News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 hi po parts

Started by HemiMk, January 03, 2006, 07:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemiMk

I was wondering about adding performance to my 78 318 rebuilt block with the 73 original heads and intake, etc. from my 1973 dodge charger coupe.  Besides 4 bbl carb, alum. intake, hooker headers with x pipe and magnaflow custom 2 1/2 exhaust.....What else can i do to max out my performance levels but still get livable gas mileage...

Any response would be helpful
Thanks alot

HemiMk :P

HemiMk

Plumcrazy

A MP camshaft #4452757 or something very similar from another manufacturer would be my next change.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Rocky

Upgrade the heads.  I'd recomend the Magnum swap, especially for a 318.

HemiMk

HemiMk

Do the Magnum Heads have too big of intake, exhaust valves and will mess up compression???

Rocky

The Magnum heads are the same for the 5.2 (318) and the 5.9 (360).  The combustion chamber is about 10cc smaller on the magnum heads.  It should be a great improvement over the '73 heads.

Chryco Psycho

the other option is the highly effecient 302 castings from 87-92 truckengines , they have a smaller heart shaped chamber & are a high velocity head

HemiMk

Good point....Thanks for the info....

HemiMk