PM
The only piece I carry and conceal is the headed one, dressed left in the trouser leg  :icon_smile_big:

:haha:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

stripedelete

Ruger LCR.  Because, if it's too big and/or heavy you carry less, and revolvers don't let you down. I keep it loaded with +P hollow points.  I mostly carry it between my truck and my shop, so I just slide it in my or coat.  But, it fits easily in my front pocket.   My wife carries one too. 

maxwellwedge

Quote from: CB on March 02, 2011, 05:25:25 PM

:lol:

The only thing we are allowed to carry in Canada is our government health card!

jb666

My Colt .45 is what I carry daily...  If I'm wearing something that can't hide that, I keep my Russian Makarov on me.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just out of curiosity, what line of work are you guys in that you need to "carry & conceal" a weapon?

PS---CB :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2011, 06:34:13 PM
Just out of curiosity, what line of work are you guys in that you need to "carry & conceal" a weapon?

I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you. Sorry.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on March 02, 2011, 06:34:47 PM

Riiight....I guess what you told me was your profession was a lie to keep me alive???  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2011, 06:36:08 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 02, 2011, 06:34:47 PM

Riiight....I guess what you told me was your profession was a lie to keep me alive???  ;)
Exactly  :icon_smile_big: , now you're catching on!!  :yesnod:

Honestly, though? I'm just paranoid. When "Y2K" was coming and the monkeys were going to take over the world, I bought all the hype.. I went out and stocked up on OVER 20k rounds of ammo for 18 different weapons. I was convinced the world's food and water supply would dry  up and people would be trying to kill for these items. I was ready and welcoming the visitors with open arms.

Brock Samson

they carry incase some kid at a car show touches their paintjob trying to see in the General,.. then it's SHOWTIME!  :lol:

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 02, 2011, 06:46:37 PM
they carry incase some kid at a car show touches their paintjob trying to see in the General,.. then it's SHOWTIME!  :lol:

Oh good God... Do you EVER give up?

:lol:

pipeliner

Before I shot somebody I use to carry a snub nose 38 special S&W.

stripedelete

PS---CB :cheers:

Waste management........  :whistling:

TXcharger70

I carry a .45 sub compact Taurus but i leave it in the truck most the time looking for something even smaller that is less bulky

thedodgeboys

a Taurus 45\410 PUBLIC DEFENDER "the Judge" with a laser site.  :coolgleamA:

vancamp

for concealed a Ruger LCP .380  for non concealed a springfield 1911 .45

68coronetGLwannabe

Either way a Kel Tec 9mm.

(Truck Driver)
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

HITMAN 149

GLOCK 26 compact 9mm holds 11rounds!! if you can't get em OR put em down with the first 10... save the last 1 for yourself!!! lol
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

chargerboy69

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 02, 2011, 09:10:48 PM
GLOCK 26 compact 9mm holds 11rounds!! if you can't get em OR put em down with the first 10... save the last 1 for yourself!!! lol

Just looked at one.  Glock makes a heck of a gun.  The Glock 26 is now on the short list.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

HITMAN 149

hey bro...
yea i love it... nice & compact!! i forget i even have it on me sometimes!!! lol
on duty i carry a GLOCK 19, 15+1
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/