News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Decided to sell my 1970 charger (SOLD)

Started by kokxville, February 28, 2011, 06:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Well,after a long time thinking what to do,today i finally decided to sell my 1970 charger 500 383 2bbl wich i have for 11 years now.I started a nut and bolt resto,but i have no room for it anymore.I moved the charger in this time to 5 differend locations to put him in storage and to work on it,and now i have to move it again because there's no room for my car anymore.I've had it.
It hurts to see it go,but someday i will buy another charger with less work than this one.It's still my #1 muscle car ever build.
On the brightside,i can save my money on storage to spend in the future for another "Done" charger.That's what keeps me going now.

John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

70 Charger RT

Post it in the for sale section with pictures and price.

Sorry you have to sell it.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

ACUDANUT

Sorry to hear that. I see your from Europe.  You might have better luck selling it there  :shruggy: :shruggy:

greenpigs

That stinks, hope you don't take it on the chin too bad.

Remember you don't need to own a Charger to be a member of this site. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

b5blue

I hear ya..."my year or so" turned into 6 years of storage @ 135.00 per month. I gained custody of my 3 children and raised them while my ex sat on her butt. (Shes over 33K in arrears in support) The car is starting to "come back" now, I'm down to one 17 year old. It was tough for a long time, short on funds and no time for the car, but the kids supported hanging on to it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry to hear you have to let the car go John....hopefully you & your dad can still make it to Carlisle again!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Wicked72

Bad memories and many regrets when I sold my first one.  :'( sorry your gotta sell it...
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

CB

1970 B5 Charger 500 383 2bbl ( never for sale )

Never say never  :rotz:
Life can take turns which force you to let it go.

You will find another one when the time is right :thumbs:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

ACUDANUT

I would sell the 66 Plymouth and keep the Charger. :Twocents:

TruckDriver

That sucks. But your not alone either.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

firefighter3931

Sorry to hear this news Johnny  :-\

Try and find a way to keep it  :angel:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

kamkuda

You have to do what is right at the time.  Try to get her back together.  It will be easier to sell

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi John,

sorry to hear that. Haven't seen you since a while, hope all is ok.

Best wishes

Carsten

ACUDANUT

kokxville

Thanks for the replies guys.
Someone came take a look at my charger last saturday and he is for 95% shure he want it.
He's coming back tonight and then i know for sure.

@Ron: I know,i wish i could,but there will be anotherone someday

@ Rob: If i was able to have the room and time to put her back together,i would never sell my charger.

@ Carsten: Hi Carsten,yes everything is ok.I'm doing fine.How are you?

John
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kamkuda

Are you gonna drive the Belv this year?

kokxville

Hi Rob,

Yes,it's almost done.Next month she will be roadworthy  :2thumbs:
Changed all the gaskets and seals and freezeplugs on the 318 poly,welded the rust issues and painted it black.( 2/3rd of it because it started to rain,haha )
ordered a new set off frontmarker lencess,and have the bumpers powdercoated.
I'll post some pics here when it's done.

John

kokxville

Well,the charger is sold. :brickwall:
I still have mixed feelings but at this time it's the best thing for me to do.
There will be another one in the future. :angel:
But i still keep hanging around here  :cheers:

John

69 Bama R/T

I know how you feel.Awhile back I sold a 1971 plymouth duster 318 that I bought from the original owner because of crap that came up.
It was in great shape.

You will find another like I did :yesnod:

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi John,

I am fine, hope to see you at some shows in NL or at the german Mopar Nats this year!

Best wishes

Carsten

kokxville

Hi Carsten,

glad to hear your ok. :2thumbs:

when will the german nats be?I guess i could take the belvedere for a ride there. :scratchchin:

John

kokxville

Well,let me explain.
The reason i've had to sell the charger is that i've lost the space to work on her.It was completly dissambled and i did get a good price the way it was.I didn't have what i have invested in it trough.And the other thing is time.I knew if i should keep it,it would never be finished.Restoring a car is nice,but i've had my charger for 11 years and have never drivin it.It just costs me more and more money,and in the 11 years i've had it,i moved it 5 times due the fact that i don't have the space on my own to put it.I was depending on other people and that sucks and costs more money. :brickwall:
The Belvedere is not a big project and i want to drive a mopar this summer and this car will suit my needs. :yesnod:
But i will buy another in the future,one that's ready to drive and have fun in it.I could always say to people,hey,i have a 1970 charger and everyone thinks"wow,that's awesome".But what's it worth if you won't be able to drive it? :Twocents:
That doesn't mean i'm very happy now i've sold it.
You get the point?
It feels like a loss,but also as a relief.

kokxville

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 28, 2011, 05:53:33 PM
Sorry to hear you have to let the car go John....hopefully you & your dad can still make it to Carlisle again!
Unfortunatly we won't make it to Carlisle this year.I'm going to visit the us,but not the date when Carlisle is,and not with my dad.He snors to much while he's a sleep  ;D.So i'm going this year with someone who does other things at night. :D I think next year i'll be going to Carlisle again.Btw,you have reletives over here Rob.When do you come to holland? :rofl:

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi John,

the german Mopar Nats will probably be friday 5th august and saturday 6th august (main day). Sunday will be just a hangover. As usual a race at the airport is planned for saturday evening

Greetz

Carsten

kamkuda

Quote from: kokxville on March 15, 2011, 04:15:08 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 28, 2011, 05:53:33 PM
Unfortunatly we won't make it to Carlisle this year.I'm going to visit the us,but not the date when Carlisle is,and not with my dad.He snors to much while he's a sleep  ;D.So i'm going this year with someone who does other things at night. :D I think next year i'll be going to Carlisle again.Btw,you have reletives over here Rob.When do you come to holland? :rofl:

We have a bunch of relatives in Holland but noone close that I know.  My uncles and cousins are mostly here in canada

Drive the Wheels off that Belvedere and have some fun :cheers: