News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Go Longhorns !!!!!

Started by hemi68charger, January 03, 2006, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Man, I love my Longhorns !!!!  Hook'em 'Horns!!!!

:punkrocka:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chris G.

I'm with you Troy. I'm a Big 12 guy as well. Herbie says...Hook'em Horns.  :METAL:

I will puke if USC wins again...Yes Vainglory, I will puke.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 03, 2006, 07:32:45 PM
I'm with you Troy. I'm a Big 12 guy as well. Herbie says...Hook'em Horns.  :METAL:

What I love, is that my '70 six pack Charger with be white with burnt orange interior.......    :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Chris G.

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 03, 2006, 07:37:05 PM
What I love, is that my '70 six pack Charger with be white with burnt orange err Green interior.......      :icon_smile_big:

Troy

Read your quote again. I agree with you now.   :yesnod: :P

Ponch ®

better have a puke bucket ready.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chris G.

Quote from: Ponch on January 03, 2006, 07:41:59 PM

better have a puke bucket ready.

I'll wait 'till tomorrow for a response.

BTW, call me when YOUR (Not Vains) Raiders beat us or anybody for that matter. You probably liked UCLA before you met your hubby. I guess swimmers do stroke better than others.   ;)

hemi68charger

Troy

Ponch ®

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 03, 2006, 07:51:29 PM

I'll wait 'till tomorrow for a response.

BTW, call me when YOUR (Not Vains) Raiders beat us or anybody for that matter. You probably liked UCLA before you met your hubby. I guess swimmers do stroke better than others.   ;)

"Beat us"?

Sounds like an awful lot of people to me...

And I wont take the bait and discuss intimate details of our private life.

hemi68charger

OK,, let's not turn MY thread into something else...  :o 

:icon_smile_big:
Troy

Chris G.

Quote from: Ponch on January 03, 2006, 07:56:57 PM

I'm sure he's thinking of you during this very busy time. He'll be home soon sweetie.   :'( Don't you worry your pretty self about it. Remember, if he screws around you get half.

Anyway...Go TX.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 03, 2006, 08:05:35 PM
Quote from: Ponch on January 03, 2006, 07:56:57 PM

I'm sure he's thinking of you during this very busy time. He'll be home soon sweetie.  :'( Don't you worry your pretty self about it. Remember, if he screws around you get half.

Anyway...Go TX.

no you didn't......

Ponch ®

Took SC all of 2.5 minutes to get in the endzone

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch on January 04, 2006, 08:34:56 PM

Yeah, but what about halftime.. What'z up?    :icon_smile_big:
Troy

RD

GO LONGHORNS!!!! BIG 12 BABY!!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bananabeast

I'm from TX and I say SC is gonna win  UT blows ; I've always taken A&M over UT , and I'd take Texas Tech over both of those . My passion against UT came around probably when MajorA$wipe (applewhite) played for them.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69bananabeast on January 04, 2006, 11:28:52 PM
I'm from TX and I say SC is gonna win  UT blows ; I've always taken A&M over UT , and I'd take Texas Tech over both of those . My passion against UT came around probably when MajorA$wipe (applewhite) played for them.

Dude, he's gone... Ya gotta get over it !!!!!!

HOOK'EM 'HORNS !!!!!

WE WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Number ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Troy

RD

GO TEXAS!!!! 41-38  WOO HOO DOWN WITH USC!!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch on January 04, 2006, 08:34:56 PM

Sorry Ponch...    :icon_smile_big:
Troy

hemi68charger

The tower will be lit tonight...
Troy

Ponch ®

damn man...that was a hell of a comeback,

Congrats!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch on January 05, 2006, 12:37:43 AM

Congrats!

Thanks Bud...... USC's going to start another streak I'm sure...........

Troy
Troy

Ponch ®

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 05, 2006, 12:39:24 AM
Quote from: Ponch on January 05, 2006, 12:37:43 AM

Congrats!

Thanks Bud...... USC's going to start another streak I'm sure...........

Troy

and as a bonus, y'all get Bush next year.

Vainglory, Esq.

I'm calling B.S.  The refs handed the Longwhores a touchdown when the quarterback's knees were clearly down before the pitch.  Nobody missed it but the referees.  Let's see - Texas "wins" by 3 and they had 6 illegitimate points?  I wanted to see it done by the players, not the refs.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Vainglory on January 05, 2006, 01:28:52 AM
I'm calling B.S.  The refs handed the Longwhores a touchdown when the quarterback's knees were clearly down before the pitch.  Nobody missed it but the referees.  Let's see - Texas "wins" by 3 and they had 6 illegitimate points?  I wanted to see it done by the players, not the refs.

i would have brought that up...but the refs were horrible on both sides. There was that interception by Texas that they called incomplete.

sorry for your loss man...the Kostritzer is on me next time.

RD

Quote from: Ponch on January 05, 2006, 01:30:36 AM
I'm calling B.S.   The refs handed the Longwhores a touchdown when the quarterback's knees were clearly down before the pitch.   Nobody missed it but the referees.   Let's see - Texas "wins" by 3 and they had 6 illegitimate points?   I wanted to see it done by the players, not the refs.

i would have brought that up...but the refs were horrible on both sides. There was that interception by Texas that they called incomplete.

sorry for your loss man...the Kostritzer is on me next time.

:iagree:

Recharger

I'm calling B.S.   The refs handed the Longwhores a touchdown when the quarterback's knees were clearly down before the pitch.   Nobody missed it but the referees.   Let's see - Texas "wins" by 3 and they had 6 illegitimate points?   I wanted to see it done by the players, not the refs.

Definitely a blown call, but I wouldn't call it a game changing call by any means.   That guy would have been down on the one or two yard line.   The way they marched up and down the field, the only thing that blown call did was keep a few extra seconds on the clock.   I don't think it was that big a deal.   Not like a mistaken turnover call or something.  

Chris G.

Oh Vain, I've been in your position before. It's tough taking that first loss in a long time, but your coach could have easily taken a timeout to get that play reviewed. Did the refs blow that lead in the 4th quarter? Create whatever scenario you want, but fact is your team blew a nice 4th quarter lead in a home game.  

I think the whole reply thing is crazy. It seems like every other play there is a review.

Anyway, USC is still gonna be strong next year. I hear the next QB in line is really good. Thankfully Pete Carroll is staying. It would be funny to watch him flop in the NFL again, but I think he knows he's a college coach and nothing more.

Big 12 has mowed down the competition this year.   :2thumbs:

ps- Ponch keep the bucket playa.   :icon_smile_kisses:

hemi68charger

Oh Gezzz,, well, let's not forget the interception we made that wasn't called that eventually led to a USC touchdown...... Plz !!!!  We beat 'em....

Troy

UT, class of '97
Troy

MOPARHOUND!

I was a KU/K-State fan cheering on the Longhorn's last night.   Go Big-12.

The knee down too me wasn't that big of a deal, it would have been at least 1st down, or 1st and goal.

I have to admit when USC went up 12, I headed to the garage to twist bolts on a 440.   The wife said Texas had scored another touchdown, so I came back in to watch the rest.

The 4th down plays in the 4th quarter were ones for the ages.   Texas' defense stopped USC on 4th and 2, and then Vince and the Texas' offense did the rest, capped by a touchdown with 19 seconds left on a 4th down play for the Longhorns.   USC makes the 1st down, it's over, USC stops Texas on 4th down, it's over.  Big clutch plays on both sides of the ball by Texas. 

Bush is flashy, but doesn't look like an every down player (he was on the sidelines on some running plays??).   Leinart uncharacteristically seemed a sore loser with his "we're the better team" comment after the game.   I would have voted for USC's running back White for MVP of the game if they had won.  

69bananabeast, Franchione was my college football coach at Pittsburg State (Kansas).
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

RD

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on January 05, 2006, 02:11:35 PM
I was a KU/K-State fan cheering on the Longhorn's last night.   Go Big-12.

Leinart uncharacteristically seemed a sore loser with his "we're the better team" comment after the game.  

I would have voted for USC's running back White for MVP of the game if they had won.  

I totally agree on all three points  :icon_smile_big:

Ponch ®

I started to have a bad feeling about the game when Bush had the brainfart and tried to do a lateral.

Vainglory, Esq.

I'm just a bad loser.  Being that I started my USC career in the Paul Hackett era when we were losing each season, my last three years have been a golden age, and I can appreciate them so much more.  Plus, the fact that I'm leaving USC in a few months - I really wanted my team to go out on a high note.  But I'm sticking to my guns on the illegitimate 6 points thing.  Yes, USC should have called time out, but they had stopped Texas several times before, and they were still about 12 yards out where the qb's knee went down.  I am so disappointed in the officiating of this game; had it been completely clear, it would be easier (although still nowhere near easy for me) to concede.  The whole game has thrown me into a weird mood.

Anyway, USC will be back big next year.  Their new QB - who I did a team project with in my last class, incidentally - was the number one QB recruit 3 years ago, so he should be able to pick it right up.  Maybe we'll lose a game or two along the way, but I'll try my damndest not to be ungrateful for a 12-win season.

Chris G.

Quote from: Vainglory on January 05, 2006, 06:39:14 PM
I'm just a bad loser.  

So am I dude.

Do you know how painful it was in '93 when the Huskers lost to Florida State. We were so f-ing close and we got some bad calls as well. After that I thought NU was untouchable. '94 was a great year and '95 fielded one of the greatest college teams of all time (IMO). After that, it was tough in '96 watching them get shut out in AZ, but they bounced back in '97...and since then it's been a rough road. :-\   I still have a hard time watching them pass on most downs. It's freaky.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Vainglory on January 05, 2006, 06:39:14 PM
- I really wanted my team to go out on a high note.   

and they did.

topduarte

Hook 'em Horns!!! ;D

Lost my voice and had a hell of a hangover this morning!!!

Going to see them light the tower "#1" this weekend!!

There were bad calls on boths sides.  With about 6 minutes left, I thought it was almost over.

We finally stopped White and Vince had his shot and took advantage of it!!!

I hate losing also!  I would have been in not so good a mood if Texas had lost!!

UT Class of 91!!!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: topduarte on January 05, 2006, 08:27:28 PM
Hook 'em Horns!!! ;D

Lost my voice and had a hell of a hangover this morning!!!

Going to see them light the tower "#1" this weekend!!

There were bad calls on boths sides.  With about 6 minutes left, I thought it was almost over.

We finally stopped White and Vince had his shot and took advantage of it!!!

I hate losing also!  I would have been in not so good a mood if Texas had lost!!

UT Class of 91!!!!

Man, you wouldn't have happened to take a picture of the tower lit up?

Troy
Troy